Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

Can't be good at a game I loathe
V61TeFw.gif
Can't loathe that which you haven't played with your own two hands...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Looking at the twitch streams, I have to say this is the best looking MK so far gameplay-wise. I withheld my judgment for so long because I was skeptical about how the devs played because they sucked. Good job NRS.

A gameplay video I watched yesterday confirmed a replay function, I believe.
Very useful

Back to block makes some MK fans go crosseyed. Also no dash cancelling

I love the game though. Team Deathstroke all day

TBH, I just couldn't stand the characters.

Sometimes I wish I lived in an alternate universe where Marvel is owned by WB.

I miss playing Psylocke in a fighting game. Marvel Heroes is fun and all, but it's no fighting game. And she was omitted Marvel VS Capcom 3 (and Ultimate MvC3). You guys ever played X-Men: Next Dimension? Loved that game (though the loading times were long).

Aaaanyways, this has nothing to do with MK, so... nevermind. :3

So how does everyone feel about no dash blocking? I don't mind it since there's run canceling and whatnot. Gameplay is uber smooth and fun, everything I had doubts about I no longer doubt. NRS really topped themselves this time.

So how does everyone feel about no dash blocking? I don't mind it since there's run canceling and whatnot. Gameplay is uber smooth and fun, everything I had doubts about I no longer doubt. NRS really topped themselves this time.

I hate it...I'm still trying to play this like MK9 and the no dash blocking is throwing me off. It'll take some getting used to.

Related question though...how do I overcome the zoning without dash blocking? I played a Cassie online this morning, and I could not close distance at all...I just kept getting shot in the damn face. Without dash blocking, what is the tactic to close the gap on zoners?

Need to play it like Injustice. I have zero experience with MKX, but I imagine that you can get a single dash between each shot. If not, walk speed has been drastically increased.

You can do what [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] said or do run block cancels. Even more useful than dash blocking IMO.