Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

hi all,

can someone please help me find a combo guide like in the good old days explaining the various attacks, combos, attack frames and combo lengths/frames/cancellations, chain combos, pop ups and knock downs, unbreakables/infinites, etc.?

i just got mk xl a week or so ago and haven't played since UMK3/Trilogy and i actually really enjoy it as it seems to be a very very concrete rendition of the old physics mixed in with the modern day combo system (i'd say it's a very good mixture of all versions from 1 to 9 and everything in between)

only thing i don't like about it is the lack of characters and stages but everything else is quite right.

thanks in advance for your helps! ☺

hi all,

can someone please help me find a combo guide like in the good old days explaining the various attacks, combos, attack frames and combo lengths/frames/cancellations, chain combos, pop ups and knock downs, unbreakables/infinites, etc.?

i just got mk xl a week or so ago and haven't played since UMK3/Trilogy and i actually really enjoy it as it seems to be a very very concrete rendition of the old physics mixed in with the modern day combo system (i'd say it's a very good mixture of all versions from 1 to 9 and everything in between)

only thing i don't like about it is the lack of characters and stages but everything else is quite right.

thanks in advance for your helps! ☺

Perfect place

https://testyourmight.com/forums/mortal-kombat-xl.195/

So I’ve been playing this game for awhile now trying to figure it out I guess. After who knows how long I’ve been playing I think it’s starting to hit me. Mkx is not a great fighting game. Idk I guess it just feels like it’s more dependent on random shit and less skill. It feels like a game for casual is basically what I’m trying say. Yeah you can get competitive in this game and get real good but that’s almost any game. (I know it’s not an FG but competitive Pac-Man is a thing)I guess what I’m saying is as a Fighting game it’s not that good compared to what’s out there now with games like Sfv, Tekken 7, and DBFZ I just feel like people who play those games are in a league of their own. It feels like people who play Mk are only good at Mk and won’t be able to keep up with other players from different communities, and that bothers me greatly because I love this franchise. Idk guess I’m just rambling tho....