Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

Probably because that person plays against incompetent dweebs that don't know what they're doing.

I've seen him play and the people he's faced.
He's just a really smart player and even said himself he mained Kitana for the fact she was considered low-tier.

Lol @ "incompetent dweebs"
You don't seriously think he made it to the top with 600+ wins and under 25 losses like that, do you?

I've seen him play and the people he's faced.
He's just a really smart player and even said himself he mained Kitana for the fact she was considered low-tier.

Lol @ "incompetent dweebs"
You don't seriously think he made it to the top with 600+ wins and under 25 losses like that, do you?

Online really doesn't matter lol

That doesn't really change my point...
You can be good with any player as long as you play smart and adapt to other's style.

But you certainly can't defeat someone with an equal level of skill who happens to be playing a top tier character.

Is it just me or is it annoying when people go up to give advice during matches in tournaments? I don't think it should be allowed. This is not a team game. It's solely 100% up to the individual player to know their matchups and win on their own.

lolwut? It's not unheard for people who play a lower tier character to defeat top tiers

Exactly.
It's really not that hard to understand.

I'm sure [MENTION=18695]Temptress[/MENTION] will come up with something though... lol

lolwut? It's not unheard for people who play a lower tier character to defeat top tiers

His point was about the equality of players' skill level. If Sonic Fox were to mirror match himself; one Fox playing Raiden and one playing Kitana, the Kitana Fox would lose almost every time.

Hypothetically of course, I don't know the actual matchup numbers of those two.

But you certainly can't defeat someone with an equal level of skill who happens to be playing a top tier character.

Are you trolling or what?
You think out of those 600 matches that guy has played with Kitana and won, NO ONE was at or above his skill level?
Don't even bring the "incompetent" crap back up because I'm sure half the people he beat could beat you.

Maybe stop thinking so much about "tiers" and hoping from one good character to another and just stick with your main.

Are you trolling or what?
You think out of those 600 matches that guy has played with Kitana and won, NO ONE was at or above his skill level?
Don't even bring the "incompetent" crap back up because I'm sure half the people he beat could beat you.

Maybe stop thinking so much about "tiers" and hoping from one good character to another and just stick with your main.

His point still stands. The man himself is a great player, but he'd be even more successful were he to use a character that was higher tier. More tools are undeniable. Also are these 600 wins done in Ranked? If so that hardly means anything about his skill. Hard to gauge skill from that. Gimmicks rule 1 'n done sets.

Matchups also make fights. Even with Equal skilled players playing against eachother, a low tier that is a good matchup against a high tier, the low tier can win.

I really feel like my Reptile is starting to hit its stride. I'm getting that Sektor vibe from him. I'm finally utilizing his acid corner pressure and I'm ending combos in Ex Slow Ball for the rushdown assist.

I really feel like my Reptile is starting to hit its stride. I'm getting that Sektor vibe from him. I'm finally utilizing his acid corner pressure and I'm ending combos in Ex Slow Ball for the rushdown assist.

Did they buff his damage output?

Did they buff his damage output?

Reptile - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently
Reptile - can no longer repeatedly stack the damage nullification from Stealth & Invisibility
Reptile - Slithering Slaps (Away + BP) increased damage by 2
Reptile - increased damage of Slink combo (FP, BP, FP) by 4
Reptile - increased damage on Deadly Venom combo (FP, BK) by 4
Reptile - decreased damage of Dragon Kick (FK) by 2
Reptile - increased damage of Shedding Skin combo (FK, BK, Down + BK) by 2
Reptile - increased hit/cancel advantage on Sneaky Snake combo (Away + FP, Down + BK) by 20
Reptile - increased damage Toxic combo (Towards + FK, Away + BK) by 2
Reptile - Low Heel (Down + FK) now has 7 startup frames (down from 9) and is -3 on block (up from -2)

They didn't buff any of his good strings. They did give him a stealth buff though. His njp has greater range now. So you can finally do f4,1,2xxbf2 into a njp. I don't do it online yet though, too inconsistent right now.

I'm ass at this game and I don't feel like I'm making any improvements. I still can't get use to the block button. It completely stifles my mobility.

I just can't figure this game out.