Tanya's Redesign

Are they able to do that though? I'd love for them to get the hint that people aren't happy with the drastic identity change to her appearance, but only thought is that would it not give you two different looking Tanya's from Storymode and general ingame play? Or can you make a patch for the corrections?

Of course they are able to do that. :p
They can even make such corrections AFTER they released Tanya as DLC through a patch.

However, it doesn't mean they will do so. Maybe NRS are pleased with her skin-tone.

What is all this nonsense about Tanya being "whitewashed"?

She's always been white.

Jade was the one who went from being black to being white.

What is all this nonsense about Tanya being "whitewashed"?

She's always been white.

Jade was the one who went from being black to being white.

You are either trolling or ignorant.

tanyabust.gif

tanya-stand-d.jpg

These are both Tanya and neither of them are "white".

And Jade was only "white" in one render. She wasn't in-game.

I'd say Tanya's skin colour should be somewhere between Jade and Jax's. I had hoped she had fuller lips as well. For me personally, my favourite version of Tanya is in MKD. Her render just makes her look like a boss ass b!tch :D

I'm not going to to accept the whitewashing of Tanya, racist fans can. She should be brown skinned with bigger lips and noise then everyone in the game but JAX and Jacqui, it's just common sense.

People are still talking about the whitewashing?
Well hey, I'm bugged too, but what can you do? It's not like they're gonna do anything about it.
We can either accept it or keep b!tching about it with no hope of accomplishing anything,
I'll choose to accept it and still be happily married. :tee:

People are still talking about the whitewashing?
Well hey, I'm bugged too, but what can you do? It's not like they're gonna do anything about it.
We can either accept it or keep b!tching about it with no hope of accomplishing anything,
I'll choose to accept it and still be happily married. :tee:

I actually like it. I'm actually glad she became as seductive as Anna Williams (Tekken). I like the possibility that she can be dark skinned or light. Anyone (actress/actor of any race) can be as her in movies. The same goes for Jade. ;)

I've got to say, I really love Tanya's new design and its my favourite of them all so far. I'm a big fan of the Egyptian-esque design and image that they've went for.

Off-topic but: For me, she has the potential to be the best female in the game with her possible movesets. I can't wait to see what they do for her and her variations.

Off-topic but: For me, she has the potential to be the best female in the game with her possible movesets. I can't wait to see what they do for her and her variations.

Glad to see so many people say this.
I've heard so many Shinnok haters say 'Wow, I love him now, they really made his moveset amazing!'
Hoping the new gen tanya has the same effect.

I've heard so many Shinnok haters say 'Wow, I love him now, they really made his moveset amazing!'

As someone who's always hated Shinnok for being the lamest boss in any fighting game ever (imo), both due to gameplay and looks, I'm actually surprised NRS managed to make me like at least some parts of him. His alternate costume and his Bone Shaper Variation is all I like about him, but it's enough. ^^

We haven't seen her since Armageddon, so I imagine they can come up with many fresh ideas for her as a character. If they can redesign her image so ambitiously, I can only imagine they're going to take great leaps with her moveset. It's funny because I've only just considered everything I'm saying and she's definitely a possible main/casual for me.

As someone who's always hated Shinnok for being the lamest boss in any fighting game ever (imo), both due to gameplay and looks, I'm actually surprised NRS managed to make me like at least some parts of him. His alternate costume and his Bone Shaper Variation is all I like about him, but it's enough. ^^

His lil' funny hands are adorable in one of his variations.

We haven't seen her since Armageddon, so I imagine they can come up with many fresh ideas for her as a character. If they can redesign her image so ambitiously, I can only imagine they're going to take great leaps with her moveset. It's funny because I've only just considered everything I'm saying and she's definitely a possible main/casual for me.

Since I'm not getting MKX until I get a new PS3, She's gonna be the first character I play, lol.
She's a definite main.
I can't wait to see what they do with her moveset.
So far, they've just brought back her fire again. I was hoping they'd branch out her black magic, but I think they decided to just mainly stick with her MKD-introduced fire.
Either way, she's still my main.

His lil' funny hands are adorable in one of his variations.

Since I'm not getting MKX until I get a new PS3, She's gonna be the first character I play, lol.
She's a definite main.
I can't wait to see what they do with her moveset.
So far, they've just brought back her fire again. I was hoping they'd branch out her black magic, but I think they decided to just mainly stick with her MKD-introduced fire.
Either way, she's still my main.

I'd personally be fine without the fire and settle for yellow colored magic, similar to that of Mileena's purple aura. There's already several fire users in the story and multiple in MKX. I'd like them to go for a more unique approach involving sorcery or some sort of weapon.

I'd personally be fine without the fire and settle for yellow colored magic, similar to that of Mileena's purple aura. There's already several fire users in the story and multiple in MKX. I'd like them to go for a more unique approach involving sorcery or some sort of weapon.

Yellow magic?
She's mainly a sorceress of black magic. She usually has bolts that range from purple to a purple tinted blue.
When they first revealed her, they had a purple and yellow design on her, so I had hope that they were going to be bringing back her purple oriented magic.
I feel like we'll mainly be getting fire, though.

If just one of her Variations makes use of purple flames or the like, then I'm happy. ^^
Oh, and a Variation with her Tonfa Blades as well! :3