The Curious Case of Jacqui Briggs' Mother

I must admit it is ever very odd that they won't even show the mother or mention her. If she is a random than whats the big deal? Why not just have a quick cameo of the person in the Briggs family trailer?

So long as that horniness is confined to being between male/female or the even more traditional male/non-human, apparently.

Lol I'm not going to get into this debate with you. Jax is not gay, point blank. I'm not sure where you even got that idea from. I get that you probably want some character in the series to be gay and that's fine but don't try and push that on the developers or anyone on the forum.

I must admit it is ever very odd that they won't even show the mother or mention her. If she is a random than whats the big deal? Why not just have a quick cameo of the person in the Briggs family trailer?

Because it is bae AKA Tanya! Lol I hope, anyway.

What if she's already dead before the story begins...?

Jax being gay?... That would be an interesting development on his character.

I like it.

Lol Was worth a shot! I loved that movie, hopefully I'm not the only one who knows what it is...

But yeah, if Jacqui was illuminated by a green light, we know what time it is. I know you don't think the Tanya x Jax pairing is likely but I dig it, dude. It is a bit random but not completely impossible because of Jax being an evil revenant for Quan Chi and Tanya being an associate of the Brotherhood of Shadow. Even denizens of the Netherrealm get horny, I imagine.

Well, you make a good point. I don't think Tanya is gonna turn to Shinnok if she is looking for a good time lol. But seriously, them hooking up would be totally unexpected, but it could have benefits, especially for Jacqui. All this reminds me of the storyline Jax had with Ruby on DOTR when I think about it.

What if she's already dead before the story begins...?

Possible, but it would be lame imo.

Last edited:
Why the Jade assumptions again? Cause they're both dark skinned? Get out of here with that bologna.

My money's either on Sonya or some random Earthrealm woman. I don't see her mom being too important if it isn't Sonya.

As a latinoamerican I don't feel represented in this game.

Make Jax drink mate, play soccer and dance to tango or I riot. :laugh:

Nah, seriously nobody is asking for any representation, this is just wild speculation.

The peace should prevail.

I have reason to believe that Jacqui's mother is native to Earthrealm. My theory is, if the mother is Edenian, then the offspring would inherit an Edenian lifespan, and if THAT is the case, then the offspring would probably still be an infant at age 25.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Well, you make a good point. I don't think Tanya is gonna turn to Shinnok if she is looking for a good time lol. But seriously, them hooking up would be totally unexpected, but it could have benefits, especially for Jacqui. All this reminds me of the storyline Jax had with Ruby on DOTR when I think about it.

Possible, but it would lame imo.

Lol Is it lame because you don't like Tanya (which some people don't, I know) or because it would be too hard for you to believe it?

PS~ What if Ruby is Jacqui's mom? I'd be up for them including some DOTR characters in future games but Skarlet is kind of holding that female ninja in red role now so the comparisons would immediately be drawn and people would be whining that she's a palette swap, I bet you. And props to you for staying on topic like certain other people. THANK YOU!

As a latinoamerican I don't feel represented in this game.

Make Jax drink mate, play soccer and dance to tango or I riot. :laugh:

Nah, seriously nobody is asking for representation, this is just wild speculation.

The peace should prevail.

I'm Mexican and I joke to my friends all the time that Kotal Kahn is the first Mexican character in MK. Obviously that's not actually the case but you know, people are ignorant and will believe whatever they like.

Gemini?

- The two share a friendship, and Gemini worries excessively about Jax, indicating a possible romantic interest on her side. -

I think she is.

Did you learn nothing from Pokemon?! :laugh:

Characters only have parents when that's actually important to the story. Otherwise, they're MIA, dead, or MIA and dead.

Why would any responsable parent let his/her kid travel the world alone while trapping wild animals and forcing them to fight?

I feel if she's relevant to the plot, she should be mentioned.

Otherwise at this point, I kinda couldn't care less who the mother really is.

But I'm still sticking to my guns in saying that neither Tanya nor Jade has anything to do with Jacqui being born. There's literally no reason for neither of them to be involved with Jax.

I told y'all to stay on topic, yet after that I still have to continue deleting posts made after I said that. Anyone who gets into an off topic flaming argument will receive an infraction without warning.

Gemini?

- The two share a friendship, and Gemini worries excessively about Jax, indicating a possible romantic interest on her side. -

I think she is.

I think it would be cool to finally see Gemini on-screen...though I do wonder if NRS will make her look good, considering their track record with female faces, lol

Lol Is it lame because you don't like Tanya (which some people don't, I know) or because it would be too hard for you to believe it?

PS~ What if Ruby is Jacqui's mom? I'd be up for them including some DOTR characters in future games but Skarlet is kind of holding that female ninja in red role now so the comparisons would immediately be drawn and people would be whining that she's a palette swap, I bet you. And props to you for staying on topic like certain other people. THANK YOU!

The "lame" part was a response to p.W post, not the Tanya stuff. I would have zero issues with Tanya being Jacqui mother. Also, Ruby was intended to be Jade, so if they wanted to go with that angle, they would probably use Jade and not bring back ruby lol. Actually, when I think about Ruby was Kitana's friend, but betrayed her to join Shao Kahn. That's very Tanya like.

Did you learn nothing from Pokemon?! :laugh:

Characters only have parents when that's actually important to the story. Otherwise, they're MIA, dead, or MIA and dead.

Yeah that's true, but they could also keep her just as insignificant alive, lol. I would just like a name and face to attach to Jacqui mom. She doesn't have to play a bigger role than that for me.