Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Briggs Family Trailer

  1. #1
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Briggs Family Trailer

    Let's talk spoilers and figure this junk out, because I think some crucial puzzle pieces just fell into place.

    Resurrection Chronology

    We have seen 25+ Jax fight Revenant Kung Lao, Kitana, and Quan Chi, and smart money says that that was him fighting Liu Kang in the Shaolin trailer. ("You do not deserve to rejoin us.")

    We have also seen un-Revenanted Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Raiden in the Kove fighting Tarkatans. The only thing we know for sure about this scene is that it's not 25+, because Liu Kang and Kung Lao are still young.

    So unless Kung Lao is a revenant, then gets resurrected, then becomes a revenant again, then gets resurrected again... ...the only alternative that I can think of is that the Liu Kang/Kung Lao scene was a flashback, probably set in the end of MK1/beginning of MK2 period when Tarkatan Hordes were a thing and did invade the White Lotus temple in Earthrealm where Shaolin monks can, in fact, be found.

    There has yet to be a single definitive resurrected sighting of Kitana, Kung Lao, or Liu Kang. The Jax chapter might be pretty early on, but Cassie and Kung Jin fight Kitana on the steps of the White Lotus temple... would NRS reallyhave three separate resurrection waves in the same game? (Jax/Kuai, Liu/Kung, Kitana/whoever?) I dunnnnnoooooooo.

    Jax and Jacqui's relationship

    This isn't confusing at all. Jax says "Now look who's being overprotective," presumably speaking to Jacqui on the phone, and this falls perfectly in line with what we already suspected - he retires, doesn't want Jacqui to pursue the same line of work that he did, they have a bit of a falling out because he's being overprotective, and then when she finds out that he's going to take on Quan Chi and the Revenants (best MK band name?) she changes her tune.

    Cassie's Crew vs Kotal's Kahnate

    This scene always stood out, because it was difficult to fit into the otherwise clear progression of events in the Story Trailer. It stands out even more as of last comic issue, when Erron Black kidnapped Cassie and then Kotal was all "son, you done goofed." And then Kotal sends his people to kidnap the Earthrealm warriors? Again? I'm not feeling it.

    However, now that we know that the Dead Woods are in Earthrealm, and they are actually very close to the White Lotus temple, we can infer a lot from the red stains on the ground in that scene.



    @Snow already connected the dots between Shinnok's red mist in the first chapter (it looks black here, but it's definitely red-tinted) that surrounds him and shows up during his bone hand intro, and the blood red cloud of vapor rising from the White Lotus temple. His theory was that Shinnok corrupts the Jinsei. Well, given the proximity of the Jinsei to the Dead Woods, whatever's happening there seems to have covered the entire area. And Kotal surrounding Cassie's Crew seems to take place after Cassie's Crew returns from Outworld to help with the whole end of the world scenario that's unfolding.

    It is, perhaps, significant that D'Vorah and Ferra/Torr are nowhere to be seen here. There have been suspicions that D'Vorah turns on Kotal, and if this does indeed take place after the Outworld segment of the game, then she's already been dealt with.

    edit: almost forgot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    True, but do we really know if this takes place before or after Raiden talks to Cassie, Jacqui and Li Mei at the SF base, in the helicopter?
    No one else finds it strange that Johnny and Sonya aren't also in that helicopter scene with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    I just watched the original story trailer. We never actually see a complete shot of the helicopter/tent/wherever they are. We see Raiden in the same shot as Li Mei, and we see Cassie and Jacqui standing next to each other, and then Kung Jin standing next to Jacqui in a separate shot. No Takeda.

    We may have incorrectly assumed that no other SF crew are present based on NRS's careful trailer editing.
    Looks like Johnny Cage, at least, might be at the briefing.
    Last edited by p.W; 04-01-2015 at 06:26 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to p.W For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Shaolin Monk Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,468
    Twitter
    @MRK0NE
    Xbox Live
    MRK0NE
    PSN
    MRK0NE
    Steam
    MRK0NE
    Thanked: 104
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    Very good analysis/theory/stuff here

    How I see it, the story will go like:

    Shinnok is defeated.

    Jax and Sub Zero are restored + Scorpion gets converted.

    Timeskip.

    The Comics. Havik's plan to unite the daggers and bring the amulet back from the void is successful. Reiko is probably offed, and Mileena finds the amulet.

    Timeskip.

    Cassie and her crew are assigned to go to Outworld to retrieve the amulet. OR they hear of the amulet and sneak to Outworld to prove themselves. (Notice how Cassie in the Cage Family trailer said, "Well if they don't kill us my mother will." Insinuating that they weren't supposed to be there or are there without Sonya's consent.)

    Something goes awry and Shinnok is released from the amulet, most likely by accident.

    Shinnok poisons the Jinsei of Earthrealm and either persuades or possesses Kotal and his #thugsquad to fight off Cassie and her crew, where they successfully defeat the Kotal Rangers and face off against Kitana, Sindel and whoever else.

    At this time, Jax, Kenshi and probably Sub Zero(?) and Scorpion(?) invade the Netherrealm where they fight Liu Kang and possibly Kung Lao (if Kung Lao isn't at the Shaolin temple, which he may be). This might be the point where Quan Chi finally meets his end(?)

    One of the kids defeats Shinnok in the Jinsei chamber.

    The other revenants (Liu Kang, Kitana, Kung Lao) are freed.

    After credits scene, possibly after another timeskip to justify the aged Kung Lao and Liu Kang costumes.

    The Havik and Reiko fans are severely underwhelmed.

    The Havik and Reiko fans post their complaints all over TRMK.

    The end
    Everyone needs to smile once in a while!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snow For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    14,105
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2900
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    I'm not talking about any story / 25-minute trailer spoilers until after MKX has come out, and I have played it for myself.
    Sorry.

  6. #4
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Cassie and her crew are assigned to go to Outworld to retrieve the amulet. OR they hear of the amulet and sneak to Outworld to prove themselves. (Notice how Cassie in the Cage Family trailer said, "Well if they don't kill us my mother will." Insinuating that they weren't supposed to be there or are there without Sonya's consent.)
    Very interesting. I like it.

    At this time, Jax, Kenshi and probably Sub Zero(?) and Scorpion(?) invade the Netherrealm where they fight Liu Kang and possibly Kung Lao (if Kung Lao isn't at the Shaolin temple, which he may be). This might be the point where Quan Chi finally meets his end(?)
    Well, you're obviously right about Jax and Kenshi being there, but I don't think this chapter is much past the halfway point (if that) in the story mode. Kitana and Kung Lao are both seen at Quan Chi's side in this trailer, and we know that Kitana has to make her way to the White Lotus temple closer to the climax.

    After credits scene, possibly after another timeskip to justify the aged Kung Lao and Liu Kang costumes.
    I forgot all about that. These are the only options as far as I can tell - Liu and Kung never appear in their primary costumes in story mode at all, Liu and Kung are instantly aged up once the Revenant magic dissipates, or the game ends with another time skip as you suggest, which spells certain MK11 doom for Johnny, Sonya, Jax, Kano, and Erron who are all already pushing 50 in MKX. None of these options sound very plausible, but it seems like one of them has to be true.

    The Havik and Reiko fans are severely underwhelmed.

    The Havik and Reiko fans post their complaints all over TRMK.
    Haha.

    The only other thing I haven't accounted for is Ermac's threat that "We took your father's arms, we will take all of you!" to Jacqui. That sounds like a first meeting type of deal. It's hard to imagine Jacqui being cool with Ermac throughout the entire Outworld portion of the game and then suddenly deciding to beat him up at the end. But I guess amulet magic?

  7. #5
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,121
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 780
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    Well, since it's the spoiler part of the Forum, I can say openly.

    Judging by the first chapter, here are some relations among stages.

    The White Lotus Temple doesn't seem to be only it.

    It seems to be the Sky Temple. Notice that Raiden and Fujin are fighting on the stage, but it is VERY high (which we can't assume it's the top tower, maybe, the second floor of the one of the four stages).

    More than that. Raiden and Fujin are protecting the Jinsei, which is located inside the Temple. They are fighting on the "White Lotus stage" and then, on the doors of the Jinsei Chamber.

    We saw that Dead Woods is the surrounding forest of the Sky Temple. Notice, that when Johnny, Kenshi, Sonya and SF enter the cave, Johnny mentions "elevator".

    So, it seems to be clear that what we assume to be the White Lotus stage (which isn't a lie, since Raiden is the head of the White Lotus Society) is nothing more than the Sky Temple, and the Jinsei is probably the highest and most secure room.

    [...]

    On SOAD trailer (the making off), we see SHinnok reaching the Jinsei with a different look (the stream one). So, it's possible he corrupts the Jinsei.

    And it's possible that it's him coming out of the building, since it's the SKy Temple or one of it's constructions.

    I just got the impression that if he corrupts the Jinsei, everybody would die.

  8. #6
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I'm not talking about any story / 25-minute trailer spoilers until after MKX has come out, and I have played it for myself.
    Sorry.
    The point that relates to you is mega ultra tiny. But if you want to remain virginally pure, I can respect that.

  9. #7
    Shaolin Monk Snow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,468
    Twitter
    @MRK0NE
    Xbox Live
    MRK0NE
    PSN
    MRK0NE
    Steam
    MRK0NE
    Thanked: 104
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Ledbetter View Post
    Well, since it's the spoiler part of the Forum, I can say openly.

    Judging by the first chapter, here are some relations among stages.

    The White Lotus Temple doesn't seem to be only it.

    It seems to be the Sky Temple. Notice that Raiden and Fujin are fighting on the stage, but it is VERY high (which we can't assume it's the top tower, maybe, the second floor of the one of the four stages).

    More than that. Raiden and Fujin are protecting the Jinsei, which is located inside the Temple. They are fighting on the "White Lotus stage" and then, on the doors of the Jinsei Chamber.

    We saw that Dead Woods is the surrounding forest of the Sky Temple. Notice, that when Johnny, Kenshi, Sonya and SF enter the cave, Johnny mentions "elevator".

    So, it seems to be clear that what we assume to be the White Lotus stage (which isn't a lie, since Raiden is the head of the White Lotus Society) is nothing more than the Sky Temple, and the Jinsei is probably the highest and most secure room.

    [...]

    On SOAD trailer (the making off), we see SHinnok reaching the Jinsei with a different look (the stream one). So, it's possible he corrupts the Jinsei.

    And it's possible that it's him coming out of the building, since it's the SKy Temple or one of it's constructions.

    I just got the impression that if he corrupts the Jinsei, everybody would die.
    About those last few sentences there:

    Fujin: "You will not touch the Jinsei!"

    Shinnok: "Oh I will. And all of Earthrealm with know the truth... of death."

    He may not have been speaking literally. What might happen is that everyone who has no kind of magical protection of some kind will be turned into mind controlled slaves. Hence why the Kotal Rangers are about to fight the Cage Squad.
    @p.W About the Jax+Kenshi Netherrealm section. I'mm thinking that bit happens right before or after Cassies Squad fight the Kotal Rangers. It could very well not be that long for Kitana to reach the Sky/White Lotus/Whatever Temple since, you know, everyone in this universe has access to teleportation In some way.

    I believe that Quan Chi's finally going to get what's coming to him close to the end mostly because of Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana being freed. The other revenants may be restored as well and go about their business or are SOL and will be returning villains later.
    Everyone needs to smile once in a while!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snow For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Special Forces Agent Yellow Ledbetter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Brazil
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,121
    PSN
    AMULETofSHINNOK
    Steam
    YellowLedbetter
    Thanked: 780
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Briggs Family Trailer

    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    About those last few sentences there:

    Fujin: "You will not touch the Jinsei!"

    Shinnok: "Oh I will. And all of Earthrealm with know the truth... of death."

    He may not have been speaking literally. What might happen is that everyone who has no kind of magical protection of some kind will be turned into mind controlled slaves. Hence why the Kotal Rangers are about to fight the Cage Squad.
    @p.W About the Jax+Kenshi Netherrealm section. I'mm thinking that bit happens right before or after Cassies Squad fight the Kotal Rangers. It could very well not be that long for Kitana to reach the Sky/White Lotus/Whatever Temple since, you know, everyone in this universe has access to teleportation In some way.

    I believe that Quan Chi's finally going to get what's coming to him close to the end mostly because of Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana being freed. The other revenants may be restored as well and go about their business or are SOL and will be returning villains later.
    I usually like a lot your analisys

    You know, Shinnok said something very deep.

    Death is the rule. We live to die. I loved his metaphor of the shadow growing when alone. Light is just an exception.

    You are probably right. This is the truth of death he wants to show. By corrupting the life force of our realm, he will make the rule.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Briggs Family Trailer
    By Blind in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 06:54 AM
  2. MKX Cage Family Trailer
    By Rider in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 361
    Last Post: 03-13-2015, 01:34 AM
  3. You've got to love family...
    By Angel in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 08:24 PM
  4. Old Family Guy or New family Guy?
    By satinsoven in forum Movies & Television
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 04:54 PM
  5. Family guy
    By the_boss195 in forum Movies & Television
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 09:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •