Why is this duo so underrated already?

D1A1

The game isn't even out yet and it seems like they've already joined the likes of Stryker and Drahmin as far as unpopularity goes.

I've read that it's because they haven't been given much exposure, but to me, that should make them more interesting, not less. They're also looking to be merely jobbers, but I don't see in what way it's worse for them than it is for Reptile.

Lack of gameplay is holding them back imo, if you look at the favorites, you see a lot of what's going on with them compared to Ferra/Torr. For me, I have to have more than a brief view of a character to get me excited about them. Reptile has along with others have plenty of video to look at unlike Ferra, D'vora and Jaqui. I think that's whats turning people off towards them.

They've done a horrible job at marketing these two. Their interaction with each other is done well, but they currently lack in the story department. I'm still waiting on their comic book story, but according to the writer we have a long way to go.

Combination of lack of gameplay hype + lack of comic hype + lack of trailer hype

Ferra literally hasn't had a single line of dialogue in the comic so far. And unlike Erron Black, she's not being built up for an inevitable satisfying reveal, either. What's there to be excited about?

I love her intros though. Very funny.

Arent Brawler usually portrayed as lackeys? Kotal surprisingly breaks the mold and that is why he stands out. Ferra/Torr designs concept is just as good as Kotal's IMO. Also neither characters movesets are over the top but Kotals back story really sell him.
it doesnt help that anytime we have a stream ,Tyler and Derrick picks the showcased character and either Scorpion, Ermac or Subzero.
The off chance they DO pick a requested character, they dont know how to play them and end up doing a throw the whole match or one move and a sweep. lol.

PS.
I do think NRS dropped the ball with marketing in general. I believe that they really should have mixed the reveals up between the special forces and Kotal's group.

Arent Brawler usually portrayed as lackeys? Kotal surprisingly breaks the mold and that is why he stands out.

What do you mean by brawlers? Slow, grappling characters?

it doesnt help that anytime we have a stream ,Tyler and Derrick picks the showcased character and either Scorpion, Ermac or Subzero.

That's not true. Derrick's been using and abusing Mileena in the last couple of streams, while Tyler switched it up between Ermac and Kano. No one has used Scorpion in years, never mind Sub-Zero.

Yes slow grappling characters.

Vs, -Takada, Kung Jin, Ermac, Kung, ect we saw there interaction vs Scorpion.
Subzero - it's been since the Ermac stream yes.

Yes slow grappling characters.

Kano and Goro aren't portrayed as lackeys in the comic, though. I think at this point Ferra/Torr is more of an exception than Kotal is.

Vs, -Takada, Kung Jin, Ermac, Kung, ect we saw there interaction vs Scorpion.
Subzero - it's been since the Ermac stream yes.

Lol... why would you count the "fights" when one character is just being shown off? Those aren't actual fights. Nobody is trying to win. Even if Ferra/Torr was in every single one of these, it wouldn't matter because they'd just die after not doing any cool moves, and there would be no hype for them.

What builds hype is seeing a character play in a Bo3, like Mileena vs Kano, Mileena vs Ermac, Kitana vs Reptile, Ermac vs Kung Lao, etc.

Goro was a lackey of shang tsung-shao kahn, Kano is most definitely a lackey, apparently to the highest bidder. LOL.
My earlier point is out of sight out of mind. Even being selected would at least remind fans of their existence. Not everyone reads the comics.
But have it your way, i just asked a question about aren't big brawlers usually lackeys and not the main focal points.

I've seen a lot of people mention that they don't like large characters in fighting games. I happen to love them so I'll be maining Torr day 1.

I know that he's probably going to be bottom tier, but that's nothing new to me. I mained Bane in Injustice.
Pre buffs :bandit:

I've seen a lot of people mention that they don't like large characters in fighting games. I happen to love them so I'll be maining Torr day 1.

I know that he's probably going to be bottom tier, but that's nothing new to me. I mained Bane in Injustice.
Pre buffs :bandit:

What makes you say that Ferra/Torr will be bottom tier? Grapplers can be very strong.

What makes you say that Ferra/Torr will be bottom tier? Grapplers can be very strong.

He just hasn't wowed me in any way yet, in terms of viability at least. I need to sit down with the character before I can fully judge him. But as of now, he doesn't seem as strong as everyone else.

He just hasn't wowed me in any way yet, in terms of viability at least. I need to sit down with the character before I can fully judge him. But as of now, he doesn't seem as strong as everyone else.

Ah, OK. I got the same impression, but I'm like the least qualified person in the world to talk about competitive fighting games so I didn't know if it could be trusted.

I personally think they are my favourite new characters. I hope they have a decent backstory, and play well. Like someone said above, they will most likely be a lower tier. I'm okay with that though, as long as they're fun and challenging to use. I like their variations a lot, wish they would get more focus though, I can't find any videos breaking them down.

Their backstory is nonexistent. Their official bio on Amazon is so convoluted, it's like the devs just tossed a bunch of fan fiction into a blender and called it a day.

Their backstory is nonexistent. Their official bio on Amazon is so convoluted, it's like the devs just tossed a bunch of fan fiction into a blender and called it a day.

How much you wanna bet that Torr's ladder ending involves him picking up Shao Kahn's helmet and putting it on his head?

I wouldn't even be mad.

The gimkick is neat, but the character design simply doesnt appeal to me. Im more into ninjas, sorcerers and gods than i am into weird freaky things. Also Ferra and Torr kind of dilute each other. Overall its a solid addition to the roster but its simply not my thing. Especially with Erron and Dvorah looking really appealing ti me, with powers and abilities i find exciting and fun to watch

I like every debuting character in MKX thus far. Ferra/Torr intrigues me because of how different they are. I really want to know their background history and can't wait to see their second fatality.