[SPOILER] First 25 Minutes of Story Mode and Tower Gameplay

Smoke's outfit is his MK9 alternate. There's barely any change in there. Why would someone think that's a new costume is beyond my comprehension.

All revenants, except for Kuai and Jax, had their MK9 outfits. The big question mark at this point is definitely Rain because he's clearly wearing a whole new costume when he kicks Kotal (and yet some people said that was his Armageddon outfit, people seriously need glasses).

That being said: Fujin has an AWESOME new look, Gosh I love that headband or whatever the hell that is! I adore his very tanned skin tone and how white are his eyes and hair. I am gay for his voice! His voice fits him like a glove, it's so different, a little bit "rusty" me thinks, but in a good way! I don't believe, I REFUSE TO BELIEVE, he's not playable in this game.

The big question mark at this point is definitely Rain because he's clearly wearing a whole new costume when he kicks Kotal (and yet some people said that was his Armageddon outfit, people seriously need glasses).
People only say that because he has a mixture of his MKA and his MK9. Evidently, he has the Mask he had in MKA, and the upper and lower body he had in MK9, minus the sleeves. Nothing extra though.

People only say that because he has a mixture of his MKA and his MK9. Evidently, he has the Mask he had in MKA, and the upper and lower body he had in MK9, minus the sleeves. Nothing extra though.

There's nothing from his MK9 outfit at all. It's inspired on his MKA outfit but has some differences but there's not even a tiny similarity with his MK9 iteration.

Unfortunately because I don't think they will ever be able to make a better outfit than the one he had in MK9, it was absolutely outstanding.

BTW what's your problem with the whole MKX cast? You seem to dislike everyone and I don't understand why.

I don't see that AT ALL.

He definitely had lots of new details. Look it up. He isn't actually "shirtless", he seems to be wearing some necklace or ruby of some sorts and even his "cape" is shaped very differently from his Armageddon look. As for the rest, you can't really change that much in him, he's purple. I am pretty sure his mask is more like classic UMK3, than his Armageddon/MK9 ones. But time will tell. Definitely not the same situation of Sindel, Kabal, Smoke, Stryker and Nightwolf.

yeah smoke kabal nightwolf sindel stryker just have their mk9 looks. why didn't they do the same with rain? hell, even scorpion appears in his mk9 outfit in the beginning. while I try to keep my hope low-ish to not get frustrated at the end, the odds favour fujin and him right now. he could be in and they maybe hold fujin for dlc due to demand and $$$. in the tv spot raiden supermans someone and it's so fast that you can't clearly see who it is, people say it was blue kano but it's too blurry. maybe? hopefully? ED PLS

OK, more thoughts time:

- No idea what the GDC players were smoking when they said that Fujin looks like an NPC. This chapter is far from conclusive proof that he's unlockable, but he does not look like an NPC. He looks great, he does a lot of fighting, he has an interesting voice. Neat.

- The visual callback to the MK:Armageddon intro was so well done.

armageddon.png

Very subtle moment paralleling Kintaro's champion pose as the warriors of darkness rush past him. Recapturing a piece of MK mythology. Loved it.

- Anyone else find it funny how beautiful Sindel is?

sindel.png

For a role with no speaking lines (so far), she's actually the most classically beautiful female in the game. Definitely upstages Jacqui, and I think Kitana as well. Heh. And it's not a reused face, she and Stryker clearly have new ones.

- It's interesting to me that Smoke got some spoken dialogue, while the other unplayable Revenants did not (in fairness, Revenant Kuai doesn't get any dialogue either). Whether Smoke makes it in as DLC or not, NRS seems very interested in pursuing this Enenra angle in the future, and they obviously want to make sure it's been officially foreshadowed.

- Quan Chi's not long for this world (and not very long for the Netherrealm, either). I give Kenshi 50% odds for owning the next chapter, Scorpion 30%, and Raiden 20%.

I'm glad that my home boy, Kabal at least makes an appearance. He looks spicy with the new graphics.

I'm overwhelmed with how awesome this chapter was. Undead Sub-Zero and Scorpion fighting together was so badass. Sub-Zero freezing the soilder dudes and smashing their heads together! Raiden and Fujin kicking oni anusses was a high water geek moment for me but most of all.. Shinnok. I've always thought he was an awesome character lore-wise and had so much potential. Seems he has a redemption after being the worst boss character way back.

I'm pretty sure NRS wants to change Smoke's name to Enenra to differentiate him from his cyborg counterpart and make a new story for him.

I got that feeling as well. I wouldn't mind at all. With a new name comes a world of new gameplay possibilities.

I wouldn't mind either as long as he keeps looking kind of ninjish.

I love new stuff but keep my "ninjas" like "ninjas" lol

BTW does he say "I am Enenra" or "I'm an enenra"?

I've got the feeling he claims the former but I'm not entirely sure.

I'm the opposite. Well, it depends on what you mean by "ninja-ish." I'd love it if he looked like a smoke monster instead of a human when he fought, but during some of his animations (e.g. intro or winning) he would turn back into something that looks human. That would be cool.

You are correct. It's the former.

He says the former.

Enenra Smoke would be an interesting angle, his story could involve him losing his humanity to his demon side, and trying to gain it back, his moves could involve creating objects and creatures out of smoke sorta like Jackie Estacado from the Darkness,

On the subject of the Story, I must say this is looking pretty epic!!!, can't wait to see more, and Fujin does have a high probability of being unlockable, or at least DLC

I wouldn't mind it if they changed Smoke's name to Enenra. Smoke as a name just sounds stupid. While they're at it, I'd love it if they gave Noob Saibot a legitimate name as well.

I think both are already consolidated names, specially Noob Saibot.

Of course Enenra is more acceptable, since an enenra is a japanese entity of smoke, so it changes little.

But Noob Saibot is a mark.

I'm pretty sure NRS wants to change Smoke's name to Enenra to differentiate him from his cyborg counterpart and make a new story for him.

I wouldn't mind that at all. A more demonic Smoke would be very awesome. As long they change his costume to look less like his palette-swap look. ^^