Tekken 7

Immortal Reaver

I never really got into Tekken much. I played the classics here and there at friends houses but never got super into it. Tekken 7 looks pretty interesting. I hope it turns out well. I might pick it up if it is good. But how "hard" is the game? I feel like MK is overall fairly easy to play, at least at an average to intermediate level. How are the combos, are they 1 frame links and such? I think [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] plays tekken.

There is no word on a release date for consoles, but it's usually given at least a few months (it can be much longer) running at the arcades first. As far as new characters are concerned, Shaheen is the only one that interests me.

Oh yes!!!! I'm so happy they brought Jin back, it's the same feeling I got when they revealed Liu Kang. Both being protagonists that could have been believed to have been dropped due to the events of the story in their previous games. Both also being my mains of my two favourite fighting games :D

I never really got into Tekken much. I played the classics here and there at friends houses but never got super into it. Tekken 7 looks pretty interesting. I hope it turns out well. I might pick it up if it is good. But how "hard" is the game? I feel like MK is overall fairly easy to play, at least at an average to intermediate level. How are the combos, are they 1 frame links and such? I think [MENTION=4889]BBBLP[/MENTION] plays tekken.

Coming from a guy who has played almost every MK and tekken in the last 15 years, I've always felt as though Tekken is always more difficult in the competitive scene. I like to think I'm fairly decent at both games but I've definitely struggled more with Tekken despite having spent a lot more time with it in the last few years compared to MK. Obviously you're going to find MK a great deal easier. In your position I'd say trying to pick up a game like Tekken would take a great deal of time and effort to get to a stage where you're not completely bodied online but hey, isn't that every fighting game? :lol:

Now it has been a while since I've been around a competitive fighting game scene so I'm unsure about all the frames and such but I've also found the difficulty of the game at first, really depends on which character you go for. Typically Law, Jin or any of the Mishima characters are fairly simple with devastating combos which have more simple inputs as compared to say.. a Hwoarang whose frame trap game confuses me more than my opponent :lol: Tekken is a lot more high pressure with footsies and spacing, but then again, you will rarely have to worry about projectiles and don't have to worry about chip damage. Punishing is also a lot more devastating in Tekken too and whiffing a combo can be a lot more unforgivable. There's also much more emphasis on mix-ups.

But all in all there's way too much to compare the two games between. If you can pick up a fighting game and get good fairly quick, you're gonna do great, if you have no clue what you're doing you're gonna want to spend quite a long time in the training room before even hoping to jump online. In my experience, I found Tekken much more tougher and in some instances, cheaper to play online for a variety of reasons despite having played them for almost the exact same amount of time.

When is Tekken 7 going to be available for the XBOX one and the PS4?

Currently I don't believe there is a solid release date as it has only relatively, recently been released on Japanese arcades. Although it most definitely will be at some point.

Tekken is fun as hell from a non-competitive standpoint, so I don't know if that's going to serve much purpose for you [MENTION=2298]Immortal Reaver[/MENTION] haha. It's my second favourite fighting game series behind MK, the Story is great, the gameplay is superb. I recommend it definitely.

Tekken is one of those franchises where I like certain characters more than the franchise itself. So far, the only character I like in T7 is Lars, but it's not enough for me to want to buy the game. It just overall looks like the same game as its predecessors with a new gimmick and a few new characters, none of whom seems interesting to me.

Maybe I'll just wait for the next TTT game.

So far, the only character I like in T7 is Lars

disgusted-Al-Bundy.gif

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest sense.

The bulk of competitive Tekken takes form in two very important skills. Movement and character knowledge. Frame data is a must know, you give up so much free damage by not knowing what's punishable by what.

Aris is my absolute favorite streamer/Tekken player. Dude has great beginner tutorials for Tekken

Didn't look like anime until Lars and his lame ass hair came into the picture.

This is called denial.

Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi, Yoshimitsu, Kuma, Panda, Roger (and junior), Alex, Mokujin, Combot (hehehehe, cum butt), Devil, Devil Jin, Gon...

It's always been pretty anime.

Kazuya looks like Vegeta's long lost brother. LOL

That being said, Tekken has gotten weirder with each iteration.

Pretty much this.

I guess it is denial. Because I don't consider Alex or Yoshimitsu anime.
As petty as it is, it really is just Lars' hair that bothers me. I cannot stand that weeaboo ass gelled to the max trash.

Jin is pretty lame too, but I don't consider him as bad as Lars.

You know what? Let me do a complete 180.
I will subscribe to the idea that Tekken is very anime inspired. But the reason I never though to consider it that way is because my character wasn't. King is really the only character I care about in Tekken. And when I think of Tekken, I immediately think of him.