Tekken 7

The character's Namco revealed at first were kinda puzzling to me. While characters such as Nina, Jin and Yoshimitsu weren't announced as the some of the first, they revealed characters like Asuka, Lili, Leo and Feng Wei which all made it to the arcade version. I find that an odd priority.

Those character had the least amount of change aesthetically it seems. You see Jin got a new costume, and Yoshi never wears the same digs.

Love Jin's "new" costume. I say "new", because it reminds me of his T4 main, but with a cool, updated touch. Also can't wait to see how Yoshi will look like in T7. My favourite is still his T4 main as well, the skull-horn-beetle outfit. His TTT2 one was really lame, imo.

Tekken 3 Yoshi will always be my favorite.
Also the best costume in the entire series imo, was T5 King. That black robe was god damned vicious. Nothing else has even compared to it yet.

At this point, I'm only in the game for the gameplay. The aesthetics of Tekken have been going downhill since T6 for me. I don't even like the music anymore.

That was definately the coolest looking King in the series, for sure. I get it, he's a wrestler, so having a wrestler outfit makes sense, but it can get somewhat boring when the characters keep the same costumes throughout several games.

Same goes for Nina too, that skin-tight bodysuit is awesome, but let's get something new. Her T2 and T3 outfits were awesome as well.

Costume design is a huge factor. The graphical jump between these generations isn't that huge. So when you rehash the same costumes again, people are going to say that the entire game looks like it's predecessor. I've seen many people say this about both Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V. Capcom definitely screwed themselves by going with the same bulky artstyle that IV had.

Also did you hear about the Super fiasco? Hopefully we can chalk this up to early development, but as of now she has the exact same super as Xiba in Soul Calibur.

And not just that one, most of the supers just seem very underwhelming. They're mostly a string of already existing moves with a cinematic angle and some slow mo.

Yup, I commented on that on a video. It's just like Xiba's! I don't mind when a character takes inspiration from other characters, especially not when it is within the same company, like Shinnok having the three ground fireballs like Shang Tsung has. But That right there is straight up copy/pasting a move from someone else. XD

Not to mention, Josie looks like a mix of Christie and Asuka in appearance, and her moves looks like, as you said, Bruce's. So much for an "original character". XD

and Yoshimitsu .

07_yoshimitsuscreen03.jpg

Yoshimitsu's gameplay shown off in Training Mode:

... He's got a tentacle as a tail as well... I just... I can't... It just looks absolutely ridiculous. Had the tentacles not been there, the costume would actually look cool, but those tentacles just ruin it for me. Oh well, hopefully he will have a cool alt.

His gameplay looks good though. ^^

Im more curious as to why they decided to go this route for Yoshi. It just seems so random instead of cool. Also I know Ive said this once before but Hell yeah Jin!!! :D

So half of the Permanent Four have been confirmed...

Any word on Paul and Nina?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'd want to see Anna and Nina Williams return!

With how the roster seems to play out, you might only see one of them. Looks like Namco is trying to cut out some characters and replace them with others. :/

I personally favour Nina, and I'd be disappointed not to see her in the game, but if Anna turns up instead it'd be a nice consolation prize. And like I said earlier, if neither of them makes it in, they better have an awesome character to replace them.

With how the roster seems to play out, you might only see one of them. Looks like Namco is trying to cut out some characters and replace them with others. :/

I personally favour Nina, and I'd be disappointed not to see her in the game, but if Anna turns up instead it'd be a nice consolation prize. And like I said earlier, if neither of them makes it in, they better have an awesome character to replace them.
I doubt either one of them will miss this one. As previously mentioned, Nina has as much in common in terms of game appearances as Heihachi, Paul, and Yoshimitsu. Anna is one of 5 characters to only miss 1 game (the others being Kazuya Mishima, Marshall Law, Lei Wulong, and Lee Chaolan).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Namco can suck the entire dick. Really? That's what the newest model of Jack looks like? The same exact thing since Tekken 5 except, oh shit, he dyed his hair!

Still buying the game day one tho :laugh: