Top 5 Fav/Least Fav characters?

MKXGoon101

Once again, I apologize if this has been posted before.

Mine would be:

Fav:

Reptile
Stryker
Mileena
Sub Zero
Kabal

Honorable Mentions: Raiden, Noob

(Cassie and Takeda will probably be on here eventually, I just don't know enough about them yet)

Least Fav:

Kobra (joke of a character)
Darrius (also a joke of a character)
Jax (he's not bad, just never got into him)
Kintaro (just another version of Goro)
Jarek/Kai (...who again? lol)

Top 5:
Raiden
Kung lao
Liu kang
Fujin
Scorpion/sub
honorable mention: Kotal(THEGOAT) KAHN

Worst 5:
Mokap
Hsu hao
Nitara
Ferra/Torr

D'vorah - worst character ever.

Best

1 scorpion
2 sub zero
3 reptile
4 kenshi
5 baraka

Worst
1 sareena
2 mokap
3 jaquie
4 darriuss
5 skarlet

Oh well!

Favs
1. Quan chi
2. Reiko
3. Baraka
4. Sektor
5. Havik
Just misses the cut
Drahmin
Hotaru
Jax

Least
1. Mokap
2. Kobra
3. Sareena
4. Sheeva
5. Stryker

Favorite

5) Reptile. I guess. He's a childhood favorite but I haven't cared much about him since MKDA. The top four are on a whole other, much higher, tier, so you can consider the space between #5 and #4 a...

*power gap*

4) Kenshi. Never cared for him before MK9, but he became an instant favorite in that game. He's just to cool in that game. Really looking forward to him getting the main game treatment in MKX, since it means story development and alternate costumes.

3) Kabal. Liked him in MK3. Didn't much like him in MKD. Loved him in MK9. I used him before people discovered how broken he was, so I'm not being a tier whore here. I just like the whole oddball outcast, almost alien, deal he has. His MK9 outfit is one of my favorites in the whole series. Hookswords are GOAT MK weapons. Not a fan of his weird moves (gas blast and ground saw), and I feel like they should expand on his speed powers if they ever revisit him.

2) Mileena. (see below)

1) Sub-Zero. My two original favorites from when I first started playing MK. Still favorites to this day. There are more interesting characters, but it's hard to beat nostalgia and habits.

It's possible Kano, Kotal Kahn, Erron Black or Takeda become big favorites because of MKX. We'll see once the dust has settled.

Least favorite

5. Kai
4. Meat
3. Taven
2. Blaze
1. Mokap

Top 5:
Raiden
Kung lao
Liu kang
Fujin
Scorpion/sub
honorable mention: Kotal(THEGOAT) KAHN

Worst 5:
Mokap
Hsu hao
Nitara
Ferra/Torr

D'vorah - worst character ever.
What's your beef with D'vorah lol, i feel like any chance you get you use it to specificly bash on her. She's the perfect inclusion to MK.

What's your beef with D'vorah lol, i feel like any chance you get you use it to specificly bash on her. She's the perfect inclusion to MK.

I've stated this many times. She simply doesn't belong in mk imo. The bug gimmick is whack and comical to even take her serious and her presence still seems completely diametrically opposing to everyone else. Shes a joke to me. And her design, gameplay, personality and cringe worthy voice are all annoying, lackluster, and out of place. Though she would be perfect for injustice. She would be a cool villain for batman.

I've stated this many times. She simply doesn't belong in mk imo. The bug gimmick is whack and comical to even take her serious and her presence still seems completely diametrically opposing to everyone else. Shes a joke to me. And her design, gameplay, personality and cringe worthy voice are all annoying, lackluster, and out of place. Though she would be perfect for injustice. She would be a cool villain for batman.

You are SO wrong! She is perfect character for MK, specially for this MK!
It's actually funny how wrong you are.

Her design is amazing, one of the best they ever did, everything about her is non-generic, she is unique, she is different, she is fierce in this game. Where you have 3 characters that look almost the same, when it comes to design and moves, D'Vorah is like cold, fresh water on the face. And her voice acting is perfect.
But opinion is like ass, everybody has one so...

D'vorah is one of the best designs imo, i love her look, the voice , and concept.
it goes to show you cant please everyone. some people dont like the plain look of Cassie and Jacqui. D'vorah is in the complete other direction and she doesnt create any buzz or excitement. MK has a very weird fanbase.

Favorites:

1. Rain

Favorite Appearance: Mortal Kombat 9
Favorite Move: Geyser Kick

I cannot even remember why I started being a Rain fan. Perhaps it was the inner hipster in me, selecting the least favorite ninja from Mortal Kombat trilogy with my friends and completely dominating my matches (mostly due to Rain being completely and utterly broken) or because I love water elemental powers (which is scarce in MK). Anyway, my love for Rain only intensified the more he became ignored, and when he finally received a re-design in Mortal Kombat Armageddon, I was unbelievably excited (even though Armageddon was awful). In Mortal Kombat 9, I was extremely livid at his exclusion, and rioted like the embarrassing Rain fan that I am until he was finally included and mained him ever since.

2. Mileena

Favorite Appearance: Mortal Kombat X
Favorite Move: Rolling Thunder/Ball Roll

Mileena was my main in every single game she was featured in (or co-main, depending on the other characters). I began stanning Mileena when I played MK II, and, largely thanks to my age, I was unable to perform any of the special moves of any character except Mileena's. The twist at the end of her having a Tarkatan mouth upset me so much at the time, which is such a lol moment looking back. Deception is, like many Mileena fans, the first time I really took her seriously and became invested in her continuous involvement with the series (especially the story) and I'm unbelievably happy with her appearance in MK X.

3. Havik

Favorite Appearance: Mortal Kombat Deception
Favorite Move: Torso Spin

First of all, I love the idea of Chaosrealm (which needs a re-design, but the execution was bland and boring) and Havik is everything I expected from a leader of chaos: unpleasant appearance, cringe-worthy moves, and an interesting role in the storyline. Havik is extremely unique and very much appreciated by the community (and likely one of the most popular 3D era characters). Any future appearance from Havik will only make me love the character more.

4. Kenshi

Favorite Appearance: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
Favorite Move: Spirit Charge

Kenshi is easily the most popular 3D era character for a reason: extremely interesting design, fun moveset, and a fairly interesting contribution to the story. He was absolutely infuriating to play against in Mortal Kombat 9, which turned a lot of people off from his character, but I don't really care.

5. Hotaru

Favorite Appearance: Mortal Kombat Deception
Favorite Move: Lava Burst

I'm a huge fan of Orderrealm vs. Chaosrealm, and much like Havik, Hotaru is the perfect design of how I imagined the Orderrealm would be. Although his moveset needs quite a bit of work, I love his design and contribution to the story, and I cannot wait for the time when NRS re-introduces the two realms so I can see the rivalry between Havik and Hotaru continue.

Potentially could change top 10 after Mortal Kombat X: D'Vorah, Kotal Kahn, Jacqui, Kung Jin

Top 10
Spoiler:

1. Rain
2. Mileena
3. Havik
4. Kenshi
5. Hotaru
6. Tanya
7. Noob Saibot
8. Kitana
9. Shinnok
10. Cyrax

Least Favorites:

1. Blaze

Generic, boring, bland, uninspired, waste of space, wtfchoice for a final boss, and ugly as hell.

2. Mokap

Generic, boring, bland, uninspired, try-hard, pointless.

3. Hsu Hao

I can completely understand why NRS hates him.

4. Kira

I hate clone characters -- they're lazy. Kira is the combination of Sonya and Kano (who already has a number of clone characters based off of him). Her design is generic, her storyline is generic and uninspired and they have done nothing with her since Armageddon for a reason.

5. Darrius

Darrius frustrates me because they could have easily have done so much more with him, but it's clear they got lazy and decided to make him a joke. Yay!

Bottom 10
Spoiler:

1. Blaze
2. Mokap
3. Hsu Hao
4. Kira
5. Darrius
6. Chameleon
7. Kobra
8. Jarek
9. Shang Tsung
10. Khameleon

We're mentioning characters that aren't even playable in MKX, therefore this thread has been moved to the General Discussion Forum.