What happens after MKX: Mortal Kombat 11 character Wish List

[MENTION=4598]Nasty_Freak[/MENTION]

I simply do not buy the idea that Kronika will be an NPC, let alone DLC. That would be an absolutely ridiculous decision from NRS - why on earth would you hype up MK's first female boss, then have them not only unplayable, but later thrown in as DLC? It's ludicrous.

She will 100% be on the starting roster - probably unlocked after completing story mode.

[MENTION=4598]Nasty_Freak[/MENTION]

I simply do not buy the idea that Kronika will be an NPC, let alone DLC. That would be an absolutely ridiculous decision from NRS - why on earth would you hype up MK's first female boss, then have them not only unplayable, but later thrown in as DLC? It's ludicrous.

She will 100% be on the starting roster - probably unlocked after completing story mode.

It was done to Tekken Tag Tournament's Unknown though if I can remember correctly.

I bet if there's a high demand for Kronika to be playable, NRS would put her as DLC.

It was done to Tekken Tag Tournament's Unknown though if I can remember correctly.

I bet if there's a high demand for Kronika to be playable, NRS would put her as DLC.

Why would the intent ever be for her not to be playable, though? It's a moronic decision, and it's not like they can't do a Shinnok and have a weaker playable form and an OP boss form.

Why would the intent ever be for her not to be playable, though? It's a moronic decision, and it's not like they can't do a Shinnok and have a weaker playable form and an OP boss form.

Unplayable bosses/sub bosses are remembered more fondly.
Quite frankly they do lose a level of mystique when they are playable.

There's something bad ass about a boss character being so powerful that the player can't choose them because it would be ridiculous.
Having a nerfed Kronika would be lame as hell and shit she might still be OP depending on her abilities.. we still know next to nothing about her apart from the fact she might be the most OP character we've ever faced in the entire MK series.

I was hoping the same similar to Kazumi Mishima of Tekken 7.

Hopefully in the future patches Kronika will have a more powerful unplayable second form while the first form can be playable even as DLC.

diqWvfa.jpg

This is probably about the best 25 slot roster I can come up with, subjectively speaking. Originally I had Smoke on the base roster as he's probably my favourite from MK9, but I switched him out for D'Vorah (for variety, and because I wanted to bring another decent character over from MKX) and relegated him to DLC. I can see the arguments either way for this, but obviously DLC characters need to have a selling point. I've ignored guests as they don't interest me.

I brought back the most interesting characters from MKX (Takeda, Cassie, Kotal, D'Vorah, Erron) and dropped the rest. Actually Erron isn't someone I'm particularly bothered about, but I know he has a large fanbase and I don't think he's a bad character. Ditto for Takeda. I dropped the parent characters as they've had their time in the sun and I think they need a break.

Obviously I'd love to have Havik on the base roster but I don't think he'll be relevant to the story and he'd be a very easy character to market for DLC due to his unique physical properties and moveset, whereas Reiko is less interesting in that regard but still a character who could finally be given justice in MK11, and could play a role in the story with the timeline stuff. As a representative of Shao Kahn's forces I think Reiko could be interesting.

Triborg I'm unsure about and I don't really consider him canon, but an MK game needs a cyborg and I thought four is better than one. I think it makes sense to have him return, even if you pretend he doesn't really exist and isn't a part of story mode.

Thoughts?

KOMBATANTS

1. Sub-Zero
2. Scorpion
3. Jacqui Briggs
4. Cassie Cage
5. Rain
6. Noob Saibot
7. Sonya Blade
8. Kitana
9. Jade
10. Kotal Kahn
11. Kabal
12. Tanya
13. Cyrax
14. Liu Kang
15. Kung Lao
16. Geras
17. Skarlet
18. Kai
19. Raiden
20. Li Mei
21. Ashrah
22. Shang Tsung
23. Erron Black
24. Fujin
25. Shao Kahn

This is my current dream roster ignoring the potential leak

KOMBATANTS

1. Sub-Zero
2. Scorpion
3. Jacqui Briggs
4. Cassie Cage
5. Rain
6. Noob Saibot
7. Sonya Blade
8. Kitana
9. Jade
10. Kotal Kahn
11. Kabal
12. Tanya
13. Cyrax
14. Liu Kang
15. Kung Lao
16. Geras
17. Skarlet
18. Kai
19. Raiden
20. Li Mei
21. Ashrah
22. Shang Tsung
23. Erron Black
24. Fujin
25. Shao Kahn

This is my current dream roster ignoring the potential leak
Replace Kai with Zebron and we're good.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm certain Shao Kahn is not part of the 25. I went back and re-watched some of MKX's Kombat Kasts and Goro’s 25th slot on the character select screen wasn’t added until Ermac’s reveal. Earlier versions only had 24 slots.