What happens after MKX: Mortal Kombat 11 character Wish List

I'm just hoping for more post mk3 characters. The ones they have brought back I think they've done a good job. Who can really say they think Reptile was better portrayed/done better than Shinnok or Tanya?

Give a chance to characters like Hotaru, Havik, Reiko, Drahmin, Ashrah, or Mavado. Please stop giving us the same Reptile in everygame (punching bag) same with all the punching bag characters every game, just replace them with new faces.

Reptile keeps coming back because he is Box Office. The only reason he's a "punching bag" is because of general favoritism towards the Good Guys in Stpry Mode (plus the fact that playable characters in MK Story Modes are almost exclusively the Good Guys).

The Post-Trilogy characters can replace characters such as D'Vorah, Ferra Torr, or even the damn Guest Characters. NEVER at the expense of characters fans pay $60 a pop to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Kill Jacqui for eternity.
Retire Johnny, Sonya and Jax.
Keep Cassie.

There's none from the first MK game I would miss.
Only about 4 I would want to return from MK2. Kitana, Mileena, Jade and Smoke. Maybe Noob. Maybe Baraka. But I wouldn't miss those two if they didn't return.

Shang Tsung is passé.

How about turning Cassie and Jacqui evil instead of eliminating Johnny, Sonya, and Jax?

How about letting Johnny, Sonya and Jax be cameos for the next game, freeing up 3 slots in the process, and keeping the characters that just debuted in MKX?
Eliminating Ferra / Torr and D'Vorah or any other MKX debut character after just 1 game is the same as never ever having brought back Quan Chi after MK4.

How about giving these new characters a chance and not stomping out the fire after 1 just game?

How about letting Johnny, Sonya and Jax be cameos for the next game, freeing up 3 slots in the process, and keeping the characters that just debuted in MKX?
Eliminating Ferra / Torr and D'Vorah or any other MKX debut character after just 1 game is the same as never ever having brought back Quan Chi after MK4.

How about giving these new characters a chance and not stomping out the fire after 1 just game?
I'll give new characters a "chance to shine" when they actually EARN it by starting at the bottom and working their way up.

Ferra/Torr figuratively are already at the bottom. Lose both times they show up in story(maybe more,) and be nothing more than henchman, with no story or plot of their own.

Can't get any lower than that without killing them first appearance

I'll give new characters a "chance to shine" when they actually EARN it by starting at the bottom and working their way up.

They won't be able to earn that chance or "work their way up" if people just write them off and shit on them upon their first debut, though.

Using my previous example:
Quan Chi didn't really earn his spot in MK4 alone, it took him being fleshed out in Deadly Alliance and being considered as force to be reckoned with for people to finally take him seriously and establish his position.

That's my point.

They won't be able to earn that chance or "work their way up" if people just write them off and shit on them upon their first debut, though.

Using my previous example:
Quan Chi didn't really earn his spot in MK4 alone, it took him being fleshed out in Deadly Alliance and being considered as force to be reckoned with for people to finally take him seriously and establish his position.

That's my point.
There are more fans who pay to see the classic characters than there are that pay to see Rookies and Sophomores. That's a fact.

There are more fans who pay to see the classic characters than there are that pay to see Rookies and Sophomores. That's a fact.

Yes, but if you just put all of the same repeated characters, game after game, you end up with another half-assed Armageddon.
That's also fact.

These are character names I added on another thread but I am inputting a few details about each of my new characters.
( New Characters )

1. Dalilah : Cousin of Nightwolf she has magical powers.
2. Duraka : Cousin of Baraka that has ice, fire. and acid blades.
3. Travesty : Sonya's brother and Cassie's Uncle he becomes a maniacal monster after being corrupted.
4. Lirac : Sareena's sister that has powers like she does.
5. Hinsu : Trained by Shujinko and he can bend time and space.
6. Kalla : Sindel and Shao Kahn's creation. She has powers of both of them.
7. Pinatra : The daughter of Onaga and Tanya and has the powers and elements of both of them.
8. Ulrich : A former second in command guard to Shao Kahn with shield and sword powers.
9. Fahar : He is a kombat engineer that has flamethrowers, freeze guns, grenades, rifle and machine guns.
10. Ophelia : A former dominate witch and now sorceress with multiple witch and sorceress like abilities.
11. Terrance Gunn : A Friend of Sareena's that was freed by her. He has a magic necklace that gives him his powers.
12. Paula Powers : A security guard with a black belt in Karate. She was forced to fight in Mortal Kombat.
13. Hariku : Protege to Bo Rai Cho then turned evil he has abilities of both Liu Kang and Bo Rai Cho.
14. Malek : Brother of Cyrax he has the abilities of his brother but humanized versions of them. He searches for him.
15. Charisma : She is trying to free her parents souls from Chaos Realm and her fighting styles are like Li Mei and Kitana.
16. Slax : Half Oni and Half vampiric creature with metal legs from the chaos realm with abilities like Moloch and Nitara.
17. Vizot : A monster who fights for Fujin. He has sharp fangs and a poisonous spike on his forehead. He fights like a monster.
18. Helix : The mechanical cyborg from the comics. He fights like a cyborg with energy blades having different properties with them.
19. Noob-Rain : The kamidogu morphed Rain and Noob-Saibots body together and formed a giant creature with their abilities.
20. Freema : She is a goddess with all types of god like powers.
21. Tarvo : He was Trained by Kano but has the abilities of a ninja and a cowboy. He is a ninja cowboy.
22. Gyo : A warrior soul freed by King Jerrod from inside of Ermac with mystical powers far more greater than Ermac.
23. Zatar : A wanderer trained by Kotal Kahn. He searches to free D'vorah and Kotal Kahn from their imprisonment.
24. Lemma : She is a changeling creature she has rat like abilities with crocodile scales on her body.
25. Lucious : He is a kickboxer and a sparring partner to Li Mei and trained by Bo Rai Cho. He is far more skilled than Li Mei.
26. Natalia : She was cursed with poisonous thorns on her body. She has poisonous and stun attacks.
27. Xavier : Son of Kano and Tasia and brother to Kira. He has Hsu Hao's chest beam with missiles and Shurikens strapped to his back.
29. Vacilos : He is part alligator, part toad and part snake. He has venom like Reptile has and he is also from the Kuatan Jungle.
30. Yuan : Trained by Kai and has abilities like his teacher.
31. Himika : Trained by Lei Mei fights for Fujin. Also a former student of Shujinko that was imprisoned and freed by Fujin.
32. Colonol Flagg : The one that we only hear in storymode but playable. He has abilities like Styker and Sonya.
33. Carter Swift : He is a marine that is called on to fight. He has all kinds of weapons to defend himself in battle.
34. Norah : Clone of Jade with a disfigured face she has reptiles tongue and poisonous lips when kissed. She has elecricity too.
35.Olopsus : A creature created by Shang Tsung that has Crab hands and a scorpions stinger and pulls Exoskeletons from his body.

Last edited:

There are more people who are willing to pay for guest characters over veterans. That's a fact. Should the game just become guest character? No obviously not that would be stupid. Just like how the roster shouldn't just be mostly "classic characters"

There are more people who are willing to pay for guest characters over veterans. That's a fact. Should the game just become guest character? No obviously not that would be stupid. Just like how the roster shouldn't just be mostly "classic characters"
Fans of Guest Characters are not true fans. Guest Characters are literally Illegal Immigrants anyway. The roster should be either All Native or nothing at all. I still stand by my stance that Seniority has its privileges though.

Oh wait, let me push my anti-Guest rhetoric even further; games that contain even a single out-of-universe Guest Character, even if it's just DLC or platform exclusive, should not even count as being canon.

Oh wait, let me push my anti-Guest rhetoric even further; games that contain even a single out-of-universe Guest Character, even if it's just DLC or platform exclusive, should not even count as being canon.

Thankfully, then, MK9 and MKX ARE canon.
While I don't really care for guests either, the old MK timeline badly needed a reboot as Midway had written themselves into a corner, and it got the much deserved reboot that it needed with MK9. ;)

Thankfully, then, MK9 and MKX ARE canon.
While I don't really care for guests either, the old MK timeline badly needed a reboot as Midway had written themselves into a corner, and it got the much deserved reboot that it needed with MK9. ;)
MK9 and MKX still have non-canon Basura in their rosters.

MK9 and MKX still have non-canon Basura in their rosters.

What's non-canon about the MK9 main roster is limited to Kratos, as Rain, Skarlet and Kenshi were either confirmed canon for the MKX comics or for the MKX game.
MKX confirms MK9's story being canon.
If you don't like that, then that's on you.
The fact remains that MK9 is canon.

As for MKX, ALL of the characters on the main roster are canon.
The 3 default skins for Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao may be non-canon, but the characters themselves are 100% canon.

As a rule of thumb, DLC should be considered non-canon, unless otherwise told so either in the canon game or comics.
Guests will always be non-canon, as they will never have a part in a game's actual story.
Triborg also falls into the category of non-canon (IMO), given that cyber Smoke is non-canon in this new timeline.
Again, though, unless specified otherwise (Tanya, Tremor, Bo' Rai Cho), DLC should always be taken with a non-canon grain of salt.

What's non-canon about the MK9 main roster is limited to Kratos, as Rain, Skarlet and Kenshi were either confirmed canon for the MKX comics or for the MKX game.
MKX confirms MK9's story being canon.
If you don't like that, then that's on you.
The fact remains that MK9 is canon.

As for MKX, ALL of the characters on the main roster are canon.
The 3 default skins for Kitana, Liu Kang and Kung Lao may be non-canon, but the characters themselves are 100% canon.

As a rule of thumb, DLC should be considered non-canon, unless otherwise told so either in the canon game or comics.
Guests will always be non-canon, as they will never have a part in a game's actual story.
Triborg also falls into the category of non-canon (IMO), given that cyber Smoke is non-canon in this new timeline.
Again, though, unless specified otherwise (Tanya, Tremor, Bo' Rai Cho), DLC should always be taken with a non-canon grain of salt.

What if I told you that a single guest character, even as DLC, makes the entire product non-canon on the account of being a Counterfeit?

Last edited:
What if I told ypu that a single guest character, even as DLC, makes the entire product non-canon on the account of being a Counterfeit?

What if I told you that none of those theories of yours pan out, as Boon and Vogel both deem MK9 and MKX canon? :)

Despite me agreeing with you on the fact that I believe that no guest should be on the main roster, having 1 on the main roster does not negate the entire canon as MK9, the MKX comics and MKX have all proven.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Boon and Vogel also consider Shaolin Monks to be canon? That alone should mean their word alone isn't good enough.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Boon and Vogel also consider Shaolin Monks to be canon? That alone should mean their word alone isn't good enough.

So, if the co-creator and head writer / lead story writer of all the MK games consider something to be canon and that is not to be believed as canon, then what CAN be believed as canon?
Certainly not anyone else's words.

Sorry, but if Boon and Vogel say that something in the MK universe is canon, then it's canon.
Otherwise, it's just you coming up with "what if" theories.