What happens after MKX: Mortal Kombat 11 character Wish List

Well Jade has her fair share of fans, I think she could return as DLC but maybe not on the main roster. She always felt like a filler character to me since her role in MK9 can be easily be cut out and nothing would change. Same with her role in Deception since her role was originally written for Kitana in MKD but was changed on the last minute since Midway wanted to bring back old fan favorites.

Actually, that was Mileena, not Jade. Hence why Kitana is seen wearing Mileena's main outfit, but blue and without a mask, in some endings:

sindel-d-end3.jpg

ermac-d-end2.jpg

She doesn't need to. Kitana has a variation of her.

Kitana with some of Jade's special moves is NOT the same as having Jade as a playable character.

I haven't played MKX yet but I would like to see MK11 to have a roster around 27 or 28 characters. Deception type of roster with a lot of fan favorites returning and still giving us new characters would be nice.

My WIP list:

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Liu Kang
5. Cassie Cage
6. Kung Jin
7. Takeda Takahashi
8. Jacqui Briggs
9. Kotal Khan
10. D'Vorah
11. Erron Black
12. Kitana
13. Reptile
14. Noob Saibot
15. Kenshi
16. Cyrax
17. Fujin
18. Shang Tsung
19. Baraka
20. Kabal
21. Smoke
22. Havik
23. New
24. New
25. New
26. New
27. New
28. New

DLC:

Klassic character
Klassic character
Guest character
Guest character

Well, I'll give it a shot based on characters I like or think have promise:

1) Scorpion
2) Subbie (we know these two are going to be in every edition)
3) Cassie Cage
4) Jacqui
5) Takeda
6) Kung Jin
7) Kotal Kahn
8 ) D'vorah
9) Erron Black
10) Mileena
11) Kitana
12) Cyber-dude (with Sektor, Cyrax and some other variation)
13) Rain
14) Tremor
15) Fujin
16) Kabal
17) Havik
18 ) Li Mei
19) Raiden
20) Noob
21) Bo Rai Cho (sans his childish stuff)
22) Havik
23-28 ) New characters, preferably a few more females

Guest characters:

1) Ash Williams
2) Spawn

And bring back a few classics for DLC.

here who most likely going to be in the rest is anybody guess

1.lu
2.kitana
3.dark raiden
4.kotal
5cassie
6.takeda
7.jacqui
8.kung jin
9.kung lao
10ermac
11.reptile
12.scorpion
13.sub zero
14.erron
15.ferra/torr?
16.d'vorah
17 tanya
18.rain
19.fujin

Spoiler:
Raiden: Who are you?
Raiden: I am Raiden, protector of the Chaos Realm
Raiden: The tides of time have changed.

We just may be dealing with alternate universes in MK11, I feel it in my bones.

Well, now that i've played the history mode and watched most endings i could really make my list:

1. Sub-Zero
2. Scorpion
3. Rain
4. Smoke
5. Kotal Kahn
6. Fujin
7. Kitana
8. Liu Kang
9. D'Vorah
10. Nitara
11. Jade
12. Cassie Cage
13. Kung Jin
14. Jacqui Briggs
15. Shang Tsung
16. Havik
17. Cyrax
18. Reiko
19. Sindel
20. Kabal
21. Bo Rai'Cho
22, 23, 24, 25 - new characters

Last edited:
Tanya and Kira back, Nice.
Kung Jin's death, Nice.
That's about all I see that I'd like.

EDIT:
Didn't see you asked about my wishlist. Oops.

Well, my ideal roster for MK11 would be as follows:

1- Tanya

2- Sonya

3- Kira

4- Ashrah

5- Hotaru

6- Fujin

7- Kai

8- Nitara

9- Rain

10- Raiden

11- Cassie Cage

12- Jacqui Briggs

13- Sindel

14- Kitana

15- Mileena

16- Jade

17- Li Mei

18- Scorpion

19- Sub Zero

20- Kai

21- Kotal Kahn

22- Dairou

23- Darrius

24- Khameleon

25- Baraka

26- [New MALE Character]

27- [New MALE Character]

28- [New FEMALE Character]

29- [New MALE Character]

30- [New FEMALE Character]

DLC:

31-Liu Kang [PRE-ORDER BONUS]

32-Nariko [Guest Character: HEAVENLY SWORD Franchise]

33- Havik

34- Smoke

35- Goro

36- Frost

Last edited:
After MKX I think Sonya, Johnny, Jax, and Kano can be retired. Kenshi too, in my opinion, but we know Ed Boon adores him so I bet he stays in -- I'm leaving him out in this list anyway. Shinnok and Quan Chi will most likely take a breather after MKX, but I think Mileena will be back without a break. While I expect more 3D characters to appear, I think most of them are going to be forgotten entirely. I sincerely doubt we're going to see most of the Deception or Armageddon cast again, for instance.

Here's what I'd like to see that actually feels realistic to me (rather than just being my fantasy).

Returning from MKX:

1. Cassie Cage
2. Kung Jin
3. Jacqui Briggs
4. Takeda Takahashi
5. Scorpion
6. Sub-Zero
7. Kitana
8. Liu Kang
9. Raiden
10. Ermac
11. Reptile
12. D'Vorah
13. Kotal Kahn
14. Mileena
15. Tanya
16. Goro
17. Kung Lao
18. Erron Black

Returning from previous MK games:

19. Fujin
20. Li Mei
21. Rain
22. Frost
23. Shang Tsung (his influence is all over the endings in MKX)

Then 3 or 4 new characters:

24. Newbie
25. Newbie
26. Newbie
27. Newbie

DLC Kombat Pack:

28. Sareena
29. Cyrax
30. Guest Character
31. Guest Character

Later DLC:

32. Sindel
33. Reiko

Last edited:
Personally, I think having a story similar to Injustice would actually be pretty cool for MK11, especially now since MK is now technically a multiverse.

Lets say the heroes, and some of the villains, from the original timeline get zapped away by some mysterious force during the peak of the invasion in MK3 and the heroes suddenly find themselves in a desolate, war torn Earthrealm city...5 years after the events of MKX.

Spoiler:
Just imagine it-
-Liu Kang and Kitana going to war with their evil Netherrealm counterparts.
-Kung Jin finally getting to kick some @$$ alongside his cousin Kung Lao.
-Young Sonya learning that she had a daughter with that movie actor that keeps hitting on her.
-Johnny Cage learning that he died like a little B**** in another universe, and having his ego deflated as a result.
-Scorpion and Hanzo Hasashi finally duke it out, so now that Hanzo can truly say that he's conquered Scorpion.
-Young Jax smoking cigars with Old Jax.
- Raiden sharing tea with his dark, corrupted, angry, future self while discussing quantum physics.
-Shao Kahn making Kotal Kahn lick his boots
-Sektor learning about his inglorious fate at the hands of Sub Zero as he cries tears of oil.

Man o man, that would be one hell of a story mode and it would justify making some characters young again, some characters having both "Normal" and "Evil Undead" skins, the inclusion of Cyrax and Sektor (both currently high in demand), and the return of Shao Kahn... who got vaporized, soul and all, by the Elder Gods in MK9, but his return has been hinted at via an achievement you receive after completing story mode ("There's only one true Emperor").

what do you guys think? Good idea?

WOULD NOT BUY IT!!!!

WORST IDEA EVER.

I really mean no disrespect and you're probably a swell guy, but you can't be more than 12. This alternate universes thing is soooooooo stupid and done so many times in the Marvel and DC universes. There is no physics theory supporting such a GIGANTIC STUPIDITY like parallel universes with different representations of ourselves.

I would like this.

Boss

Onaga

Sub-Boss

Skeleton Warlord Dude (New!) - From Deception/Unchained Concept Art, leads Onaga's armies.

Playable

Belokk (Technically New!)
Cassie Cage
D'Vorah
Ermac
Erron Black
Female Chaos Warrior (New!)
Frost
Fujin
Havik
Hotaru
Jacqueline Briggs
Kano
Kano's Son (New!)
Kotal Khan
Kitana
Kung Jin
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Li Mei
Noob
(Dark) Raiden
Rain
Sareena
Scorpion
Shang Tsung
Smoke
Sub-Zero
Takashi Takeda
Tanya
Tremor

A cool 30 to round out.

Not many New! because of many coming in from MKX and 3D era and we already established a Generation shift with many New! in MKX. Many dead don't return due to rezzers all being gone and the Vets are retired and regulated as NPCs.

Guest would naturally be in DLC as well as returning characters.

Last edited:
What I'm hoping and expecting the MKXI main playable roster to be:

Bo' Rai Cho
Cassie Cage
D'Vorah
Ermac
Erron Black
Ferra/Torr
Frost
Fujin
Jacqui Briggs
Kitana
Kotal Kahn
Kung Jin
Li Mei
Liu Kang
Raiden
Rain
Reptile
Sareena
Scorpion
Skarlet
Smoke (cyber)
Sub-Zero
Takeda
Tanya
Tremor

Exactly 25 characters. Klassic. PS2. New. I honestly doubt, after thinking about it, MKXI will introduce any brand new guys again.

Cameos: Ashrah, Blaze, Cyrax, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Khameleon, Kung Lao, Mavado, Nitara, Shang Tsung, Shinnok, Sonya, Quan Chi.

As for boss candidates... Raiden/Daegon/Havik/Onaga/Shujinko/Jerrod.

Probably not going to happen, but I think this roster would be pretty decent and realistic.

Last edited:
It will depend how long after MKX it will happen.

If it's right after, I see no reason for a different roster, but that wouldn't be exactly good.

I would guess that we may see Cassie, Jacqui, Kung Jin and Takeda older.

Despite Sonya being awesome on this game, if MK11 is set some years after, depending on how long, they (she, Johnny...) may be retired.

Anyway, we must know on what terms the Mortal Kombat Tournament is right now. Probably the Reiko Accords gave a suspension to it, or even an end, since it's a non aggression pact, but Kotal said "screw the accords" and Raiden said "I will crush everybody who threats Earthrrealm", so I don't know if we will have to wait so long to have the first clash.

MKX is half way from the new tournament, but I doubt Raiden will agree with the transgression of the Reiko Accords.

Even though many people want, and we have the chance, to avoid this Outworld/Earthrrealm center of power, this is a matter that shall be resolved before venturing on other realms. Unless they do not discuss it, for no reason at all.

I'd want a new female character who's like a dominatrix working for the black dragon. Maybe a revamped Kira? Nah. I want a whole new female character who's of Filipino descent. I don't want a name being ripped off from famous people from the Philippines also.

Way I see it, MKXI shouldn't have a huge time skip again. At most it should be a few years after MKX and deal with Onaga. Not to mention that it would be Cassie's time to shine without Johnny or Sonya taking up the spotlight as well.

I'd want a new female character who's like a dominatrix working for the black dragon. Maybe a revamped Kira? Nah. I want a whole new female character who's of Filipino descent. I don't want a name being ripped off from famous people from the Philippines also.

Why does she need to be Filipino? Does race really matter?

Guys do you think that Mk should try a shot with the animated area again like a 18+ Mortal Kombat animated series