PC Version / General Discussion Thread

I wish the tournament scene was on PC, id love to play it on my PC, you can still play on your couch through your TV if you play it on PC (its actually pretty badass). I might buy it on Steam eventually, just because.

Mods, mods, mods... (*in order of priority):

1. All three character variations in one
2. "NPC" characters unlocked for play
3. Balance tweaks (damage output, health, meter gain)
4. Breakers to require only one (33%) bar of meter
5. Character size scaling (Goro bigger, some females smaller)...

Snap to it, modders extraordinaire!

Ugh

Someone help me find a decent gaming pad that will work on PC..

I had a Hori ex2 but the cord broke...

dont get an xbox controller they truly suck for fighting games
the d-pad is not accurate at all, youll be jumping when you press back and dropping combos coz they suck

get a PS2 controller with a usb adaptor

they are 100% accurate and the shoulder buttons dont have huge deep triggers like modern controllers do for first person shooter games, so you can hit that block button a lot faster

the d-pad is not accurate at all, youll be jumping when you press back and dropping combos coz they suck

get a PS2 controller with a usb adaptor

they are 100% accurate and the shoulder buttons dont have huge deep triggers like modern controllers do for first person shooter games, so you can hit that block button a lot faster

That is good advice,

I switched over to a PS2 controller for good after my first tournament. For a PS3 or PS4 controller you can use a third party software like the DS4 tool or buy a adapter like ControllerMAX cronusMAX. A good PS2 usb adapter is dirt cheap, and official brand new Sony PS2 controllers while not cheap, are still cheaper then Dual Shock 4's. Make sure you buy a official Sony PS2 controller.

I apply PS2 controllers like I apply keyboards for gaming. Mechanical keyboards, which are now becoming more mainstream for "gaming keyboards". So you haft to do some research, I am typing on a Coolermaster mechanical keyboard. I prefer blue switches personally.

So I have been thinking, No, I had a dream, A dream that I can play Mortal Kombat X on PC, and still go to tournaments. A dream that my PS4 will only be used as another station for offline casuals I host. I had a dream. That Consoles and PC's were NOT created equally, Yes I had a dream.

And it kicks ass, Angry Joe, someone if you call yourself a gamer should be subscribed to. Had a little interview with a guy named Ed Boon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cApRYXF8bzc

Assured us, that the PC version is going to kick ass, in other words.

So if you are on PC add my ass on steam, AdrenalineX. I will start adding up every single person that has their steam name visible in this thread, lets do the damn thing.

Last edited:

Tried Injustice and MK9 with Xbox 360 controller never had a problem with this.

Mods, mods, mods... (*in order of priority):

1. All three character variations in one
2. "NPC" characters unlocked for play
3. Balance tweaks (damage output, health, meter gain)
4. Breakers to require only one (33%) bar of meter
5. Character size scaling (Goro bigger, some females smaller)...

Snap to it, modders extraordinaire!

Bleh; no thanks.

I actually plan to play the game competitively in my area, I don't need Mods making things different.

I'll probably just get Skin Mods and that's it.

Tried Injustice and MK9 with Xbox 360 controller never had a problem with this.

"tried"
just trying the game out is one thing.

but when it comes to serious advanced technical playing nobody is going to settle with an xbox controller.

"tried"

but when it comes to serious advanced technical playing nobody is going to settle with an xbox controller.

Nobody settled with Freddy Krueger until someone did, either....

"tried"

Played other games with it, it's very nice to me. No problems at all.

Is the Xbox One controller any better? I don't really care about technical gameplay....whatever that means.

technical advanced gameplay includes doing complex combos so 100% accuracy is important
so an accurate d-pad is essential.

xbox one controller has the same problem as xbox controller with its badly designed D-Pad
a lot of the time youll find you character jumps when you just want to move left or right.
its just annoying and frustrating imo
even just playing around in the training room it can be a nightmare

Playstation controllers are the best controllers for fighting games hands down

like saibot MK said. you can get a ps2 controller with a usb adapter and just plug it in like a keyboard and it will work fine withoutneeding to install extra software and shit.
it will just works

technical advanced gameplay includes doing complex combos so 100% accuracy is important
so an accurate d-pad is essential.

xbox one controller has the same problem as xbox controller with its badly designed D-Pad
a lot of the time youll find you character jumps when you just want to move left or right.
its just annoying and frustrating imo
even just playing around in the training room it can be a nightmare

Playstation controllers are the best controllers for fighting games hands down

like saibot MK said. you can get a ps2 controller with a usb adapter and just plug it in like a keyboard and it will work fine withoutneeding to install extra software and shit.
it will just works

As someone who played MK9 religiously when it came out, I can guarantee you that there is no jumping unless you A) Have giant ass hands, or B) have no control over your fingers.