PC Version / General Discussion Thread

There is literally no way for the game to have those recommended requirements in practice, unless it's a horrifically badly optimized port. Especially that CPU requirement. No freakin' way.

I have a i5-2500k, 8 gigs of Corsair Vengeance RAM, and a GTX 670, and I'm sure it's gonna run silky smooth at maximum settings @ 60 fps. The MK9 port HVS put out was fantastically well optimized, and I could barely feel it on my system.

That sort of game requiring THAT CPU for recommended is simply unrealistic.

I agree, and I hope it is, but to be fair he's hardly going to say otherwise is he?

'Well, it will probably work, but that's the best I can really say of it. I suggest you buy the console version.'

I think if the PC version really sucked he wouldn't reply so optimistically and be more like "Yeah. It's good" instead. I think he knows they owe PC players a finally good experience and I'm certain this time they did their best to deliver. MKX on PC is much bigger than MK9 was.

[MENTION=5787]ionicle[/MENTION]: Let's wait and see. I wouldn't rule it out yet completely. Maybe the PC version really is a lot more superior.

I'm still not sure what to get.. it's such an hard choice... I still don't have a ps4 so either I buy one just for MKx or I try to play it on my crap pc and I know nothing about pc I'm such a crap person :gr_jest:... choices... choices.

I'm still not sure what to get.. it's such an hard choice... I still don't have a ps4 so either I buy one just for MKx or I try to play it on my crap pc and I know nothing about pc I'm such a crap person :gr_jest:... choices... choices.

you can get bloodborne as well if you get a ps4 for mkx, the port doesnt look like is gonna run bad though

I just got an e-mail from GMG with a 25% off voucher code, and it is usable on MKX.

The normal version is £35, so that should come to about £27. Definitely not a bad price if you haven't pre-ordered yet.

id like to know...
any UK (United Kingdom) players here'?

i had mk9 on pc and could never find UK players,
however this had a lot to do with the pc version coming out way later than consoles

although the pc version is region locked im hoping
to find plenty UK players since it will likely be better connection

add your steam to the list

--------------------------------------------------

MKX United kingdom players list

steam@cjrocky
----------------------------------------------------

you can get bloodborne as well if you get a ps4 for mkx, the port doesnt look like is gonna run bad though

I could get a lot of things with a ps4 *dreams about better days* but money's a little tight.. might have to wait... Don't think I can wait for MK tough, I'm too much in love with it *stare at PC version* ummm.

I could get a lot of things with a ps4 *dreams about better days* but money's a little tight.. might have to wait... Don't think I can wait for MK tough, I'm too much in love with it *stare at PC version* ummm.

what are your specs?

what are your specs?

Good enough, cept for my video card T.T I feel buried so deep into Sh!t *stare at half empty wallet* but I'll find something, I'll sell my dog if I have to! No, no I love her too much.

Last edited:
Good enough, cept for my video card T.T I feel buried so deep into Sh!t *stare at half empty wallet* but I'll find something, I'll sell my dog if I have to! No, no I love her too much.

Hopefully you may run it, the game doesnt look like is gonna need a moster PC, judging by the Mk9 port that ran well on almost everything, in that case, get the PC version

does anyone know how to capture mortal kombat game footage on pc?

when the game comes out i wouldnt mind recording some combos and fights to put on youtube and s share on here.

i have microsoft expression screen capture software but it wouldnt record MK9
i was left with just a blank screen. but it recorded all other stuff like videos and emulated games fine just not MK for some reason :/

anyone know what to use to record mk gameplay successfully?

does anyone know how to capture mortal kombat game footage on pc?

when the game comes out i wouldnt mind recording some combos and fights to put on youtube and s share on here.

i have microsoft expression screen capture software but it wouldnt record MK9
i was left with just a blank screen. but it recorded all other stuff like videos and emulated games fine just not MK for some reason :/

anyone know what to use to record mk gameplay successfully?

Fraps should work but im not sure yet since the game is not out, ill be using that to record some pc footage myself and ill notify if there is any trouble, also nvidia shadow play may do the trick just fine, if you are on nvidia cards

Fraps should work but im not sure yet since the game is not out, ill be using that to record some pc footage myself and ill notify if there is any trouble, also nvidia shadow play may do the trick just fine, if you are on nvidia cards

thank you!!

i have a Nvidia GTX650. im going to get the shadowplay thing and see if that works :)
thanks