PC Version / General Discussion Thread

I don't get why you guys are so worried about PC specs. It's a fighting game with a pretty restricted camera movement. No fancy lensflare SSS graphics too.

I don't get why you guys are so worried about PC specs. It's a fighting game with a pretty restricted camera movement. No fancy lensflare SSS graphics too.

Yep thinking the same. I don't think MKX will be some beast game. If they are going for kompetitive scene, then they will have to avoid making over the top PC requirements.Not to mention this game still uses Unreal Engine 3 (even if it is upgraded).

This is true, but you never know. It can be crap of a port and then what??
You know what i mean? I know it's 2.5D, UE3 game but still... i have some doubts and "fears". lol

The benefit of owning a console, there's no need to worry about specs. Just pop the game in and there we go. Though I do recognize the benefits of having a PC, if it is good enough to run the game.

This is true, but you never know. It can be crap of a port and then what??
You know what i mean? I know it's 2.5D, UE3 game but still... i have some doubts and "fears". lol

Well yeah of course, if it's a crappy port then performance will suck. But your PC specs will have nothing to do with it. Have you played Aliens: Colonial Marines? I did, and A LOT. UE3 game, no fancy graphics. Though because of its crap optimization, and the fact that it looks like it was programmed by a bunch of monkeys...I had stutters, freezing, and FPS drops. During my "career" in that game (around 640 hours of pure multiplayer in just a few months), I had three different GFX cards. None of them made ANY difference. Fun fact, it was also region locked P2P multiplayer game like MK9/MKX will be. I'll tell you right now it wasn't a good experience.

By the way I see you guys mention UE3 as if it's some kind of an outdated engine. It's not. MKX looks good for a fighting game. If you really want to see UE3 being pushed to its limits, check out Killing Floor 2. It's bloody amazing, and that game is when you should be asking "can my rig run this???".
I'd say if your PC isn't a toaster inside a wooden frame, you should be good with MKX. The guys doing the port will need to take care of the rest.

I have doubts about MKX too. That's why I didn't pre-order it. Going to wait first to see how it plays out.

Last edited:
The benefit of owning a console, there's no need to worry about specs. Just pop the game in and there we go. Though I do recognize the benefits of having a PC, if it is good enough to run the game.

Well yeah of course, if it's a crappy port then performance will suck. But your PC specs will have nothing to do with it. Have you played Aliens: Colonial Marines? I did, and A LOT. UE3 game, no fancy graphics. Though because of its crap optimization, and the fact that it looks like it was programmed by a bunch of monkeys...I had stutters, freezing, and FPS drops. During my "career" in that game (around 640 hours of pure multiplayer in just a few months), I had three different GFX cards. None of them made ANY difference. Fun fact, it was also region locked P2P multiplayer game like MK9/MKX will be. I'll tell you right now it wasn't a good experience.

By the way I see you guys mention UE3 as if it's some kind of an outdated engine. It's not. MKX looks good for a fighting game. If you really want to see UE3 being pushed to its limits, check out Killing Floor 2. It's bloody amazing, and that game is when you should be asking "can my rig run this???".
I'd say if your PC isn't a toaster inside a wooden frame, you should be good with MKX. The guys doing the port will need to take care of the rest.

I have doubts about MKX too. That's why I didn't pre-order it. Going to wait first to see how it plays out.

Yeah i guess i'm lucky to have good GPU and CPU, i had around 100fps playing Aliens: CM on Ultra.

meh that game was stuttering for everyone, especially in multiplayer. i guess bad programming, poor optimization and p2p ruined it.
i had a gigabyte 7950 3gb installed and it made no difference compared with 4000 series. like wtf. in fact bf4 was running smoother.

Yeah i guess i'm lucky to have good GPU and CPU, i had around 100fps playing Aliens: CM on Ultra.

Ouch you bought that too? I always put my status as offline when playing because I'm so embarrassed.

I'm getting the PC version no doubt. I built a gaming PC a while back that I run through to a 55 inch flat screen. It's basically my media/gaming console that I can ALSO process word documents on. I aint even mad. I will be using Rock Candy wired 360 controllers.

canIrunit.com says I'm slightly above the recommended system specs. Though I'm right at recommended specs for the CPU. I'm hoping my 7970 will have zero problems. I'm thinking it wont as the game recommends a GPU with 2 gig of VRAM. My card has 3.

OK found requirements for PC. Jeez. MKX would easily go on my 6 year old pc with such requirements.

The bare minimum required to run Mortal Kombat X is:

Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | AMD Radeon HD 5850
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
The recommended PC specs for Mortal Kombat X are:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 40 GB available space

dus anyone know how long preordering lasts?

i want to pre order on steam to get goro but wont have the money till only a few days before release

Im not worried about PC specs at all. It is just the never ending lust to upgrade....upgrade....upgrade.....!!!! haha. I am one of those suckers that has to have top of line hardware at all times. I feel like my pc is out dated now. With X99 and Z97's and TITAN X's and 980 KINGPINS and AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife hates me

God it was such a relief to hear Ed say that the pc version is awesome! And as good as the console versions they made.
I agree, and I hope it is, but to be fair he's hardly going to say otherwise is he?

'Well, it will probably work, but that's the best I can really say of it. I suggest you buy the console version.'