All things Tanya! - Official Diskussion Thread

Tanyas Husband

TANYA
tanyate.jpeg

Original Timeline Bio:
"Tanya is a slender, gloomy woman from Edenia. Originally introduced as relatively innocent, she quickly turned out to be corrupted by evil, as evidenced in her adherence to the worshiping of Shinnok which also made her an ally to Shinnok's dangerous, religious cult known as the Brotherhood of Shadow, and her later service to both the Deadly Alliance and Onaga. She seems to view herself as more of a survivor rather than anything else, justifying her choices as being the "right decisions". Tanya is one of the few female henchmen from the Mortal Kombat series, and prides herself on her superior knowledge of magic and diplomacy. Because of her frequent betrayal of the Edenian cause, she has earned the rivalry and bitter hatred of Jade."

Alternate Timeline Bio:
"Like Kitana and Rain, Tanya is an Edenian, a native of a realm konquered by Shao Kahn and merged with Outworld millennia ago. The Edenians have been fighting for independence ever since. Though she's a skilled kombatant, Tanya prefers more subtle means of achieving her goals. More recently she and Rain have allied with the ousted former Outworld empress, Mileena. Tanya and Rain will help Mileena regain her throne in exchange for the creation of a new Edenia. What will become of Tanya's relationship with Mileena thereafter, none can say..."

Game Appearances:
Mortal Kombat 4
Mortal Kombat Gold
Mortal Kombat Deception
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Mortal Kombat 2011 (Cameo)
Mortal Kombat X

Tanya Costumes:
Mortal Kombat 4 (Original)
Mortal Kombat 4 (Alternate)
Mortal Kombat Deception (1)
Mortal Kombat Deception (2)
Mortal Kombat X (Brightened for more detail)

UPDATE:
Revamped MKX Tanya

Attachments

• OSODOTAI.jpg
    OSODOTAI.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Re: Tanya's Design Compared to Older Designs.

In my opinion, her original MK4 look was the best. The problem with the MKX version right now is that it looks like it took all of two hours to create. Her hair is garbage and way too similar to Mileena's. She looks white (for whatever reason) and that puts some people off because in the previous games, she's been an ebony chick. She had rich brown skin back then and all of the sudden, she doesn't anymore. I don't know what the deal with that is but I'm hoping that her model just isn't finished yet.

In my opinion, her original MK4 look was the best. The problem with the MKX version right now is that it looks like it took all of two hours to create. Her hair is garbage and way too similar to Mileena's. She looks white (for whatever reason) and that puts some people off because in the previous games, she's been an ebony chick. She had rich brown skin back then and all of the sudden, she doesn't anymore. I don't know what the deal with that is but I'm hoping that her model just isn't finished yet.

I know she is supposed to be black, but I don't believe her model is exactly finished yet. It looks like it has way further to go.
The people on the Kast said that so far Jason, (The FIRST DLC Character) is so underdeveloped that he's not even able to be tested in-game yet. I'm sure Tanya is the same way.
I agree that her MK4 look was the best. MKX is my second favorite design she has, in my opinion so far. Hoping that she'll be fitted up a lot more stylish than she is now though. It looks like they sort of took Mileenas MKGold costume, added extra fabric, and recolored it to put it on her from a distance. Though she's not even set out to be released for a number of months. I'm not worried about it. I'm sure her skin and costume will look a lot better than the teaser we have.

Her deception (1) is absolutely perfect and my favourite. She looks so badass. I'm not gonna lie, I am a bit hesitant of how she will look ingame for MK X. Part of me feels like the trailer model is just a placeholder, but then again why would they create such a great buzz trailer only for her not to look anything like that?

I love Tanya's MKD love the best. She looks like Naomi Campbell.

She looks very Egyptian now. I like. Just work on the face and hair.

Part of me feels like the trailer model is just a placeholder, but then again why would they create such a great buzz trailer only for her not to look anything like that?

Well Tremor looks good as well but his arms are very LQ. I'd say 'Don't trust anything until it's released.'

She looks very Egyptian now. I like. Just work on the face and hair.

I noticed this above all. When I saw her walk in, I thought they had guest character cleopatra or something.
Though I think the hair and new design is still quite sexy. It's looking like it'll be the most skin she's ever shown.

I love Tanya's MKD love the best. She looks like Naomi Campbell.

Ah. I can see it more on her MKD alternate.

Until they're finished with her design for MKX, it's hard to say. Right now, her primary for Deception is her best. I do like that they're trying something different for her, though.

Until they're finished with her design for MKX, it's hard to say. Right now, her primary for Deception is her best. I do like that they're trying something different for her, though.

Same. I really was thinking they'd do the same route as usual.
Tanyas MKD alternate is actually just an updated version of her MK4 costume, but with 2 extra pieces of cloth.
I'm surprised they're pretty much ditching the black and yellow for more of a purple and yellow, though. Not sure how to feel about that.

Deception no. 1 kicks ass. I REEAALLY hope they'll improve her look in MKX and then we'll see.

MKD costume 1 was perfect. MKX she looks like a generic NPC so ️I hope they change that

Gonna copy/paste my response to this from the other Tanya thread:

I honestly did not expect her to look the way she does in the Kombat Pack trailer, but I don't hate it. My favourite is indeed her MKD costume, I think it is so stylish and a unique take on the "Edenian leotard" look.

Her MKX look with the top, those gloves with the bangles, the necklace and the hint of a sarong (the cloth she has hanging from her hip) gives her a very Egyptian/Persian look, and I think it looks good on her. It's different, yes, and for that sole reason there are people who won't like it.

But I am kinda glad NRS took that step. Like the MK ninja palette-swap characters, I like for them to step away from that palette-swap look as far as possible - which Ermac has fully succeeded in doing - and in the same way did I want Tanya to step away from the female MK ninja look, because she was NEVER a "ninja" character. But people easily waved her off as a "Kitana clone" just because Kitana was planned to be in MK4 at first, but then the MK team decided they would rather have a new female character, and instead of starting from scratch, they used what they had for Kitana and changed that to become Tanya.

If that was enough to be a Kitana clone, ALL the female characters in MK9 are Kitana clones as they shared the same body model. Hell, most of the male characters shared the same body model as well. Come to think of it, that's a common thing throughout the entire series, even the trilogy games as some of the same actors played several of the characters. So with that fact in mind, I don't find it fair to call Tanya a Kitana clone for that reason.

But now Tanya has stepped completely away from that by not wearing a leotard. And I rather like that. I will reserve my final judgement about Tanya's looks for when we have seen her full and final model. But from what we've seen, I like it.

As for her white eyes, I actually didn't mind those. The white eyes makes the characters look otherworldly, and if Tanya is indeed becoming a female sorceress character, I could accept that as a reason for her getting white eyes. I don't mind either way though, I draw her with purple eyes (as a hint to her purple flames), but whatever they decide for her eye-colour to be will be alright for me. I would just prefer if they didn't become brown, as I find that very common and, literally, generic (as most in the world have brown eyes).

I honestly did not expect her to look the way she does in the Kombat Pack trailer, but I don't hate it. My favourite is indeed her MKD costume, I think it is so stylish and a unique take on the "Edenian leotard" look.

Her MKX look with the top, those gloves with the bangles, the necklace and the hint of a sarong (the cloth she has hanging from her hip) gives her a very Egyptian/Persian look, and I think it looks good on her. It's different, yes, and for that sole reason there are people who won't like it.

But I am kinda glad NRS took that step. Like the MK ninja palette-swap characters, I like for them to step away from that palette-swap look as far as possible - which Ermac has fully succeeded in doing - and in the same way did I want Tanya to step away from the female MK ninja look, because she was NEVER a "ninja" character. But people easily waved her off as a "Kitana clone" just because Kitana was planned to be in MK4 at first, but then the MK team decided they would rather have a new female character, and instead of starting from scratch, they used what they had for Kitana and changed that to become Tanya.

If that was enough to be a Kitana clone, ALL the female characters in MK9 are Kitana clones as they shared the same body model. Hell, most of the male characters shared the same body model as well. Come to think of it, that's a common thing throughout the entire series, even the trilogy games as some of the same actors played several of the characters. So with that fact in mind, I don't find it fair to call Tanya a Kitana clone for that reason.

But now Tanya has stepped completely away from that by not wearing a leotard. And I rather like that. I will reserve my final judgement about Tanya's looks for when we have seen her full and final model. But from what we've seen, I like it.

As for her white eyes, I actually didn't mind those. The white eyes makes the characters look otherworldly, and if Tanya is indeed becoming a female sorceress character, I could accept that as a reason for her getting white eyes. I don't mind either way though, I draw her with purple eyes (as a hint to her purple flames), but whatever they decide for her eye-colour to be will be alright for me. I would just prefer if they didn't become brown, as I find that very common and, literally, generic (as most in the world have brown eyes).

Yes, I love how they added a new feel to her.
I'm a bit bugged about how they turned her from Yellow/Black to Yellow/Purple, but I think this is a good step into pointing out that they're bringing us back to our original Tanya. The black magic tanya, not fire.
They're going with a look that really was surprising to me. I was worried they'd pull a MKA on her (Giving her an outfit that is exactly the same but altered slightly) and just give her the original MKA outfit.
I'm still excited to see how she looks on her lower body as well, since we don't know about that yet. I'm sure she'll wear her classic sash from her alt in MK4 and MKD but purple and yellow, and then some long boots.
I feel like we'll be getting a harley quinn tease from her in this game.
The egyptian feel is definitely a good step. She's on her way to being a completely unique female character, and that's something I'm mostly happy about.
Hopefully, if all goes the way it's going, She won't be a scorpion/quan chi/shinnok mixture, and she'll actually be herself. The purple really makes me view her a bit different.
There are a seriously large number of possibilities for her this time around.

Wasn't saying I wanted that. Just saying that I expected it.
I doubt DLC characters will have alternates unless they came in costume packs.
Feels like the closest we'll get to an alternate for her is the slight variation differences.

Wasn't saying I wanted that. Just saying that I expected it.
I doubt DLC characters will have alternates unless they came in costume packs.
Feels like the closest we'll get to an alternate for her is the slight variation differences.

Oh, okay. I'd like it though. Give her the MKD alt hairstyle, the long braid, and an updated version of the MKD look, and I'd be happy with an alt like that. ^^

Oh, okay. I'd like it though. Give her the MKD alt hairstyle, the long braid, and an updated version of the MKD look, and I'd be happy with an alt like that. ^^

I'd more prefer her short braid from MK4.
I think this surpassed every design she's ever had, outfit and hairstyle wise.

I'd more prefer her short braid from MK4.
I think this surpassed every design she's ever had, outfit and hairstyle wise.

I just like long braids, one of the reasons why I love Cammy's design from Street Fighter. :3
But I guess Sonya has that hairstyle now, the singular long braid, so yeah, maybe something else for Tanya.

I personally find her Deception main her best look. It's the most regal and elegant. Something about that with the yellow and the collar and the deep eyeshadow makes the nefariousness of her ego really reflect in her outfit. Though, I ultimately don't care as long as she's in. I like that the two DLC characters from the older games are very deep cuts, and there more for the fans. Casual observers have no idea who these two characters are. But yeah, I hope her alt is something a bit more dressy.