Tanya's Gameplay speculation thread - Special Moves and Variations

I hate both :proud:

That being said, they could impress me with the Tonfa blades. I just felt like it was clunky and boring in the 3D games (but a lot was in those games). MKX seems to constantly improve a lot and make them look fresh, so I wouldn't hate the idea of a Tonfa blade variation, as it'll still be something original for her.

Also, my favorite thing about your proposed moveset, theincubuslord, is the Eldritch Orbs. Yes, it's very SF, but I like it for Tanya a lot.

(but a lot was in those games)

When I read you saying it was clunky, this was exactly what sprung to mind. xD
And yes, the Eldritch Orbs are inspired from Rose of SSF4. Seeing as I'd like for Tanya to be a sorceress kind of character, I thought it would be an idea to take inspiration from other characters who are also like that. However, it's also somewhat like a special move Black Adam has in Injustice where he summons electric orbs around him.

I feel exactly opposite. XD
I hated that boomerang. As RaiNaz said, Jade (and now Kitana) and Kung Jin already have a weapon like that, and in my opinion the Razor-Rang and the Chakram are alot cooler than a normal boomerang.
As for the Tonfa Blades (or Elbow Blades as some call them), I've always loved that weapon and it's one of the things I loved the most about Tanya in MKD.

The tonfas are deadly but I think at least using the boomerang once would be a nice nod back to the old days when Tanya had a girls face.

The weapons didn't really suit Tanya's character; she only used them because it was a requirement for every character to have a weapon stance.

Well, seeing the story and what they did with her this time around, I expect nothing more than generic fire moves at this point.
They removed the purple from her design, so I assume they dropped the idea of purple fireballs like the original Tanya had.

@Tanyas Husband
how close are you to getting ur PS4 or xbox?
will you have it by the time Tanya is released?

Gonna get a PS4, but no, I think it'll be sometime after Tanya is released.
I'm gonna try to sell enough stuff to get a PS4 since my job hunt is going downhill badly.
So I'm hoping to sell my 'Classic Gamer Bundle' for $390 by the end of May.
Either way, I'm hosting a tournament in Late september/Early October, so I will need one by then.

it seems the ps4 version is the more popular one, as well tournament standard if you were to become competitive in mkx

Well I've always been team playstation so I wouldn't even think of getting an XBOne.

Exact same with me. People keep telling me to get an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Eff that. I'm trying to have mine for May. I was trying to sell my PS3 but it's only 80GB so i'm not gonna get much for it anyway :/
However, i'm definitely sticking with the idea of changing to PS4 because of MK X

there seems to be some debate on which has the better netcode.
also if u are interested in street fighter 5, it'll be a ps4 exclusive

there seems to be some debate on which has the better netcode.
also if u are interested in street fighter 5, it'll be a ps4 exclusive

Exact same with me. People keep telling me to get an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Eff that. I'm trying to have mine for May. I was trying to sell my PS3 but it's only 80GB so i'm not gonna get much for it anyway :/
However, i'm definitely sticking with the idea of changing to PS4 because of MK X

I've been a PlayStation guy since December 25th, 1996.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I've been one since 1997..because that's when I was born and I was forced to play MK4 and Crash Bandicoot before I was 1.
I eventually became pretty obsessed with PS1 and got PS2. then MKD and MKDA. Then PS3. So on.
My girlfriend broke my PS3 in december. I can easily get a new PS3 right now but I'd much rather save up to get a PS4 and get with the times. Lol.

I've been one since 1997..because that's when I was born and I was forced to play MK4 and Crash Bandicoot before I was 1.
I eventually became pretty obsessed with PS1 and got PS2. then MKD and MKDA. Then PS3. So on.
My girlfriend broke my PS3 in december. I can easily get a new PS3 right now but I'd much rather save up to get a PS4 and get with the times. Lol.

I'd say sell your girlfriend for a PS4 because she broke your PS3. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life :p

I'd say sell your girlfriend for a PS4 because she broke your PS3. Nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life :p

the ps3 was just part of the end of the argument. she threw it against my wall. HDD broke and the fan broke.
She ended up moving out courtesy of me. havent seen or heard from her since then. hope i dont hear from her again anyway.

I hope the Kobu Jutsu, or whatever they're called, is her main weapon. Boomerang seems more like a projectile than a true weapon. I want her to have a weapon she can incorporate into her basic moves like Jade, Mileena, and Kitana do.

I seen her use them in story mode but they weren't in-game (yet)