Sorcery Material

Tanyas Husband

(First of all, how can Shinnok not have one thread?)

I wonder how exactly they're gonna make Shinnok differ from Quan Chi.
Usually they could make them pretty different, but in MK4 Shinnok was basically another mimic character, and in MKA, Shinnok and Quan Chi were very similiar in terms of Special Moves and attacks.
I'm excited to see how they're going to use Shinnok this time.
It'll be interesting to have 2 sorcerers in-game again. Just hoping that they don't go crazy with the portals on both characters.
What do you guys think of having both Quan Chi and Shinnok on the roster? Do you think they'll go back to the MK4 roots and actually make them opposite types of sorcery, or do you think they'll basically just copy-paste quan chi and add a few extra skeleton moves?
Would be nice to hear other peoples opinions on having both sorcerers on the roster.

Sorcery could be just a part of Shinnok's skills. He is an Elder God:bird:. I accept Shinnok was a stupid character to be a boss in MK4 but i am sure NRS will give amazing moveset to him for MKX.

Shinnok will be the shit in MKX. So much potential, and all of his costumes look incredible. God, can you even imagine how sick his skeletal hand fatalities will look in this game? :D

I think his variations will be something like Imposter, Tricker, Elder God... hope so, anyway. :)

Either way, unless NRS somehow majestically f--k him up beyond all imagination, he'll be one of my two or three mains.

Last time I checked, Mk9 had both Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.

Okay, your point?
Shang Tsung and Quan Chi had completely different movesets and special moves whilst Shinnok and Quan Chi always shared the same type of sorcery. The same.

Shinnok will be the shit in MKX. So much potential, and all of his costumes look incredible. God, can you even imagine how sick his skeletal hand fatalities will look in this game? :D

I think his variations will be something like Imposter, Tricker, Elder God... hope so, anyway. :)

Either way, unless NRS somehow majestically f--k him up beyond all imagination, he'll be one of my two or three mains.

His variations, wow, that'll be something to look forward to.
He'll definitely be my main, roster wise.

I'm really excited about Shinnok actually, pretty sure I won't be disappointed based on what we've seen so far. The only way NRS could ruin him would be by leaving out his 'hands from hell.' I'm hoping that one of his variations are focussed on them, because those moves would really help to convey his godly power. Imagine these massive spectral hands sweeping the stage or crushing your opponent from the sky etc. It would seem as though the Shinnok's humanoid form is just a shadow of his true self; a gargantuan force flattening his enemies like ants :p

I'm really excited about Shinnok actually, pretty sure I won't be disappointed based on what we've seen so far. The only way NRS could ruin him would be by leaving out his 'hands from hell.' I'm hoping that one of his variations are focussed on them, because those moves would really help to convey his godly power. Imagine these massive spectral hands sweeping the stage or crushing your opponent from the sky etc. It would seem as though the Shinnok's humanoid form is just a shadow of his true self; a gargantuan force flattening his enemies like ants :p

I'm honestly mostly looking forward to the skeletal hands being used in the recent engine.
I want to see a remaster of his MK4 fatalities. (The only game he ever had his own fatalities)
I'm so sure that they'll do what they did to Johnny Cage, Jax, (etc.) for his first/second MKX Fatality. Mix his 2 MK4 fatalities into one. I can see them Squeezing a kombatants head off and then smashing the torso. Very possible.
So many questions to how he can be made better from MKA.