Story Mode = One fight fixes everything?

Never played Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

*cough* *choke* *sputter*

You, sir, have missed out on some astounding games, the least accomplishment of which is to have redeemed the existence of QTEs. I urge you to rectify this situation posthaste, forthwith!

Never played Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

You_get_the_hell_out_first_oc-33051.gif

You, sir, have missed out on some astounding games, the least accomplishment of which is to have redeemed the existence of QTEs. I urge you to rectify this situation posthaste, forthwith!

Neither of those games are interesting.

There'll definitely be more skimming than we would ideally like, but I think that given how little attention Scorpion received in MK9, his development will get much higher priority this time around. Something like what [MENTION=6443]Ermac210[/MENTION] suggested seems likely.

Wall of speculation INC:

1. We can basically rule out Kenshi's chapter coming after Johnny Cage's, because NRS logic dictates that Kenshi and Scorpion must fight for Scorpion to redeem himself, and Johnny Cage already beat Scorpion up. It's not at all like NRS to repeat enemies that quickly.

2. Does Kenshi even get a chapter at all? Weeks ago, I speculated that Kenshi would get the first chapter in the game, based on his involvement with SF and his future history with Scorpion, but now that we know he doesn't get the first or second, I have to wonder if he gets one at all. Let's say there are 12 like in Injustice, I think Johnny Cage, Raiden, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kotal Kahn, Cassie, Takeda, Jacqui, Kung Jin, Erron Black, and Kano are all more likely than Kenshi to receive one. That brings us to 11 right there. MK9 and Injustice had a repeat chapter, so let's say Kotal Kahn gets two. That's 12 chapters. Done and done.

3. Scorpion having at least one chapter is guaranteed, and he would make a great transitional character to help NRS travel through time. We've already been introduced to him in chapter 1, then imagine he gets chapter 2: he can still fight Kenshi (and someone else) during the NRW, then at the 15 year mark we can see him spar with Takeda, and then in the present he can fight Raiden after Raiden comes to recruit Takeda for a mission with the Special Forces.

Food for thought, I guess.

Well, we don't know the number of chapters. Could be 16 like MK9. Remember, MKvsDCU also had 15 chapters total.

About the characters getting chapters, I agree with all of them except for Kano and Erron Black. I do hope they give us a villain chapter (besides Kotal), but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, if anyone's getting repeat chapters, I doubt it's Kotal. I'd say it's either Sub-Zero or Scorpion.

When you say QTE in Mass Effect and Dragon Age, do you mean when having to choose a conversation point? Because those aren't QTE's.

Well, we don't know the number of chapters. Could be 16 like MK9. Remember, MKvsDCU also had 15 chapters total.

As we can see from the difference between MK9 and Injustice, quality storytelling eats up time. Injustice had more set-up for fights, and fewer filler fights as a result, but that also meant less chapters. I don't think they'll be going back to the MK9 way of doing things now that they've done Injustice and come closer to perfecting their storytelling. If anything, I'd expect MKX to be even more cinematic. And we know the game isn't much (any?) longer than Injustice. The only way it has more fights, IMO, is if some chapters only get 3 instead of 4.

About the characters getting chapters, I agree with all of them except for Kano and Erron Black. I do hope they give us a villain chapter (besides Kotal), but I'm not holding my breath.

Looking at Injustice, we got a chance to play as Joker, Lex Luthor, and Deathstroke. This actually translates perfectly into MKX - Kano is an out-and-out psychopath like Joker, Kotal Kahn is someone you'd expect to be a villain, but isn't, like alternate Lex Luthor, and Erron Black is a bad-ass mercenary who fights for the good guys... just like alternate Deathstroke.

Apart from that, Erron feels like the sort of new character NRS would want to show off with a chapter. And Kano... I find it absurd that he's the only legit Black Dragon character in the game to begin with, but if he's not even playable in a chapter, then there are literally going to be 5 guys who join Black Dragon on the game's release. There's no way. There's just no way.

I'm putting my foot down, NRS. I ain't playing around.

Also, if anyone's getting repeat chapters, I doubt it's Kotal. I'd say it's either Sub-Zero or Scorpion.

In order of likelihood, IMO: Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage. Nobody else has a chance.

What? Dragon Age isn't amazing. Even Final Fantasy is far more amazing.

First of all, no. (coming from someone who beat FF5/7/8/9/10)

Second of all, you live in a post-Dragon Age: Inquisition world. DA:I is like ten times better than DA1 and DA2 combined.

Anyway, Mass Effect is higher priority. I'm glad you recognize that. :-D

When you say QTE in Mass Effect and Dragon Age, do you mean when having to choose a conversation point? Because those aren't QTE's.

No, I mean Paragon and Renegade interrupts. Which work pretty much exactly how MKX QTEs work, from what we've seen.

Seeing the new ratio of cutscenes to gameplay and the amount of ground that was covered in the first chapter alone, I'm expecting about 12 chapters, 14 max.

Characters most likely to get a chapter: Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kenshi, Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, Kung Jin, Erron Black, Kotal Kahn

Last edited: