Predator confirmed

One DLC character a month? That's what they did in MK9.
But not in Injustice.

This is the DLC release schedule for the two NRS games with DLC:
MK9 released April 19. DLC: June 21, July 5, July 19, August 9
Injustice released April 16. DLC: May 7, May 21, June 11, July 2, July 30, August 13
MKX will release on April 14.

It stands to reason that there will be something similar for MKX. NRS seems to drop DLC support for their games in August. They have to stop at some point to fully focus on their next title. Remember, they have a two-year dev cycle, so not a lot of time for their next game.

Since they revealed Jason so early, I fully expect to see him 2-3 weeks after MKX is out. I doubt we're gonna wait for DLC as long as we did with MK9, because DLC is far more important to WB and NRS this time around.

Jason in early May. Mark my words.

They gonna drag that shit out over 5 freaking months?!

Of course. Keeps interest in the game for an extended period of time. Honestly, I think MK should look more towards what Killer Instinct is doing. It's brilliant.

They just release "seasons" that involve new characters, stages, modes and story chapters over time.

Leonardo, Rapheal, Donatello, or Michelangelo would be pretty boss, especially if they went back to the gory roots of the series.

SHREDDER IN MK NAO!!!!

Shredder_by_Mystic_Forces.jpg
We already had Shredder in MK.

sub-zero-vs-naruto-151.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

smash bros have 3 outsiders. Sonic, PACMAN and MEGAMAN... and feels cool.

Yeah but I don't see MKX having three guest even though I still want Spawn in MKX. I think most people feel like that MKX may over do it on the guest if they do three.

Of course. Keeps interest in the game for an extended period of time. Honestly, I think MK should look more towards what Killer Instinct is doing. It's brilliant.

They just release "seasons" that involve new characters, stages, modes and story chapters over time.

My question is (because I haven't played the new KI) was the game empty feeling before the add ons?

Yeah but I don't see MKX having three guest even though I still want Spawn in MKX. I think most people feel like that MKX may over do it on the guest if they do three.

Yes. Predator, Jason, Spawn (in that order) were the guest characters i wanted. 2/3 so far! I wouldn't mind 2 kombat passes with 2 guest and 2 klassics in each

I never played it, either. But from what I can see... Yes. It was empty. But it's a great concept. It just needs to be built upon.

Agreed. Its not a bad idea.

Packs adding, not just characters, but stages, modes, fatalities, skins etc would obviously make the game greater if it was a full game to begin with.
But if MKX is built to last and hopefully has more to add on to what it already has, I'd have no problem buying stage packs and things like that over time.

I didn't mention this before, but I can't emphasize how happy I was to see that this thread was created by [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION]. When I opened TRMK on my phone and saw this thread title, my immediate thought was 'oh look, another idiot who doesn't know what confirmed means', but then I saw who the thread creator was, and all was right in the world.

Predators actually have dozens of weapons. So, i am not sure NRS can include all of these weapons. In my opinion, there are some weapons and devices that should be included.

1.combi stick
2. wrist blade
3. plasma caster (extended version: blazer)
4. shuriken ( extended version: smart disc)
5. netgun ( extended version: laser net)
6. cloak device
7. throwing mines (several types)

-optionally
Burner(flame thrower)
Whip
Medical complex

-Unnecessary(?)
Scimitars (longer single arm blades)
Gauntlet plasma caster
Self destruct device
Spear gun
Maul
Plasma pistol

I didn't mention this before, but I can't emphasize how happy I was to see that this thread was created by [MENTION=18507]Harpoon[/MENTION]. When I opened TRMK on my phone and saw this thread title, my immediate thought was 'oh look, another idiot who doesn't know what confirmed means', but then I saw who the thread creator was, and all was right in the world.

Ditto. Minus the Harpoon part. I just thought it was going to be another post based on some vague tweet about nothing. It was a great feeling to see what was inside.

Haha, thanks, man. Yeah, it's always pleasant to have a case of actual confirmation like this. I really do wish we got confirmation on the other two characters, though!

The Predator doesn't speak, but I hope that doesn't mean the MK characters won't speak to it in the intro dialogues. Here are some cool potential lines.

Predator's intro is him walking into frame with Dillon's head on a spear.

Predator: *shriek*
Johnny Cage: Dillon! You son of a bitch!
Predator: *laugh*

Cassie: You're one ugly motherf***er.

Erron Black: If it bleeds, I can kill it.

Jax: Get to the choppa!