Takahashi, not Takashi.

theincubuslord

Just informing that Takeda's last name is Takahashi. Shaun Himmerick confirmed that it was an error on their behalf that he was called Takashi on the casting call sheet. ^^ Someone posted the tweet in the MKX Media thread, I believe.

Okay....gif

Not if you're the only one bothered by it lol.

I'll admit though that I get bugged by mispronunciations some times. Like how how Ed Boon, co-creator of Mortal Kombat, always says Sektor's name wrong.

I'm not bothered by it though. It's like those who won't bother to learn how to pronounce a name or word right, or those who write in what I call lol-speak, such as "u" instead of "you" and "gr8" instead of "great", not to mention those who can't differentiate between "your" and "you're", etc. Also those who write other MK character names wrong, such as Lui and Katana and Millenna... They all belong in the same box.

One thing is not knowing the correct way - well, they didn't know any better, but they can learn - another is to refuse to learn to do it the correct way. That kind of stupid is just laughable. And if people deliberately wants to state Takeda's name wrong, even when knowing otherwise, I'm not going to bother with people like that. They're simply not worth the attention, and they're definately not worth getting bothered about.

No, I just wanted to inform the mods, since they wrote "Takashi" and not "Takahashi", which as far as I know is his correct name, since Shaun Himmerick confirmed it is indeed "Takahashi". ^^

This NRS' fault if they want their character to be called Takahashi they shouldn't allow their voice actors (like Sub's) to say Takashi, because that's what he says.

But I'm bothered by them saying Tae-kee-duh or Tah-kay-dah when it's Tah-Keh-Dah. It is not that hard...

You guys need to see the bigger picture and [MENTION=18014]theincubuslord[/MENTION] was correct in making this thread.

It is kind of a big deal because in a world where many cultures and religions are going to buy this game, you'd expect NRS to get stuff like that right, to avoid offending a certain audience.

Japanese people are very proud people and unfortunately their culture and history is very misunderstood by the Western World. The movie, the Last Samurai was probably one of the most accurate depictions of Japanese culture, but there was criticism for a few things from Japan.

So yeah, saying it's not a big deal is kind of ignorant. I'm willing to bet that since Sub-Zero said his name "Takahashi Takeda", most of you thought his first name was "Takahashi".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

So yeah, saying it's not a big deal is kind of ignorant. I'm willing to bet that since Sub-Zero said his name "Takahashi Takeda", most of you thought his first name was "Takahashi".

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Well, most of the people did, I do know japanese people say their surname first and then their given name, however when I stated this some users told me that I was wrong...

I still hear Sub saying "Takashi" the "ha" is non-existant in his flawed pronunciation.

Well, most of the people did, I do know japanese people say their surname first and then their given name, however when I stated this some users told me that I was wrong...

I still hear Sub saying "Takashi" the "ha" is non-existant in his flawed pronunciation.

In the story trailer?

I can very clearly hear him say "Takahashi".

He says it quick but its very clear thats what he says.