Rumor: Kitana dies again in story mode.

Nathan is using my avatar (not that I really care). Demetrius is using an avatar similar to one I had two avatars ago.

I'll change it in a sec.

You're the Erron Black we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So you'll change your avatar. Because you can take it.

My hero. :-D

Deaths if I were to write the story...
Kano- Killed by Sonya and Johnny Cage
Sonya- Dies from injuries during the fight against Kano.
Sindel- Once purified she gets killed by Quan Chi for good and gives Kitana the title "Queen of Edenia". Edenia would be restored by the end of the game.
Mileena- Killed by Kitana.
Kotal Kahn- Killed by Mileena.
Quan Chi- Killed by Sub-Zero and Scorpion
Shinnok- Killed by Cassie, Jacqui, Takeda, and Kung Jin
Raiden- Killed by Shinnok

Highly doubt kotal will die since he's a newcomer and well liked from everything I've seen. Also, I think mileena in terms of design is a fan favorite so I doubt they'd kill her also. I think most villians are safe because if they kill villians then they have to create new ones. I feel like Johnny and Sonya may die. But I think shinnok will survive honestly and quan chi I doubt will. He's a great character but he's running the end of his course

Come to think about it, I wouldn't put it past NRS to just have Kitana killed again in story mode. MK vs DC aside, she hasn't had a happy ending in any of the canonical games since MK Gold.

tumblr_nlc9y39geI1tlb56zo1_500.gif

ahahahaha oh god my sides

why is it a bad idea for a character to die?? didn't mk9 teach you anything?? literally anyone (besides a few) can reappear in the next game 4-8 years later.

ahahahaha oh god my sides

why is it a bad idea for a character to die?? didn't mk9 teach you anything?? literally anyone (besides a few) can reappear in the next game 4-8 years later.

It's a terrible idea because it lessens the impact of deaths, and it means that 20 minutes of the next game's 2 hour plot have to be spent explaining the resurrections. It's a waste of time.

terrible or not, it's been in mk since...forever.
"nobody dies in (im)mortal kombat" or however that line went

Lol, the guy already revealed it's a joke.

"sorry dudes, I got bored last night so I decided to troll for the fun of it. BTW, I am sure Kitana will be just fine by the end of MKX.."

Edit: Woops, beat me to it! :p

terrible or not, it's been in mk since...forever.
"nobody dies in (im)mortal kombat" or however that line went

You asked "why is it a bad idea?" I provided an answer. That's all there is to it. :)

I hope that NRS has learned from their mistakes with MK9.

...again. :)

I'm not arguing the veracity of this claim, anyway. I just stated that if it WERE to happen, I would like her to stay dead and gone.
Then how would you address another wave of Ed Boon retweeting a shitload of tweets begging for her to come back, just like we got this time around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Though the OP was trolling, I'd still like to make the point that I don't see a reason for Kitana to die again. She's come back to life for a reason, whether it is because of fan-response or story purpose is irrelevant. Killing her off again would just piss off her fans and it would make NRS look like they don't know what they're doing with her character.

Then how would you address another wave of Ed Boon retweeting a shitload of tweets begging for her to come back, just like we got this time around?

I wouldn't. I'd dismiss them because I don't take everything Boon says and does as a confirmation for something...

I wouldn't. I'd dismiss them because I don't take everything Boon says and does as a confirmation for something...
You are well aware that popular demand was a factor in Kitana coming back in MKX, right? Ed Boon's own Twitter account from June to January proves this without a shadow of a doubt. And there were PLENTY of people who dismissed those same retweets during that span, too, and guess who proved to be right in the end?

You are well aware that popular demand was a factor in Kitana coming back in MKX, right? Ed Boon's own Twitter account from June to January proves this without a shadow of a doubt. And there were PLENTY of people who dismissed those same retweets during that span, too, and guess who proved to be right in the end?

Doubt it. The roster would be looking much more different if NRS actually succumbed to popular demand.

Doubt it. The roster would be looking much more different if NRS actually succumbed to popular demand.
Then explain to me how it's any coincidence that Kitana's reveal came in the aftermath of half a year's worth of Kitana requests being retweeted by Ed Boon...

All I have to say is, coincidence my ass.