Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Costume Gallery & Unlock Guide

Defender of EarthRealm
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Re: All alternate costumes revealed thus far

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    Does anyone know if we're likely to get alt. costumes for both the young and old versions of the original characters?
    No, I think it's more like one costume is the young and then the alt is the old, or vice versa.

Tarkatan Warrior
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_55 View Post
    Granted that it was used in her MMA match, I really love Cassie's alternate because it reminds me of a civilian outfit. Like, I would wear something like that around the house, and now we have an outfit like that which is being used in a Mortal Kombat game.

I think her alternate is my favorite one so far... well, second favorite. Gotta love the man beard Sub-Zero has.
    I completely agree. I really dig these costumes where the fighters are more realistically dressed but dressed down. I get a real down and dirty vibe with Cassie's MMA outfit. Like... that is exactly what I would expect a young y female fighter would wear to a deathmatch. It kinda has a real MK1 vibe to it. Like how the costumes in the first game were not so outrageous but still kinda cool looking enough most of them were wearing cotton clothing. I'm thinking Game of Death and shit like that.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mandead View Post
    Does anyone know if we're likely to get alt. costumes for both the young and old versions of the original characters?
    As @theincubuslord said: the young and old versions are the main/alt costumes.

I personally believe the older versions are the primary costumes, though, since they'll be featured a lot more prominently in the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm excited for most of these alts. This game so far is really delivering!

Edit: Thank you for compiling this list. Awesome job

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Looks like Raiden, Goro and the new characters are the only characters that don't have more than two costumes. So most having 3+ is a very nice surprise. That's a lot better than MK9, in which only the ninjas/femninjas/roboninjas had more than 2 outfits.

Also, damn, I am incredibly surprised that Jax got so much love here. NRS loves dressing him up, don't they?

I'll update the pics later.

Hollywood Superstar NathanCorsini's Avatar
    PSN
    NathanCorsini
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Cool to know Sonya is getting a klassic costume! Hoping for MK3 or MK4! Those were her best designs!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NathanCorsini For This Useful Post:

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Here are the alternate costumes I want for Tanya...

MK Deception Primary, MK4, and a very revealing outfit similar to Mileena's third outfit from MK9 but consists of gold!!!

You'll believe God is a woman.

Emperor of Outworld Immortal Reaver's Avatar
    Xbox Live
    SSyrax
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

@Lord Greyjoy

It IS known which one of Reptile's costumes is his primary. It's his bone armor one. When they revealed the concept drawing for his alternate, they said that it was his alternate.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Huge update to the OP. Added Jacqui, updated all the pics to clear confusion up, added some tidbits like the current count, more links, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Reaver View Post
    @Lord Greyjoy

It IS known which one of Reptile's costumes is his primary. It's his bone armor one. When they revealed the concept drawing for his alternate, they said that it was his alternate.
    See, during the Ermac stream they said we've seen some character's alts already. And during that same stream, Reptile's portrait on the select screen was of his other costume (which at the time had not been shown). Since MK select screen portraits (including those in this game) typically show the primary costume, a lot of people assumed that the Reptile we've been seeing is actually the alt. They changed the portrait in later streams since they seemed to have realized people caught onto it.

I may be wrong, but there's too much oddness regarding this matter for me to be able to make a confident call either way.

For what it's worth, we haven't seen bone armor Reptile in the MKX comic, but we've seen the green armor Reptile far more and the comic tends to show primary costumes for MKX characters (Mileena, Johnny, Sonya, Kotal...).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Greyjoy For This Useful Post:

p.W

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I'm loving that kold war Scorpion!, looking like a helghast solider.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greyjoy View Post
    Looks like Raiden, Goro and the new characters are the only characters that don't have more than two costumes.
    Yet. It's not out of the realm of possibility that there are a couple of extra alts waiting to be unlocked in the game - I don't think.

edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't also point out the 99.9% likelihood of Kung Lao having a Revenant skin. You probably took this into account and decided the 0.1% chance merited playing it safe. Ah well.

Thanks for keeping it updated, and great job spotting that Jacqui alt!
    Last edited by p.W; 03-21-2015 at 04:26 AM.

Xbox Live
    JeanLuc Awesome
    PSN
    JeanLucAwesome
    Steam
    JeanLucAwesome
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanCorsini View Post
    Cool to know Sonya is getting a klassic costume! Hoping for MK3 or MK4! Those were her best designs!
    I second that, her MK3 outfit is my fav. A lot of MK3 outfits tend to be, minus Sub...

I wish we'd just get one massive MK3 costume pack for all those characters.

Xbox Live
    Rez0und
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I KNOW I've seen Kotal Kahn's alternate somewhere, I just can't remember where and what it looked like... Or maybe I was just seeing things.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    Yet. It's not out of the realm of possibility that there are a couple of extra alts waiting to be unlocked in the game - I don't think.

edit: I'd be remiss if I didn't also point out the 99.9% likelihood of Kung Lao having a Revenant skin. You probably took this into account and decided the 0.1% chance merited playing it safe. Ah well.
    I did say looks like and called the total tally the current count. Things can change and they almost definitely will.

PSN
    Kitty_1205
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Why are some of the pictures in spoiler boxes when eh... there's nothing special bout them?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty_55 View Post
    Why are some of the pictures in spoiler boxes when eh... there's nothing special bout them?
    That's precisely why. I don't want them taking up screen space when they're not worth anyone's time. I just figured I would include them to have every costume, both primary and alternates, in the thread. There's a note at the top of the thread that is supposed to make it clear, but maybe I failed in that regard. lol

PSN
    Kitty_1205
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

That's precisely why. I don't want them taking up screen space when they're not worth anyone's time. I just figured I would include them to have every costume, both primary and alternates, in the thread. There's a note at the top of the thread that is supposed to make it clear, but maybe I failed in that regard. lol
    I actually did not see that note since I scrolled immediately when the page came up. Not your fault though.

Emperor of Outworld Immortal Reaver's Avatar
    Xbox Live
    SSyrax
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Huge update to the OP. Added Jacqui, updated all the pics to clear confusion up, added some tidbits like the current count, more links, etc.

See, during the Ermac stream they said we've seen some character's alts already. And during that same stream, Reptile's portrait on the select screen was of his other costume (which at the time had not been shown). Since MK select screen portraits (including those in this game) typically show the primary costume, a lot of people assumed that the Reptile we've been seeing is actually the alt. They changed the portrait in later streams since they seemed to have realized people caught onto it.

I may be wrong, but there's too much oddness regarding this matter for me to be able to make a confident call either way.

For what it's worth, we haven't seen bone armor Reptile in the MKX comic, but we've seen the green armor Reptile far more and the comic tends to show primary costumes for MKX characters (Mileena, Johnny, Sonya, Kotal...).
    I understand your logic and what you're saying, but it came directly from their mouths that the more ninja-esque one is the alternate costume. The same stream that they revealed the concept art for Kitana's alternate, which is similar to her MK9 costume.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Jax is getting a lot more than I thought he would! Also, I wonder if Kung Lao will be getting a revenant look too?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Reaver View Post
    I understand your logic and what you're saying, but it came directly from their mouths that the more ninja-esque one is the alternate costume. The same stream that they revealed the concept art for Kitana's alternate, which is similar to her MK9 costume.
    Yeah, but there's a difference between saying "this is his Alternate outfit" and "this is his alternate outfit." Think about Tyler... then think about Derek... then ask yourself, are these the kind of guys who absolutely positively could not have referred to a character's different outfit as an alternate just cuz they had more important things to do in their life than make sure every word was 100% accurate?

You know how many devs have come on that stream calling variations "variants"? Or pronouncing Takeeda's name Takayda? It's practically the wild west over at NRS.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information