Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 266

Thread: Tanya in MKX?

  1. #41
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    Fire attacks are her main suit. She is also a sorceress in black magic, hence why she can also shoot purple projectiles, can levitate at times, etc. Even though she has usually used fire and small amounts of black magic, that doesn't mean they cant differentiate the types she uses. Not only that, with that logic you're basically saying that Liu Kang isn't needed because Kung Lao has shaolin styles and Scorpion has fire balls so Kang is pretty much not needed special moves wise.
    I'm not saying that at all, because movesets aren't that important to me! You brought them up. I simply disagreed that Tanya's is at all interesting.

    Please elaborate a bit more.
    I did with my next point in that post! But to elaborate in depth: in very well written stories, characters' actions are always consistent with who those characters are, and help us to understand them and find depth in the story. In Mortal Kombat... the actions are quite divorced from the characters.

    "Liu Kang beat Shao Kahn three times." Well, what can I take away from that about Liu Kang's character? Is he that determined? Is he that courageous? Is he that stubborn? Is he that altruistic? None of these? All of these? Who knows? He's just "the main guy" and he beat Shao Kahn because he was supposed to beat Shao Kahn. He's not really a character.

    So when you say that "Tanya was instrumental to helping put Shinnok in power," I don't know what to do with that information, and because MKX is in a new timeline where events aren't meant to repeat themselves, I don't know how NRS could use that to make her interesting again.

    Okay,
    She's an edenian ambassador. She's treacherous to survive, not to acquire power (besides MKA ending). Quan chi can do much more than her but that doesn't dismiss it. They both have completely different styles of Sorcery. Quan chi relies on portals, skulls, and possession techniques while Tanya mostly only experiments in 2-3 forms of black magic.
    I don't really care about sorcery, I want to know how her motivations and goals would be different from other characters. Take the situation with Kitana and Jade in MK9, Jade was horribly written because she was just a Kitana clone. She had literally the same arc (Shao Kahn's henchwoman realizes she has been deceived, runs off to join Raiden), and the same motivation (stopping Shao Kahn) as Kitana. I don't want to ever see anything like that again in an MK game.

    So for example, Reptile joins Kotal Kahn because Kotal will restore his people, D'Vorah joins him because she loves him, Erron Black joins him because he's promised money, Ermac joins him because Ermac is programmed to help Outworld's Emperor, and Ferra/Torr join him because they like to beat people up. Great, each character has a different motivation and different goals, so then depending on what happens in the story, they can become more interesting. (Kotal Kahn fails and has no money to pay Erron Black, does Erron Black betray Kotal Kahn, or is Erron secretly a good guy and he'll help Kotal anyway?)

    Scorpion is different from Shinnok's other lackeys because he's out for revenge. Quan Chi and Noob Saibot are both power-hungry (a terrible motivation, but whatever). And Tanya would be with Shinnok because... she wants...?

  2. #42
    Lin Kuei Assassin Bruzzrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Land of the Northern Carolina
    Posts
    2,669
    Thanked: 399
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Betrayal, duh.... :P

    Edenia isn't a thing right now, she is irrelevant.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruzzrad For This Useful Post:

    p.W

  4. #43
    Tarkatan Warrior UncleRuckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    396
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I agree with Tanya being a great fit for MK X. She is a known member of the brotherhood of Shadow, she has been a great asset in helping Shinnok leaving the Netherrealm , and she was a unique evil female character. She has great potential and I loved her move set in MK 4. We do need more women characters, particularly truly evil ones. Tanya is tied with Mileena for my 3th favorite MK character. I really think she will make it in. She may end up being either a secret unlockable character or DLC.

  5. #44
    Tarkatan Warrior UncleRuckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    396
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    pW Tanya's true intentions never have been revealed. That's the whole point of her being reintroduced. They could flesh her out much more. She has great potential, but I think she would be good just craving more power, same as the other characters you named. The difference is in that she is a woman. This would be truly unique in a female character in MK. I had truly hoped that Mileena would end up becoming the boss, and I was excited for that happening when I thought she might be with her becoming a main part of the story. I see now that it is more likely
    Spoiler:
    Reiko
    based on a lot of developments. Women just need a stronger presence instead of just being pretty faces with sex appeal. I really like that they are fixing this with Jacqui, Cassie, D'Vorah and Mileena having a much more important role etc.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to UncleRuckus For This Useful Post:


  7. #45
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleRuckus View Post
    pW Tanya's true intentions never have been revealed. That's the whole point of her being reintroduced. They could flesh her out much more. She has great potential, but I think she would be good just craving more power, same as the other characters you named. The difference is in that she is a woman. This would be truly unique in a female character in MK. I had truly hoped that Mileena would end up becoming the boss, and I was excited for that happening when I thought she might be with her becoming a main part of the story. I see now that it is more likely
    Spoiler:
    Reiko
    based on a lot of developments. Women just need a stronger presence instead of just being pretty faces with sex appeal. I really like that they are fixing this with Jacqui, Cassie, D'Vorah and Mileena having a much more important role etc.
    I could not possibly disagree more with the idea that Tanya can be an interesting character if she's just a female Quan Chi. No. One Quan Chi is enough, he beat her to it, he's the mainstay and she isn't. Sorry. She was too late to the party.

    The worst of it is Quan Chi isn't even an interesting character. The most interesting thing he has going for him is his relationship with Scorpion, and that is one shallow relationship. He manipulated Scorpion, the end. In five different continuities.

    "Power" is something Saturday morning cartoon villains want. Either that, or blowing up the universe. That's pretty much where we're still stuck with most of the villains in the MK universe. I'm sorry, I grew up, that's not good enough for me anymore. I want Quan Chi and Shinnok to have more nuanced ambitions than that, and I certainly don't want to bring Tanya aboard until that happens and until she gets a motivation that's more nuanced too.

    And thanks for reminding me about Mileena. We've already got one ambitious evil woman running around, we don't need two.

  8. #46
    Tarkatan Warrior UncleRuckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    396
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    pw: I disagree that she would be a female Quan-Chi just because they both crave power. Lets be real and just simplify the motivation of the characters in a fighting game. Its either power, heroic actions, or revenge. Everything does not have to be so complex. She can still be power hungry character but, yet still have an interesting backstory and personality. I disagree that Quan-Chi is not interesting, and NS also must disagree with that because they chose to put him in the rehashed MK games in the first place. Quan is my second favorite character. That is why NS brought Quan back. He is truly evil, manipulative, and very mysterious. I love his character. He is very well received. Much better than Shang Tsung IMO. Don't forget that Tanya debuted with Quan-Chi and I think they were the favorite new characters in that era, with Fujin right behind. The rest of the new characters in MK 4 were uninspiring. And just because Mileena is bad and Tanya is bad; it does not mean they are the same. That's is just like saying Shang Tsung, Quan-Chi, and Shao shouldn't have all been in the last game because they are all bad guys. Tanya could be the seemingly more proper Edenian Ambassador that puts on a "good face" that secretly works for Evil forces. We all know Mileena is evil. That would be a unique way to spin the characters personality.

  9. #47
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    I did with my next point in that post! But to elaborate in depth: in very well written stories, characters' actions are always consistent with who those characters are, and help us to understand them and find depth in the story. In Mortal Kombat... the actions are quite divorced from the characters.

    "Liu Kang beat Shao Kahn three times." Well, what can I take away from that about Liu Kang's character? Is he that determined? Is he that courageous? Is he that stubborn? Is he that altruistic? None of these? All of these? Who knows? He's just "the main guy" and he beat Shao Kahn because he was supposed to beat Shao Kahn. He's not really a character.

    So when you say that "Tanya was instrumental to helping put Shinnok in power," I don't know what to do with that information, and because MKX is in a new timeline where events aren't meant to repeat themselves, I don't know how NRS could use that to make her interesting again.
    ....What? I just explained this exact thing 3 times in this thread alone, twice to you. The fact that she's responsible for MK4 happening was one of many things she's actually been important towards, besides bringing Onaga into edenia, trying to trap liu kang, and leading the deadly alliances army as the general, and many other story important scenes.
    You're being very vague with your points. The way you're explaining yourself is exactly as follows;
    'I don't care about the characters story because that's not interesting or important, but the characters story is what makes them interesting and important.'
    It doesn't exactly make any sense to me because you've contradicted yourself twice.

    I don't really care about sorcery, I want to know how her motivations and goals would be different from other characters. Take the situation with Kitana and Jade in MK9, Jade was horribly written because she was just a Kitana clone. She had literally the same arc (Shao Kahn's henchwoman realizes she has been deceived, runs off to join Raiden), and the same motivation (stopping Shao Kahn) as Kitana. I don't want to ever see anything like that again in an MK game.
    She thrives on betrayal, and doing whatever she can to survive regardless of if it was evil or good. Her goal was to extinguish edenian cause, and is the leader of a band of refugees. She's the first character to practice a different type of dark arts than Quan Chi, instead of being the 'female quan chi', she is more of a unique sorceress that has completely different movesets and styles than all the other characters styles. She's very unique both Storywise and Goal wise. No one else has these goals or motivations. They didn't turn Tanya into a carbon copy female until MKA, and even then she was still mostly unique compared to the other characters points. Just because you do not see for yourself the differentiations she has from the points of other characters does not mean that they don't exist.

    Jade was just that, a copycat type henchmen with literally no story but to be Kitana's best friend and co-worker until MKD, and as Tanya was Jade's rival, that's the only thing that Jade had unique from other stories rivalry wise.
    Though jade had no real importance in the story or real goals as Tanya did.

    Scorpion is different from Shinnok's other lackeys because he's out for revenge. Quan Chi and Noob Saibot are both power-hungry (a terrible motivation, but whatever). And Tanya would be with Shinnok because... she wants...?
    Survival. Betrayal. She wants to be seen as an icon of importance by Shinnok so she can be closer to him and find a way to get what she wants, which is extinguishing Edenian forces. The rest of her 'reasoning' to be with shinnok was always described as secretive, so no one will ever really know the reason she wants to do what she does for Shinnok besides what we already know, which, even then, is Still unique in itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    And thanks for reminding me about Mileena. We've already got one ambitious evil woman running around, we don't need two.
    Lol. Logic.
    'We've already got one shaolin warrior with practically the exact same goals running around, we don't need two'
    'We've already got one shokan warrior, we don't need three'
    'We've already got one tarkatan warrior, we don't need two'
    'We've already got one cyborg character, we don't need 4'


  10. #48
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleRuckus View Post
    Lets be real and just simplify the motivation of the characters in a fighting game. Its either power, heroic actions, or revenge. Everything does not have to be so complex.


    Video games are no longer stuck in the 1990s. They're allowed to have interesting characters with complex motivations these days. Lucky for me NRS agrees, because that's how we get Kotal Kahn, one of the most interesting MK characters they've come up with in over a decade.

    Kung Lao in MK9 wasn't a hero, he was a jealous gloryhound. That might not have made him very entertaining (his tiny role didn't help), but it certainly made him interesting. He brought genuine conflict to the table without being a cartoonish superhero or a cartoonish supervillain.

    I disagree that Quan-Chi is not interesting, and NS also must disagree with that because they chose to put him in the rehashed MK games in the first place. Quan is my second favorite character. That is why NS brought Quan back. He is truly evil, manipulative, and very mysterious.
    I don't disagree with their choice of bringing Quan Chi back. He's one of the best villains in the MK universe. That doesn't make him a good villain, it just means the others suck harder. He has potential and I hope MKX helps him unlock it.

    That's is just like saying Shang Tsung, Quan-Chi, and Shao shouldn't have all been in the last game because they are all bad guys.
    ...you realize that it's not a coincidence they were all in the last game, right? They were in it because the game was a re-telling of MK1-3, and since MK1-3 happened, Quan Chi has become essential to Scorpion's storyline.

    Tanya could be the seemingly more proper Edenian Ambassador that puts on a "good face" that secretly works for Evil forces. We all know Mileena is evil. That would be a unique way to spin the characters personality.
    You're still telling me what she does, not who she is that makes her unique. Here's the problem with doing that. Congrats, you've given her a role in MKX! What's her role in MK11? Everyone goes full retard and forgets that she tricked them, just so she can trick them again? As a writer, you don't define characters by their actions, you define them by their goals and their flaws. Tanya's goals are not sustainable from game to game without the character becoming old by her second appearance.

  11. #49
    Tarkatan Warrior UncleRuckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    396
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I respectfully disagree. Tanya can potentially be great. I have explained myself I will not repeat what I already stated. Sorry you don't get my point and I did not contradict myself at all. I stated what makes her different from Mileena, and I stated that every character does not have to have a fully complete back story. Her story can be less vague and more uniquely telling of who she is though. Every character is not meant to be a lead character. Tanya I feel is more of a supporting character, but I feel she can still be a supporting character with more of a presence. I agree that Kotal is one of the best new characters to come out in recent years in a fighting game, really any game. But just because you have your reasons as to why she would not make a good character, doesn't mean everyone agrees. Tanya is a liked character, whether you want to believe that or not.

    You mentioning the story as a retelling of all 3 mks is irrelevant to my point. I say that because they still all existed in the same game and story and they even all interacted with one another.
    Last edited by UncleRuckus; 03-15-2015 at 10:38 PM.

  12. #50
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleRuckus View Post
    About you mentioning the story is a retelling of all 3 mks is irrelevant to my point. I say that because they still all existed in the same game and story and they even all interacted with one another.
    MK9 was a pretty terrible story. It was the best MK's ever done, and it was still awful. I would be devastated if MKX wasn't a significant improvement... but from everything I've seen, I have nothing to fear.

    So no, I don't want MK9 Quan Chi in MKX, and I don't want Tanya-like-MK9-Quan-Chi in MKX, either.

    I don't mean to be rude and I hope this response hasn't come off that way. It just seems like there's no reconciling our standards for the story and characters, so we really will have to agree to disagree.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    You're being very vague with your points. The way you're explaining yourself is exactly as follows;
    'I don't care about the characters story because that's not interesting or important, but the characters story is what makes them interesting and important.'
    It doesn't exactly make any sense to me because you've contradicted yourself twice.
    I haven't contradicted myself. I'll try to explain one last time, but if you still don't follow, then that'll have to be the end of our little argument.

    She thrives on betrayal, and doing whatever she can to survive regardless of if it was evil or good.
    "Betrayal" isn't a motivation, it's a thing that people do to achieve their goals. So if you want to describe Tanya as a character, you would say "she is ruthless and opportunistic, and will betray you to get whatever she wants." Fantastic! So... what does she want again?

    Her goal was to extinguish edenian cause, and is the leader of a band of refugees.
    Why was her goal to extinguish the Edenian cause? What's her motivation for wanting this to happen? Did they kick her puppy? Find me a good, original motivation for why she wants revenge against good guy Edenians, and that's a start.

    For MK11.

    Not MKX.

    Because the Edenian cause doesn't exist in MKX, therefore Tanya wouldn't be able to do anything against them, therefore she would just be stuck running errands for Shinnok like all of his other lackeys.

    The rest of her 'reasoning' to be with shinnok was always described as secretive, so no one will ever really know the reason she wants to do what she does for Shinnok besides what we already know, which, even then, is Still unique in itself.
    I'm sick and tired of mysterious secretive villains with hidden agendas. I want specifics. Why does Quan Chi want power? To smack some heads around? Really? Is that the best use of a sorcerer's time? Becoming strong enough to beat people up in hand to hand combat? Why does he want to rule the land? I want to know at what point in his quest for land owning and power getting Quan Chi will say to himself, "I've done pretty well for myself, that's enough power and enough land for a while." What will his motivations be then? Will he just sit his ass down on his throne and never get up again, because he's just happy to rule the land and have power? If not - what will he do? Chances are, that will be the more interesting goal. That's the one I want to know about.

    "Villains just do this stuff because they're evil" is Saturday morning cartoon writing. I'm not 14 anymore and I expect better. Thank Boon for Kotal Kahn.

    Lol. Logic.
    'We've already got one shaolin warrior with practically the exact same goals running around, we don't need two'
    You mean the same Kung Lao who snuck into the tournament against Raiden's wishes, all so that he could show off what a great warrior he is? He has practically the same goal as "Yes Lord Raiden" Liu Kang? OK, then.

    'We've already got one shokan warrior, we don't need three'
    I hope Kintaro and Sheeva die painful deaths.

    'We've already got one tarkatan warrior, we don't need two'
    We only have one Tarkatan warrior. The other is a half-Tarkatan genetic hybrid and the heir to Shao Kahn's throne.

    'We've already got one cyborg character, we don't need 4'
    There were never 4. The original timeline had 3, and the new timeline had 3. 1 of which has been retconned back to being non-cyborg, because him being a cyborg was moronic.

    So you are exactly right. We don't need 4 and we won't get 4. Cyborg fans will be lucky to get 1 in MKX.
    Last edited by p.W; 03-15-2015 at 11:37 PM.

  13. #51
    Tarkatan Warrior UncleRuckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    396
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    MK9 was a pretty terrible story. It was the best MK's ever done, and it was still awful. I would be devastated if MKX wasn't a significant improvement... but from everything I've seen, I have nothing to fear.

    So no, I don't want MK9 Quan Chi in MKX, and I don't want Tanya-like-MK9-Quan-Chi in MKX, either.
    Mortal Kombat has always been tongue and cheek humor and light on being to serious. It was and always is campy, with over the top violence, and story elements that don't always make sense. It is at the core a fighting game with a fun story. Sure MK X may have a better and more serious story but, its not going to ever be taken that serious, and it shouldn't. A big part of the MK magic is the cheesiness as well as the over the top violence. If MK every got to serious it would lose some of its magic. Most MK fans would disagree with you saying MK 9 story was bad. If you want to compare it to games outside of MK sure, I can see what your saying. You can not honestly dispute that there is a fighting game with as much fleshed out story that you actually play through. It was greatly improved over any MK story before it.

  14. #52
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleRuckus View Post
    Most MK fans would disagree with you saying MK 9 story was bad. If you want to compare it to games outside of MK sure, I can see what your saying. You can not honestly dispute that there is a fighting game with as much fleshed out story that you actually play through. It was greatly improved over any MK story before it.
    We're not disagreeing as much as you think. I understand that MK9 is better than previous MK games. It's not even comparable how much better it is. And as a MK fan, I was able to enjoy it because I can appreciate how far the franchise has come, and I can see what they're trying to do and I'm willing to help them fill in the blanks.

    But as a fan of video games in general, I hope that with every game NRS will do better. So while having Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, and Shao Kahn all being Evil together and twirling their moustaches ominously was great in MK9, I hope we're well past a repeat of that scene.

    If someone can find a use for Tanya that extends far past twirling her womanly moustache ominously in every scene she's in, great, maybe you'll convince me that she's worth salvaging. I'm not an unreasonable man.

  15. #53
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    NRS could give Tanya a new purpose and give her a new role that would fit into the MKX story. That's what they did with Reiko.

  16. #54
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    NRS could give Tanya a new purpose and give her a new role that would fit into the MKX story. That's what they did with Reiko.
    Yeah, but my point (what feels like five pages ago) was that it was always easy to see what to expand with Reiko. He's Shao Kahn's general. There you go, that's your hook. "What kind of man gets to be Shao Kahn's general?" And what does he do now that Shao Kahn's gone? Those are exactly the questions the comic set out to answer. Perfect time, perfect place to expand on Reiko. So what we got ends up feeling like a natural expansion of what we already had.

    What are you going to expand on with Tanya? "What kind of person becomes a follower of Shinnok?" We already know, evil dickheads. He's got plenty of followers. "What kind of person betrays everyone?" Same kind of evil dickhead that follows Shinnok around. Or any bad guy in MK, really.

    I guess the "Edenian gone bad" thing stands out - say, for instance, they get rid of her alliance with Shinnok and just focus on her as a political entity within neo-Edenia. All right. More of a stretch than what happened with Reiko, but it could work. But MKX very clearly isn't the game to be able to do that, and this thread is titled "Tanya in MKX" not "Tanya in Future MK Games."

  17. #55
    Lin Kuei Assassin Bruzzrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Land of the Northern Carolina
    Posts
    2,669
    Thanked: 399
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I never realized how bad MK9's story was, lol. The Deus ex machina with the Elder Gods, Raiden killing Lui Kang instead of reasoning with him, Sindel... From what I've seen, I'm hoping MKX is a vast improvement.

    Right now, Tanya has no place in MKX. Where is Edenia? Heck, Rain is working with Mileena. Shouldn't he be off securing his rightful place in Edenia? He is an Edenian Prince after all. But nope, he is in Mileena's ranks. And the last place we saw Tanya was in Shao Kahn's arena. Obviously, her lust for power got her caught, chained up, and probably executed.

  18. #56
    Kombatant
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    202
    Thanked: 14
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    YES!!! I will not rest until I hear that TANYA,my most common favorite Mortal Kombat female kombatant is revealed & confirmed for Mortal Kombat X,even on DLC

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to MichrobMK For This Useful Post:


  20. #57
    Kombatant Mr.Scorpion77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shaolin Temple
    Posts
    128
    Xbox Live
    AL Amazin 77
    Thanked: 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    In my Abraham voice, "who's Tanya?". Microbial, I guess you're going to have some sleepless nights because...Ding Dong the $!t€h is dead. I Kidd I kidd, if there's a choice between her and this Tumor kharacter, I'll take her. How can there be 5k gamers that want a guy that was killed in a spinoff game that holds no weight to the story that's unfolding right now?

  21. #58
    Hollywood Superstar Tanya4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    28
    Posts
    862
    Thanked: 221
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    ULTIMATE HUNTER, PREDATOR JOINS MORTAL KOMBAT X KOMBAT PACK

    As a follow up to announcing the Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack playable character, Jason Voorhees, today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment confirmed the additional playable characters that will be included in the Kombat Pack: the ultimate hunter Predator from the films of the same name as well as Klassic Mortal Kombat Kombatants Tremor and Tanya.

    Full Kombat Pack details are listed below:
    The Ultimate Horror Pack
    Playable character Jason Voorhees
    Horror skins Vampiress Mileena, Kraken Reptile and Pharaoh Ermac
    The Klassic Pack #1:
    Playable character Tanya
    Klassic skins for Kano, Sonya and Liu Kang
    The Predator / Prey Pack:
    Playable character Predator
    Predator-themed skins Commando Johnny, Infrared Scorpion and Carl Weathers as Jax
    The Klassic Pack #2:
    Playable character, Tremor
    Klassic skins for Quan Chi, Jax and Kung Lao


    In the Americas, the Kombat Pack is included in the Mortal Kombat X Kollector’s Edition by Coarse, Limited Edition and Premium Edition, and will be available for purchase separately for $29.99.**

    Starting April 14, 2015, when Mortal Kombat X launches worldwide, fans who purchase the Kombat Pack will receive the Samurai Pack containing three new character skins: Ronin Kenshi, Samurai Shinnok and Jingu Kitana, as well as an accompanying skin pack with each playable character. In addition, those who own the pack will gain early access to the above listed content before it is available for sale individually.

  22. #59
    Hollywood Superstar RaiNaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    778
    Thanked: 60
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    SO unbelievably happy. Extremely excited to see her variations and revamped moveset.

    Hopefully they improve her look, though. She seems like her look is Egyptian inspired, but she looks very basic in the trailer.

    Did they state the release date(s)?

  23. #60
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I'm dead. I am officially in a casket.


Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tanya
    By Jade in forum Mortal Kombat Kombatant Discussion
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 08:29 PM
  2. Tanya again
    By flawless31490 in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
  3. Tanya
    By NXNDJ in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 04:16 PM
  4. My Tanya concept
    By flawless31490 in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-17-2010, 11:35 PM
  5. Tanya not at C-3
    By ebm62980 in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •