Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 266

Thread: Tanya in MKX?

  1. #21
    Ruler of NetherRealm Ricochetmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,144
    Thanked: 886
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    Must of been left out of the loop this time. What leak?
    "leak". Don't get your hopes up. It's most likely fake, but it is certainly enticing.

  2. #22
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo View Post
    Page 675 of the Media Thread. Tanya4Eva's post.
    First of all, that list looks like it was basically made up of all the things in the first chapter and sadly attempted to stretch it into the rest of the story.
    Second of all, even if it is true, they said Tanya is only 'mentioned' in the story, so that wouldn't exactly help Tanya fans.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochetmatt View Post
    "leak". Don't get your hopes up. It's most likely fake, but it is certainly enticing.
    Hopes aren't up. Leak looks more fake than any leak in the past 3 months.


  3. #23
    Lin Kuei Assassin Cryo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,195
    Thanked: 492
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I won't judge it to be real or fake, I don't think there's any real evidence to say it is one or the other.

  4. #24
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Firstly I apologies if this is in the wrong thread or if there is already a discussion.

    But where is Tanya? What do you guys think her chances are of being in MKX either through DLC or the main roster?
    Here are a few reasons why I think she will be in the game:

    Reason 1: Jade is dead. Why is Jade dead and How would they kill her off? Answer is Tanya. She is Jade's rival who betrayed her home land of Edenia by joining the forces of Quan Chi and Shinnok. Most viable explanation of Jade's death.
    Jade was killed by Sindel in MK9. And unlike others like Kitana and Kung Lao, she won't be brought back to life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Reason 2: There is a faction called "Brotherhood of Shadows". How many members do we know of currently in this faction? Just Shinnok and Quan Chi? Tanya would fit perfectly!
    The whole Shinnok and the Brotherhood thing appears to be one of the first things resolved in the Story Mode, and it appears that Quan Chi's revenants are the ones you fight. It would be cool if Tanya was there too, but it appears to be unlikely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Resaon 3: We are lacking female kharacters on the roster. There are currently only 6 females Konfirmed and Ed Boon stated "There would be a good balance between the two". Her chances are likely I think.
    Well, this is a reason I can get behind, because yes, there is a lack of females in MKX, and Tanya would be nice to have on the roster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Reason 4: Tanya is awesome!
    Though a subjective opinion, I do agree with this. It won't be reason enough though.

    I would LOVE to see Tanya in MKX, but it appears that it won't be the case. :/

  5. #25
    Lin Kuei Assassin Guyver Spawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,298
    PSN
    Guyver_Spawn_27
    Steam
    GS27
    Thanked: 338
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I think she has a strong chance on being DLC. NRS and Ed Boon know that she has a big fanbase. Not to mention MK9 and Injustice had at least one female fighter.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyver Spawn For This Useful Post:


  7. #26
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Since Tanya is closely associated with Shinnok and Quan Chi I thought she would of made it, but clearly, she didn't.
    Would of been nice if she was though.


  8. #27
    Kombatant Mr.Scorpion77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shaolin Temple
    Posts
    128
    Xbox Live
    AL Amazin 77
    Thanked: 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    How do Jade and Tanya progress or contribute to the story or game? It just seems like people just want their favorite kharacter to play with and don't care if they are in the storyline or not. I see no true benefit of having the 3D kharacters in the game besides the ones in the comic because they contribute to the story. Now if they're there to be killed off then don't waste kharacter space just to satisfy a small precentage of fans. I love Scorpion but if there was no Sub then it'd be pointless of having him and vice versa. Don't bring up MKM or MKSM they do not count towards the story

  9. #28
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scorpion77 View Post
    How do Jade and Tanya progress or contribute to the story or game? It just seems like people just want their favorite kharacter to play with and don't care if they are in the storyline or not. I see no true benefit of having the 3D kharacters in the game besides the ones in the comic because they contribute to the story. Now if they're there to be killed off then don't waste kharacter space just to satisfy a small precentage of fans. I love Scorpion but if there was no Sub then it'd be pointless of having him and vice versa. Don't bring up MKM or MKSM they do not count towards the story
    Not sure about Jade because I didn't do any research on her,
    But Tanya..? Are you kidding? Don't you remember what she did? She was one of the main reasons for MK4 story happening.
    She was the prime reason for Netherrealms invasion, sneaking Shinnok and Quan Chi and all of the Netherrealm forces into Earthrealm undetected.
    Also, if she didn't try to lure Liu Kang into the trap, Shinnok would have probably won. Her attempts at treachery actually played a very large portion to the story and downfall of Shinnok. (By accident)
    Tanya also was the ambassador and enforcer of the Deadly Alliance's army, and was responsible for bringing Onaga into Edenia.
    Tanya actually was important. I don't know exactly the point of Jade, but most people ignore all that Tanya's done just because she's a very shady and frequently unplayed character.


  10. #29
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Scorpion77 View Post
    How do Jade and Tanya progress or contribute to the story or game?
    How does Kung Lao progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Kitana progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Ferra/Torr progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Ermac progress or contribute to the story or the game?

    Thing is, if NRS wants it, they will make it happen. Reiko was a non-popular nobody for ALOT of people before he was in the MKX comic. Suddenly he got relevance, suddenly he gained popularity, suddenly he contributed to the story. Why? Because the people behind the game and the story wanted it to happen!

    So that question you asked there really has absolutely no importance or relevance, because the writers can make ANY character add to the progression and contribution of the story and game, if they wanted that to happen.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:


  12. #30
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    I never noticed how many people thought that Tanya was so unimportant and stale to them that they didn't even think of anything she could have done to affect the story.
    Guess it depends on peoples opinions of the character to actually research and learn about their importance.
    Though tanya so far hasn't had any relevance this time around, that doesn't mean she still can't be important.


  13. #31
    New Kombatant Destroyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Posts
    43
    Thanked: 4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    Jade was killed by Sindel in MK9. And unlike others like Kitana and Kung Lao, she won't be brought back to life. :/
    You are right, I think I said earlier that I forgot Jade was there when Sindel killed everyone off. Been a long time since I played the MK9 story.

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    The whole Shinnok and the Brotherhood thing appears to be one of the first things resolved in the Story Mode, and it appears that Quan Chi's revenants are the ones you fight. It would be cool if Tanya was there too, but it appears to be unlikely. :/
    Hmm, not too sure its completely over after the first chapter. The amulet is supposedly a big part of the story, plus we see Mileena with it in the story trailer. Maybe she releases him without realising it? But thats another discussion. I still feel theres more to it though, I hope anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    I would LOVE to see Tanya in MKX, but it appears that it won't be the case. :/
    Thank you for your opinions (I would thank your post but I think I need a certain amount of posts?)

  14. #32
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    How does Kung Lao progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Kitana progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Ferra/Torr progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Ermac progress or contribute to the story or the game?

    Thing is, if NRS wants it, they will make it happen. Reiko was a non-popular nobody for ALOT of people before he was in the MKX comic. Suddenly he got relevance, suddenly he gained popularity, suddenly he contributed to the story. Why? Because the people behind the game and the story wanted it to happen!

    So that question you asked there really has absolutely no importance or relevance, because the writers can make ANY character add to the progression and contribution of the story and game, if they wanted that to happen.
    The difference is Reiko had clear story hooks to expand upon. He's Shao Kahn's general. Bam. It's a solid jumping off point that no other character has as their base, but at the same time vague enough that it could be made into any cool story NRS wants. "What is Shao Kahn's handpicked general like?"

    Tanya doesn't have any unique story hooks. She's Shinnok's servant? Quan Chi did that already. She's Quan Chi's servant? Scorpion and Noob Saibot. She's highly ambitious? Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shinnok... She likes to pretend that she's good people? Shinnok again. She's from Edenia? Kitana, Rain.

    I'm not at all saying that she couldn't be transformed into a great character. But it's harder to see what her being a great character looks like.

  15. #33
    Defender of EarthRealm
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,218
    Thanked: 1516
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    The difference is Reiko had clear story hooks to expand upon. He's Shao Kahn's general. Bam. It's a solid jumping off point that no other character has as their base, but at the same time vague enough that it could be made into any cool story NRS wants. "What is Shao Kahn's handpicked general like?"

    Tanya doesn't have any unique story hooks. She's Shinnok's servant? Quan Chi did that already. She's Quan Chi's servant? Scorpion and Noob Saibot. She's highly ambitious? Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shinnok... She likes to pretend that she's good people? Shinnok again. She's from Edenia? Kitana, Rain.

    I'm not at all saying that she couldn't be transformed into a great character. But it's harder to see what her being a great character looks like.
    Goro and Motaro were both Shao Kahn's generals before Reiko. So your point about Tanya being something that others already were, compared to Reiko... it's kinda invalid.

  16. #34
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    The difference is Reiko had clear story hooks to expand upon. He's Shao Kahn's general. Bam. It's a solid jumping off point that no other character has as their base, but at the same time vague enough that it could be made into any cool story NRS wants. "What is Shao Kahn's handpicked general like?"

    Tanya doesn't have any unique story hooks. She's Shinnok's servant? Quan Chi did that already. She's Quan Chi's servant? Scorpion and Noob Saibot. She's highly ambitious? Noob Saibot, Quan Chi, Shinnok... She likes to pretend that she's good people? Shinnok again. She's from Edenia? Kitana, Rain.

    I'm not at all saying that she couldn't be transformed into a great character. But it's harder to see what her being a great character looks like.
    Not exactly sure what you're getting at.
    Are you basically agreeing with people who say Tanya doesn't contribute to story?


  17. #35
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    Goro and Motaro were both Shao Kahn's generals before Reiko. So your point about Tanya being something that others already were, compared to Reiko... it's kinda invalid.
    The situation isn't actually comparable.

    The MK universe doesn't have room enough for Goro, Motaro, and Reiko to all be Shao Kahn's generals, and for all of them to be interesting. I absolutely agree. But you'll note that Goro is no longer Kahn's general, he's his champion. And Motaro is a worthless sack of shit. So although he was one of his generals in MK9's story, yes, he brought us no closer to seeing what that means. The archetype remains perfectly vacant.

    If Motaro had filled it out, I wouldn't have been in favor of Reiko's inclusion, because there would have been no point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    Not exactly sure what you're getting at.
    Are you basically agreeing with people who say Tanya doesn't contribute to story?
    I'm saying that Tanya would have to be changed more than Reiko to become a great character. Reiko's untapped potential (prior to the comic) was pretty obvious. Everything that Tanya offers is being taken up by other villainous characters, more or less.

  18. #36
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post

    I'm saying that Tanya would have to be changed more than Reiko to become a great character. Reiko's untapped potential (prior to the comic) was pretty obvious. Everything that Tanya offers is being taken up by other villainous characters, more or less.
    Her powers aren't exactly what other people are getting yet. She's the only female sorceress in-game that has ever been playable (Since Jataaka and Kia weren't really ever in a roster)
    Tanya was a giant key to Shinnok even coming to power. If it wasn't for her, Shinnok would have never reigned at all. She also was a key in MKDA and MKD, but I'm not going to go into details as I did 5 or 6 posts ago.
    Just trying to make my point if it were to ever come off that she is only important for being a sorceress with fire power and purple skulls and black magic (and etc..)
    I don't really see anyone who has the same powers or skills that she had either.
    The only thing I do see though, is D'vorah sort of taking her spot as the emperors side, but only difference is that Tanya always plans of betrayal instead of raw loyalty like D'vorah seems to have.


  19. #37
    Lin Kuei Assassin p.W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,187
    Thanked: 613
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    Her powers aren't exactly what other people are getting yet.
    She has... fire attacks. With Scorpion and Goro already confirmed, and Liu Kang inevitably following suit, aren't they exactly what other people are getting? Aren't... they? (Special moves isn't what makes or breaks a character for me, I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't.)

    Tanya was a giant key to Shinnok even coming to power. If it wasn't for her, Shinnok would have never reigned at all. She also was a key in MKDA and MKD, but I'm not going to go into details as I did 5 or 6 posts ago.
    That's what she did. I'm far more concerned with who she is.

    The only thing I do see though, is D'vorah sort of taking her spot as the emperors side, but only difference is that Tanya always plans of betrayal instead of raw loyalty like D'vorah seems to have.
    I don't know why you're only comparing her to female characters. A female character can be made redundant by a male character. Being female doesn't automatically make her unique and different.

    She's Shinnok's servant? OK, Quan Chi already does that. She's manipulative? Quan Chi does that (Scorpion). She's treacherous? Quan Chi (Deception). She's Quan Chi, except an Edenian woman and much weaker. One way to differentiate her might be to make her in love with Shinnok (unless... Quan Chi is also... in love with Shinnok...) but as you say that might be encroaching on D'Vorah and Kotal.

  20. #38
    Kombatant Mr.Scorpion77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shaolin Temple
    Posts
    128
    Xbox Live
    AL Amazin 77
    Thanked: 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    How does Kung Lao progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Kitana progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Ferra/Torr progress or contribute to the story or the game?
    How does Ermac progress or contribute to the story or the game?

    Thing is, if NRS wants it, they will make it happen. Reiko was a non-popular nobody for ALOT of people before he was in the MKX comic. Suddenly he got relevance, suddenly he gained popularity, suddenly he contributed to the story. Why? Because the people behind the game and the story wanted it to happen!

    So that question you asked there really has absolutely no importance or relevance, because the writers can make ANY character add to the progression and contribution of the story and game, if they wanted that to happen.
    Kung Lao is the descendent of the Great Kung Lao so maybe it's about retribution, avenging a family member who once was earthrealms champion. The guy who was asked to fight alongside earths heros.

    Katana is the princess of Edenia and along with her mother made Shao Kahn's prisoners. She wants to separate her home from outworld and avenge her people.

    Don't know who Ferra/Torr is so I can't speculate. Can you inform me since you seem to know all there is about this game and storyline?

    Ermac played a big part in the story and it should be self explanatory by now.

    I thinks you're just hurt that Tanya isn't in the game. I don't write for Mk but minus Jason, I think the fighters they introduced are directly related to the story and that's what they are going for.

  21. #39
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Quote Originally Posted by p.W View Post
    She has... fire attacks. With Scorpion and Goro already confirmed, and Liu Kang inevitably following suit, aren't they exactly what other people are getting? Aren't... they? (Special moves isn't what makes or breaks a character for me, I wouldn't have brought it up if you hadn't.)
    Fire attacks are her main suit. She is also a sorceress in black magic, hence why she can also shoot purple projectiles, can levitate at times, etc. Even though she has usually used fire and small amounts of black magic, that doesn't mean they cant differentiate the types she uses. Not only that, with that logic you're basically saying that Liu Kang isn't needed because Kung Lao has shaolin styles and Scorpion has fire balls so Kang is pretty much not needed special moves wise.

    That's what she did. I'm far more concerned with who she is.
    Please elaborate a bit more.


    I don't know why you're only comparing her to female characters. A female character can be made redundant by a male character. Being female doesn't automatically make her unique and different.
    Female characters? I only mentioned D'vorah as a story spot. Jataaka and Kia aren't exactly comparisons because as they have the same sorcery, they aren't even in-game. Regardless of who I compare her to, that doesn't change my point in any way.

    She's Shinnok's servant? OK, Quan Chi already does that. She's manipulative? Quan Chi does that (Scorpion). She's treacherous? Quan Chi (Deception). She's Quan Chi, except an Edenian woman and much weaker. One way to differentiate her might be to make her in love with Shinnok (unless... Quan Chi is also... in love with Shinnok...) but as you say that might be encroaching on D'Vorah and Kotal.
    Okay,
    She's an edenian ambassador. She's treacherous to survive, not to acquire power (besides MKA ending). Quan chi can do much more than her but that doesn't dismiss it. They both have completely different styles of Sorcery. Quan chi relies on portals, skulls, and possession techniques while Tanya mostly only experiments in 2-3 forms of black magic.


  22. #40
    Kombatant Mr.Scorpion77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Shaolin Temple
    Posts
    128
    Xbox Live
    AL Amazin 77
    Thanked: 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tanya in MKX?

    Tanyashusband thanks for informing me of Tanya's story, the only 3D MK i played was DA and did not use her or remember if she was there. Me being naive of her story and gameplay has made me bias towards her. I still stick to my thoughts about not caring if she's in or not but the more kharacters the better as long as they contribute to the game/story. If they're just in the game for gameplay sake, I see no use for them.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tanya
    By Jade in forum Mortal Kombat Kombatant Discussion
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 09:29 PM
  2. Tanya again
    By flawless31490 in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
  3. Tanya
    By NXNDJ in forum Spoilers, Leaks, and Rumors
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 05:16 PM
  4. My Tanya concept
    By flawless31490 in forum Mortal Kombat Fan Artwork
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 12:35 AM
  5. Tanya not at C-3
    By ebm62980 in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •