Tanya in MKX?

I just was talking to my mom about Tanya.
I never mentioned her name, I just turned on MK4 and made her play as her in practice.
She said 'Oh yeah! Her name is Kiera!' [KEE-Air-Uh]
I never laughed harder.

... I'm trying to understand what in the world you're saying but I'm having a hard time.

Are you comparing Tanya to Rain and Scarlet, who you think are "stealing" things? What exactly did these two steal? I'm intrigued in knowing how two fictional, made-up characters can steal things.

Do you mean, "The developers gave them abilities that were used from other characters?" That's not stealing, mate. Stealing is when you take something that doesn't belong to you and you don't give it back.

Also, you DO realize that in game, Tanya wasn't finished right? I'm kinda laughing at how they made her have Kitana's stance, probably a homage to the fact that she was in place of Kitana in the fourth game. But just because she had that stance, doesn't mean that's her stance for good. It was a placeholder
Until she's released, what you see is a placeholder. Thy had to give her something rather than nothing. She didn't "steal" anything

And no, Kitana was never a swap of anything. Tanya doesn't look like Talissa Soto in her debut. Please, if you're going to insult people's favorites, at least get stuff straight before you blab if out.

And I hate Tanya, I just did this because your whole post just doesn't make any sense at all.

you did a black magic invocation and i ´ve decided reply to you:

for explain to you more or less fast, this explanation have 2 parts

1- I consider a steal if stupid NRS take the kitana model and swap it to to¿anya with same mokaps cause is obviously that there is not enought effort that worthwile to buy as dlc character.

Suddenly this happened with skarlet at mk9, is sonya ´s 3d model but the good new is she is a almost and very anti generic character(in the second point i explain this other1 meaning of steal). In the case of Rain just happened the same: he had subzero model with truly proof that have noob saibot ´sfxs and certain martial animation from subzero.

Now you can see at Tremor in vita version other generic example, is stupid ninja mixed between subzero ´s model, smoke ´s animation and jax ´s animnations.
DO you know at least why tremor in mkx promise be dfferent?
well if tanya will be changed in the next days prolly you have reason, but i don´t trust in the stupid NRS ppl, specially by mr. ed "generic" boon i saw certain shots, prolly nrs will put an anti generic tanya.
point is why not different to tanya since the starts? practically is like a steal or mini fraud or swindle

2-Mention a steal under a certain urban understanding in video game comunity, is too like to say a kind of: borrow, copy, and imitate from ideas, concepts resources, animations ect ect..... too can be interpreted as a generic stuff.
Everyone know about mk1 where reptile was a generic character (first time was ok pure surprise was excelent but repeat the same trick makes troubles on mk) and just in mk2 not was the same character at moveset. practically reptile was alomst anti generince since 1994.

In conclusion still i have a certain debts with tanya ´s fans here until the release, practically did ´nt folowed anything in mk enviroments except a pic of future tanya final desing like the user is showing more above.

1- I consider a steal if stupid NRS take the kitana model and swap it to to¿anya with same mokaps cause is obviously that there is not enought effort that worthwile to buy as dlc character.

Suddenly this happened with skarlet at mk9, is sonya ´s 3d model but the good new is she is a almost and very anti generic character(in the second point i explain this other1 meaning of steal). In the case of Rain just happened the same: he had subzero model with truly proof that have noob saibot ´sfxs and certain martial animation from subzero.

Now you can see at Tremor in vita version other generic example, is stupid ninja mixed between subzero ´s model, smoke ´s animation and jax ´s animnations.
well if tanya will be changed in the next days prolly you have reason, but i don´t trust in the stupid NRS ppl, specially by mr. ed "generic" boon i saw certain shots, prolly nrs will put an anti generic tanya.
point is why not different to tanya since the starts? practically is like a steal or mini fraud or swindle

2-Mention a steal under a certain urban understanding in video game comunity, is too like to say a kind of: borrow, copy, and imitate from ideas, concepts resources, animations ect ect..... too can be interpreted as a generic stuff.
Everyone know about mk1 where reptile was a generic character (first time was ok pure surprise was excelent but repeat the same trick makes troubles on mk) and just in mk2 not was the same character at moveset. practically reptile was alomst anti generince since 1994.

In conclusion still i have a certain debts with tanya ´s fans here until the release, practically did ´nt folowed anything in mk enviroments except a pic of future tanya final desing like the user is showing more above.
You talk like Ferra Torr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'm not going to make fun of your English since obviously you're from another country, but it is very, very difficult to understand some of your points, even trying to add words you're missing in your sentences. So forgive me if the point I think you're trying to make is absolutely lost in my post since I cannot understand this post 100% of the way.

I don't get how Netherrealm is stupid but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I'm not going to go too harshly about Tanya having Kitana's pose since I've mentioned before that her original model was just a placeholder. Obviously her DLC model will be completely different. They wouldn't be that lazy since they've clearly shown with this game and 2011 that they're not lazy anymore and will work hard for each character. Yeah, 2011's DLC wasn't that interesting, at least from my perspective, and yeah, the characters had other character builds. But, this isn't 2011 anymore, this is X, where they've shown us that they're not lazy, and they've put a decent amount of effort into every single character that they have made with this game.

Again, I love when people just puts all the blame on Ed Boon and not the entire team that is in charge of creating and designing the characters. You want to know who else did that? A flucking annoying troll that no longer comes here because he/she was too stupid to actually think before typing stuff out. Please don't act like that idiotic nutcase. Boon is not the one to put the blame on if you're dissatisfied with Netherrealm Studios. You blame the entire team. Boon is just the director, he's in charge of making sure people do their jobs correctly, that is what a director does, whether they are a director of a movie or a team of animators. They are in charge of making sure people do what they need to do. If you're unhappy with how a character looks, you blame the portion of the team that is in charge of that specific area. But, since we're not just going to type out every single animator name, just say "Netherrealm Studios." Because they're the ones that made you dissatisfied in the first place, not just Boon, the whole team. Like I said, Boon is just there to direct, yeah he does programming, yeah a little motion capture, and yeah some voice acting, but in the end, he's not the one that's just doing all of the modeling.

Some might say that whole entire paragraph is just me kissing ass, but as an actual animator myself who was involved with a piss poor team during college that made a short film, I don't blame myself, I blame the entire team because they all had faults.

I may not know why you don't care for this team since you've stated that they're "dumb" and quite frankly I don't care since you're on a Mortal Kombat forum talking about Mortal Kombat, but whatever. You have problems with the team, a hell of a lot of people don't, and if this issue is basically you calling out an entire gaming company for an issue I'm not interested at all in knowing, then this complaint post of yours makes sense... From at least what I could read from it.

And no, sorry, the word "stealing" doesn't mean "borrow", "copy", those two words have completely different meaning. I've seen people use this word and try to twist its definition. You don't give words completely different meanings because you're that kind of person who literally thinks made up characters by a group of men and some women actually have stolen moves from other characters. No, again, the word "steal" means you've taken something that is not yours and keeping it. What you mean to say is that the creators of said character gave that specific character a move or two from a character that already exists. They didn't "steal" anything, nothing is "borrowed." And yeah, I'm a literal asshole when it comes to stuff like that.

You have doubts that Tanya will be good, so does the majority of her fans since they were dissatisfied with the appearance of her from the beginning. People can have doubts, no duh, but some of your reasonings, because the developers created DLC before off of other modeled characters and gave them moves that were already being used by another, you think Tanya and Tremor will be the same.

I can assure you, without and reason to distrust me, that they will be nothing like the DLC in the past. Why? The game has literally blown my head off with the amount of effort that I can see that went into every character. Yeah, the whole Tanya using Kitana's model as a placeholder is something people can be doubtful of when thinking that Netherrealm has changed. But she'll most likely not have anything similar towards another character since clearly not a single playable character has another thing way too similar with another.

Last edited:
I'm not going to make fun of your English since obviously you're from another country, but it is very, very difficult to understand some of your points, even trying to add words you're missing in your sentences. So forgive me if the point I think you're trying to make is absolutely lost in my post since I cannot understand this post 100% of the way.

I don't get how Netherrealm is stupid but everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I'm not going to go too harshly about Tanya having Kitana's pose since I've mentioned before that her original model was just a placeholder. Obviously her DLC model will be completely different. They wouldn't be that lazy since they've clearly shown with this game and 2011 that they're not lazy anymore and will work hard for each character. Yeah, 2011's DLC wasn't that interesting, at least from my perspective, and yeah, the characters had other character builds. But, this isn't 2011 anymore, this is X, where they've shown us that they're not lazy, and they've put a decent amount of effort into every single character that they have made with this game.

Again, I love when people just puts all the blame on Ed Boon and not the entire team that is in charge of creating and designing the characters. You want to know who else did that? A flucking annoying troll that no longer comes here because he/she was too stupid to actually think before typing stuff out. Please don't act like that idiotic nutcase. Boon is not the one to put the blame on if you're dissatisfied with Netherrealm Studios. You blame the entire team. Boon is just the director, he's in charge of making sure people do their jobs correctly, that is what a director does, whether they are a director of a movie or a team of animators. They are in charge of making sure people do what they need to do. If you're unhappy with how a character looks, you blame the portion of the team that is in charge of that specific area. But, since we're not just going to type out every single animator name, just say "Netherrealm Studios." Because they're the ones that made you dissatisfied in the first place, not just Boon, the whole team. Like I said, Boon is just there to direct, yeah he does programming, yeah a little motion capture, and yeah some voice acting, but in the end, he's not the one that's just doing all of the modeling.

Some might say that whole entire paragraph is just me kissing ass, but as an actual animator myself who was involved with a piss poor team during college that made a short film, I don't blame myself, I blame the entire team because they all had faults.

I may not know why you don't care for this team since you've stated that they're "dumb" and quite frankly I don't care since you're on a Mortal Kombat forum talking about Mortal Kombat, but whatever. You have problems with the team, a hell of a lot of people don't, and if this issue is basically you calling out an entire gaming company for an issue I'm not interested at all in knowing, then this complaint post of yours makes sense... From at least what I could read from it.

And no, sorry, the word "stealing" doesn't mean "borrow", "copy", those two words have completely different meaning. I've seen people use this word and try to twist its definition. You don't give words completely different meanings because you're that kind of person who literally thinks made up characters by a group of men and some women actually have stolen moves from other characters. No, again, the word "steal" means you've taken something that is not yours and keeping it. What you mean to say is that the creators of said character gave that specific character a move or two from a character that already exists. They didn't "steal" anything, nothing is "borrowed." And yeah, I'm a literal asshole when it comes to stuff like that.

You have doubts that Tanya will be good, so does the majority of her fans since they were dissatisfied with the appearance of her from the beginning. People can have doubts, no duh, but some of your reasonings, because the developers created DLC before off of other modeled characters and gave them moves that were already being used by another, you think Tanya and Tremor will be the same.

I can assure you, without and reason to distrust me, that they will be nothing like the DLC in the past. Why? The game has literally blown my head off with the amount of effort that I can see that went into every character. Yeah, the whole Tanya using Kitana's model as a placeholder is something people can be doubtful of when thinking that Netherrealm has changed. But she'll most likely not have anything similar towards another character since clearly not a single playable character has another thing way too similar with another.

"steal" in the sense of make any crime from laws of any penal code is not compatible with meaning that i have mentioned to you above.

Is common sense in really, do you know the difference between umk3 scorpion and umk3 human smoke? practically seem one of them has ripped or removed or "steals" his own moveset, is a form to say that or scorpion or human smoke has stolen the concept of same scorpion, practically a grey scorpion beyond if this character is non-cannon or not. Was a good idea no? no.

Imo in this case is an error that started in mk2 and then the same mistake is repeated in mk3, umk3 mkt and mk4, mkda mkd and the terrible mkar. Too is true that since MK4 this fever about "generic" was decreasing gradually but suddenly it´s even in 2015 makes mistakes, this persists.

Now in the commercial point of view, if tanya is not going to be almost anti generic, practically a is kitana with a new look and very few modifications, well is a form too for say that is a steal, not in the illegal sense but without any doubt a is pure fraud/con or ripoff without enought effort, cause this stupid nrs loves more the money than the art of MK, so is a form to say that is a "steal"

And about mr.boon, the most idiot of mk enviroment, yes is a director but him decides what stuff enter on game or not, his desissions across the games were a great piece of sh¡t except mk1 and mk2.......... with a bad vision of what MK means. This happen cause ed boon not has invented to mortal kombat, he was good in the coding/programming area, but across his stupid lover know as "jhon voguel" and the other stupid like himerick, Boon don´t know really about the whats mk means in concepts, story, designs, "originality", only know how code a game and always copies ideas from other franchaises (indirectly steal too), If not, go to see his stupid jason vorghess that suddenly and sadly boon not know from where he could to make an original fatality for him.

who is really stupid for make a crossover with dc? make a stupid and weirds reboots? stupid number one member in kiss the ass about this idea was him, you can not imagine the hatred that I have to Ed Boon ruining to mk since mk3 (one the worst mk game ever and funny is how he hate mkm:sz) until today in many examples posibles.

I tell you this without being a troll.

Last edited:
Was a good idea no? no.

You may not have liked that Smoke was just a palette swap of Scorpion, but others may have. Was it a good idea? To some, no, to others, meh. At the time, people were still in awe that there's this smoke-like character that has Scorpion's abilities. As time progressed, we realized that it was probably done like that out of pure laziness or just that they ran out of time, or lack of technology.

You have to remember, back in the day when they were doing live-action, they didn't have as much technology as they do now. They may have had problems trying to get Smoke the way they wanted, they probably don't. I sure as hell don't know their reasoning behind making Smoke a copy but now he's fleshed out and people like him. They may be indifferent or absolutely hate the way his hair looked like in 2011, but honestly, at this point in time it really seems that not that many care about how he started out as.

Imo in this case is an error that started in mk2 and then the same mistake is repeated in mk3, umk3 mkt and mk4, mkda mkd and the terrible mkar. Too is true that since MK4 this fever about "generic" was decreasing gradually but suddenly it´s even in 2015 makes mistakes, this persists.

Just because they've made numerous swaps doesn't mean that they're going to constantly do it now that they have the technology they've been dying to have since the beginning. You might be one of the dozens upon dozens of fans that hated the whole palette swap, but just because they've done it a lot in the past, does not mean that they're going to continuously do it in these games that has given them the chance to finally flesh out these characters for once.

Now in the commercial point of view, if tanya is not going to be almost anti generic, practically a is kitana with a new look and very few modifications, well is a form too for say that is a steal, not in the illegal sense but without any doubt a is pure fraud/con or ripoff without enought effort, cause this stupid nrs loves more the money than the art of MK, so is a form to say that is a "steal"

She is not Kitana in any way, shape or forum with the minor exception that she had her fighting stance. Is that really all that's going to take you to just completely hate all of the DLC because placeholder Tanya has Kitana's stance? You're no different than the fans that kept crying about how such and such is going to suck without even giving anything a chance during X's pre-production phase. I mean, we haven't even seen Tanya in action with all the touch ups she's received, the only thing we've seen are pictures of a bit of her fatalities and brutalities as well as a gif that shows off her select screen movement. Other than that, there's nothing on her. So why judge without even giving a chance?

And about mr.boon, the most idiot of mk enviroment, yes is a director but him decides what stuff enter on game or not, his desissions across the games were a great piece of sh¡t except mk1 and mk2.......... with a bad vision of what MK means. This happen cause ed boon not has invented to mortal kombat, he was good in the coding/programming area, but across his stupid lover know as "jhon voguel" and the other stupid like himerick, Boon don´t know really about the whats mk means in concepts, story, designs, "originality", only know how code a game and always copies ideas from other franchaises (indirectly steal too), If not, go to see his stupid jason vorghess that suddenly and sadly boon not know from where he could to make an original fatality for him.

who is really stupid for make a crossover with dc? make a stupid and weirds reboots? stupid number one member in kiss the ass about this idea was him, you can not imagine the hatred that I have to Ed Boon ruining to mk since mk3 (one the worst mk game ever and funny is how he hate mkm:sz) until today in many examples posibles.

I tell you this without being a troll.

I don't see you as a troll, but this whole last bit about your personal hatred for Boon is quite childish and reaching Sonya Bland stupidity.

It's kind of hard to sit here and not laugh at your reasoning because again, you're completely ignoring the fact that there's an entire team that gets to make decisions on what they want to put in this game and not just Boon himself. Yeah, he's the co-creator of the series, yeah, he's the director, but that doesn't mean that he is the only person that says what is in and what isn't in. I know that for a fact. Why? Because he works along with a team. A team that also gets to put in their two cents on what they want. Sure maybe not everyone gets to, but a good chunk of people do, not just Boon.

It's quite amazing how many people seriously do not understand how a team works. I get the feeling that every person that literally singles one person out amongst the entire team and just blame them and not the whole team are the kind of people who sat there in their group projects and did absolutely nothing, and one bright person in that team had the balls to go up to the teacher and call them out for their laziness. I honestly think that with most of the people who constantly feel the need to sit here and blame everything on Boon because he's the face of the company.

I also find it really freaking funny that you literally said "he doesn't know about the whats" of Mortal Kombat. A co-creator has no clue about his own creation... I have no words.

Although, seriously? We're gonna stoop to twelve year old antics by crying out that his "lover" is Vogel? How old are we exactly? Please.

I don't know why you single out Boon for making Mortal Kombat 3 when you also had Tobias amongst him as well. I'd figured he would get a lot of blame too since you're singling out one of the co-creators. So why not the other guy?

And yeah, I know, this is your opinion, this is how you feel and such. But I'm sorry, I think it's quite humorous on how you're sitting here thinking that it's Boon's fault for every single bad thing that goes on in this series and completely ignoring the fact that you have a bunch of other people, men and women, who are involved in creating this game, who also should be blamed. That one person I mentioned in my previous post happens to be banned user Sonya Bland (*gasps* Who didn't see that coming?) This person absolutely loathes Boon for a reason that has to be one of THE dumbest reasons. He/she thought that he despises Rain because Rain never gets the "fairness" that he should get in the games despite that Rain was HIS creation because it came from HIS personal taste in music. His joke. I could not tell you how many times I sat here on my ass typing away as much as I could to get this person to realize that Boon is not the person to blame for Rain's absence in the series. However, despite that the person hated me because I constantly humiliated them in every single argument they started with me, they continued to ignore calling out the entire team and instead kept saying it's Boon's fault, it's Boon's fault.

Please don't stoop to Bland's level by ignoring the fact that there's more than one person to blame for the issues that you have with the series. It's not just Boon's fault, it's a lot of people's fault.

And of course if you don't get it or choose to just ignore this then that's what I'll do from now on every time this guy gets mentioned by you.