Jason

Yes. And imagine Jason's presence were at the expense of Goro's...! Then you should able to see where many, even Shao Kahn fans, are coming from.

Satisfy the game's fans FIRST, then pander to the wider, non core audience.

I hate to tell you, but I don’t think Shao Kahn would’ve been in the roster without Jason. They want to make a game without him, that's why they put his soul in Ermac.

How cool would it be to release Freddy as a free DLC.

Korrect me if I'm wrong but I think Freddy has already been dekonfirmed.

Guest characters and non story characters are equally a bonus, but the fact of the matter is is that each character is a chunk of development time and money. This is mortal kombat, so many of us mortal kombat fans would like to see our Kabals and Noob Saibots and Rains an Smokes here in mortal kombat, the only place theyve ever existed. So when those characters dont show up, and characters from random horror movie franchises start showing up it is a little discouraging. The producers said "we have a budget for another character" and the conversation seems to have possibly moved to guests with some favorites on the table.

And i have to say the horror movie guests thing still feels left field to me. I remember before Freddy was spoiled one user said he knew it was Freddy and we all thought he was the biggest troll. I could see someone from injustice or another fighting game, or a popular action game but the rampant horror movie presence is something that just seems really random to me.

Both make valid points but I believe it was a business decision to have more guest kharacters seeing as Freddy and Scorpion did so well for MK9/Injustice.

Also, who would you add as a guest kharacter if it wasn't from a horror movie? (Just Kurious)

Guest characters and non story characters are equally a bonus, but the fact of the matter is is that each character is a chunk of development time and money. This is mortal kombat, so many of us mortal kombat fans would like to see our Kabals and Noob Saibots and Rains an Smokes here in mortal kombat, the only place theyve ever existed. So when those characters dont show up, and characters from random horror movie franchises start showing up it is a little discouraging. The producers said "we have a budget for another character" and the conversation seems to have possibly moved to guests with some favorites on the table.

And i have to say the horror movie guests thing still feels left field to me. I remember before Freddy was spoiled one user said he knew it was Freddy and we all thought he was the biggest troll. I could see someone from injustice or another fighting game, or a popular action game but the rampant horror movie presence is something that just seems really random to me.

Well for one thing, it may seem random but MK is and always has been M rated, you can't just put an E or T rated character into an M rated game...in that respect horror characters fit, blood and gore is what MK is about...it's what horror is about.

About the characters, as I said, if they wanted Rain in the game he would be...I understand the opinion that fans should come first but at the same time this is a creative vision being created by people with specific ideas, if they wanted Rain to be a part of the picture he would be, same as any other character....if they're not in, they simply did not want them.

Korrect me if I'm wrong but I think Freddy has already been dekonfirmed.

Both make valid points but I believe it was a business decision to have more guest kharacters seeing as Freddy and Scorpion did so well for MK9/Injustice.

Also, who would you add as a guest kharacter if it wasn't from a horror movie? (Just Kurious)

As i mentioned i would look at other m rated games and fighters first, inustice of course. Another user brought up though that being a gorey m rated game some companies would be uncomfortable having their characters organs pulled out through their mouths (for instance).

I guess thats why i thought kratos fit so well, but also as an immortal i could kind of see him entering the mortal kombat tournament in sort of a long shot sort of way.

Characters from killer instinct might be especially fun. Instead of horror movies, characters from kung fu or samurai movies seem a bit closer to home. To me MK has always been more Enter the Dragon than Friday the 13th.... But now that peoples organs have begun leaving their mouths its kind of tough to think of who might realistically appear as a guest and im kind of starting to see where the horror characters are coming from.

I hope Jason doesn't have the ability to run like the rest of the cast. Replace his run mechanic with Grundy's walking corpse move. So, he'll walk instead of run but he'll be able to armor through attacks taking only half damage. That would be awesome!

I hope Jason doesn't have the ability to run like the rest of the cast. Replace his run mechanic with Grundy's walking corpse move. So, he'll walk instead of run but he'll be able to armor through attacks taking only half damage. That would be awesome!

I agree, but that would be broken since the stamina meter regenerates in 2 seconds lol

I can't imagine Jason running. But since they made Freddy the way they did, I'm sure Jason will be dashing and running like normal fighters too, and it'll look so funny.

I wonder what Jason's story will be in his bio? I know guest fighters are not canon but both Kratos and Freddy had a story in their bios stating that they where both summon into the MK universe by Shao Kahn.

All i know is that everybody even the haters should respect NRS decision. NRS know what they are doing and everybody is going to benefit from this because MKX will sell incredibly good by putting the best/most iconic horror film villain in the game. PPL that dont even play games will buy it just because they are fans of Jason.This move will secure funds to keep the franchise going and everyone might get to see their favorite in a future game.
Im very excited about this, Jason is a great choice and he fits perfect and im sure they will do Jason justice. Cant wait!

Last edited:
Jason needs a run and a dash. Screw novelty, he needs to be useable for Christ's sake.

No, he doesn't. He just needs to show up :)

Seriously, I think my walking corpse idea is legit. Make him a command grab character with great normals. He'll still be able to get in on zoners with his armored walk mechanic.

In some of the Friday the 13th movies Jason walked so fast he was practically running, he's not quite as slow and deliberate as Michael Myers.

No, he doesn't. He just needs to show up :)

Seriously, I think my walking corpse idea is legit. Make him a command grab character with great normals. He'll still be able to get in on zoners with his armored walk mechanic.

And against characters like Torr what? He just gets free armor all day? There's no need for that super gimmicky shit, just make him a normal fighter. It isn't that weird to picture him running. He's Jason not Steven Hawking.

And against characters like Torr what? He just gets free armor all day? There's no need for that super gimmicky shit, just make him a normal fighter. It isn't that weird to picture him running. He's Jason not Steven Hawking.

If he's going to be in a game, he should at least have some unique stuff. It would be lame to see him play like everyone else. Even injustice Scorpion had a wacky move set.