Jason

Yeah, Jason is a super weird choice, just like when Freddy was. Freddy played fantastically, though, i cant argue with that.

The notion of guest characters only bothers me when some of my favorites are still missing from the roster, which quite a few are, and its compounded when that character is a shitty choice.

I liked kratos, though

We'll need to see how he plays, but for the most part the Friday the 13th movies are pretty shit and Jason is a hollow character.

I'd love to have Predator (where did those rumours originate, by the way?) but I guess if it's an issue of FOX vs. WB and loads of $$$ then it probably won't happen.

It's the Warner Bros. partnership that made this bs possible. The novelty of Jason will wear off pretty quick if there isn't enough move set to keep players going back to select him. I am on #teamPredator because that character would've been the better fit. I guess the rice tag to get him was either to high or Boon just went the cheap and easy route.

Sega also has the video game rights to Predator as well. NRS would have to work things out with both Fox and Sega. Activision was able to have Predator be used in Call of Duty: Ghost by working things out with those companies.

Jason is a pretty good choice for a guest character. Could there be better ones? Yes! Nonetheless he really fits in and he’s a character quite a few fans wanted to see in a MK game. It’s just too bad that he and Freddy aren’t in the same game.

The only issue I have with him is that he’s not that unique among the horror movie serial killers. Ghostface, Jason, Michael Myers… they are all guys in dark cloths who hide their faces behind masks and murder people by stabbing them with pointy objects. Freddy really stands out with his red-green sweater, fedora and the ability to murder people in their dreams.

Last edited:
A lot of people, doesnt know a sh&t about Jason.
He have around 12 movies. and people thinks he cant have a good moveset or variations?..
Jason fights (or kind of) in freddy vs jason. He is not a quick character, is a grappler. Like Abel in Street Fighter VI, or Bane on Injustice.

Im actually satisfied with this, im a jason fan, when they announce Freddy for MK9 i was upset they chose him over Jason so in a way this is not a surprise,i knew there was a big chance he would be the guest next game. They better make kristal Lake stage, deadwoods fits him but i rather have them showing the Lake with the summer camp cabins and forrest in the background, im hyped for this.

Do you think if Jason is to have an Alternate costume, do you think itll be his Jason X one?
It'd be cool if he had an alternate but it would be even better for him to have his own Crystal lake stage as someone wrote earlier.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I really, really hope DLC characters get a few alt. costumes this time around, and especially Goro. It's a crying shame Rain never got an old school MK ninja costume in MK9. :(

JASON from part 7, is the most baddast looks ever.
Jason X is a joke, but it can work...You know. MKX, JASON X...it works.
JASON SACK From part 2.

I read that jason just stabs ppl.

Not true. His Fatalities are one of the reasons why im excited for this he has some of the most brutal and creative kills. It would be awesome if they give him unique enviroment fatalities.

I do agree with some moves looking silly like someone mentioned jumping and kickin, his air attacks should be machete slashes.

I know its not part of his kharacter but they should give him a Rage variation where he can do fast powerful kombos.

One variation based on armor moves where he eats up projetciles and does like chip damage. It would be epic if he gets that stunned animationed like in the movies when they shoot him.

And due to his lack of zoning and speed they should give him a teleport across all variation but it should be a counter move like mk9 Smoke.

I can understand why some people are disappointed and they have a right to be, I know I would be if a guest character I didn't care about made it in over a classic MK character.
Yes. And imagine Jason's presence were at the expense of Goro's...! Then you should able to see where many, even Shao Kahn fans, are coming from.

Satisfy the game's fans FIRST, then pander to the wider, non core audience.

Why do people assume a guest character means a character got cut for it? Chances are...they finished the roster THEY wanted, THEN chose a guest character...if a character didn't make the cut it isn't because of no room it was because they didn't write them into the story/want them in a game, guest characters are bonuses the way I see it that in no way effect the game if you choose not to play as them.

Why do people assume a guest character means a character got cut for it? Chances are...they finished the roster THEY wanted, THEN chose a guest character...if a character didn't make the cut it isn't because of no room it was because they didn't write them into the story/want them in a game, guest characters are bonuses the way I see it that in no way effect the game if you choose not to play as them.

Guest characters and non story characters are equally a bonus, but the fact of the matter is is that each character is a chunk of development time and money. This is mortal kombat, so many of us mortal kombat fans would like to see our Kabals and Noob Saibots and Rains an Smokes here in mortal kombat, the only place theyve ever existed. So when those characters dont show up, and characters from random horror movie franchises start showing up it is a little discouraging. The producers said "we have a budget for another character" and the conversation seems to have possibly moved to guests with some favorites on the table.

And i have to say the horror movie guests thing still feels left field to me. I remember before Freddy was spoiled one user said he knew it was Freddy and we all thought he was the biggest troll. I could see someone from injustice or another fighting game, or a popular action game but the rampant horror movie presence is something that just seems really random to me.