So, Goro is a generic character now?

Again people are still over using the word generic.If the ninja's are generic then by your logic they would all look the same.So scorpion and subzero have the same outfit on except for the color by your use of the word generic. [MENTION=10718]DeBane[/MENTION]. You should probably see what the word generic means instead of just using it to describe something you don't like .

"Hereeeee's JOHNNY!!!!"

Again people are still over using the word generic.If the ninja's are generic then by your logic they would all look the same.So scorpion and subzero have the same outfit on except for the color by your use of the word generic.
Perhaps you should take that up with those who call SHAO KAHN "generic" (see: my 'Never Any Love For Shao Kahn' thread).

[MENTION=10718]DeBane[/MENTION] is troll, can confirm. He's made three threads so far: whining about Shao Kahn not being back in the game, whining about the A.I. being shit probably possibly he doesn't know since MKX isn't out yet, and whining about Goro being balanced.

Please not to feed the troll.

Dude is pretty funny though. Trolling for laughs is a lost art on this forum. Most of the trolls we have now just post effortless shit-opinions to try and get people pissed.

Goro has not been hard since the first MK. They will balance Goro to fit in with the rest of the characters. I honestly think they might give him a Kintaro variation. They pretty much made them both mirrors of each other in MK 9, besides Kintaro having stripes and fur. I think they did not make them unique enough. To me Kintaro should have been much larger than Goro and more ferocious, while I feel Goro should have been more of trained warrior with fighting technique. Goro is pretty awesome in the comic though, despite a certain outcome, he is pretty bad ass.

Quan Chi was retconned into their stories but he still played no part in the first three (three and a half?) games. In Mortal Kombat 9 he was EVERYWHERE in the story and really stole the spotlight from more deserving characters. If they were going for nostalgia by making the bosses unplayable, adding Quan Chi in contradicts that reasoning.

The point still stands that he was retconned into the MK1 thru UMK3 era, during MKM: SZ.
Thus, Quan Chi being on the MK9 roster isn't out of the ordinary, IMO.
Quan Chi wasn't a sub-boss or boss in MK4 and was a regular playable roster character, though, which followed the MKM: SZ retcon of him being in the MK1 thru UMK3 era, and being the 1 responsible for the whole Sub-Zero / Scorpion feud.

I am looking forward to seeing how Goro plays, but I am worried that he will have been massively nerfed so as to balance him in competitive play. Goro and Kintaro were great old-school bosses because they dealt more damage than normal characters and were extremely deadly up close, but suffered to some extent when it came to mobility and being flanked.

I don't know what his variants will be, but I hope at least one of them gives him some MK1-style heavy hitting physical attacks, but lacks projectiles and perhaps some speed.

I guess he'll have fire and teleport jumping again?

I love his look. I dont know if its something they've done before but i like how his lower arms are a tad smaller than his upper arms.

Now, after having seen how Goro plays, I have to say he seems somewhat stronger than the rest of the cast, but he doesn't seem 'Goro strong'. That is, his leap / stomp does little damage; his 'walking punches' feel powerful but inflict like only 17% (?) pain; his projectile iteration seems like it will be redundant given how much faster others throw their wares...

Another thing: has Goro shrunk? He looks smaller than in the past... I also think they got lazy with his X-ray attack -- shiatsu joint-cracking... really? :???:

I'll still use the guy, just because of his heritage and for the want of Shao Kahn. But facing this iteration of the character doesn't fill me with dread as it did in past instalments.