Liu Kang tweets

Kool! Do you think he's gonna be a zombie... again?

I don't think so. NRS made that mistake once. I'm sure they won't make it again. I still have a feeling someone like Quan Chi is gonna bring him back to life if he's dead and talk him into turning against the good guys. Or he might just be super hurt, and Quan Chi healing him under one condition, joining their side. I say that because the way the plot looks, I doubt the boss with be Liu Kang. But again I might be wrong, lol. I don't want to act like these know it alls.

u wot m8

Final boss cunfirmd

i fckin mosh ur fce m9. i swer on mi mum ru kng iz no bozz.

They might tweak him a little but I agree

At least we finally got some hints Liu Kang is coming back lol.

I don't think so. NRS made that mistake once. I'm sure they won't make it again. I still have a feeling someone like Quan Chi is gonna bring him back to life if he's dead and talk him into turning against the good guys. Or he might just be super hurt, and Quan Chi healing him under one condition, joining their side. I say that because the way the plot looks, I doubt the boss with be Liu Kang. But again I might be wrong, lol. I don't want to act like these know it alls.

i fckin mosh ur fce m9. i swer on mi mum ru kng iz no bozz.

At least we finally got some hints Liu Kang is coming back lol.
I admit its good to see his name pop up in tweets from ed. I was fiending lol

That last tweet made me laugh a bit. I dunno why but these replies from Boon are probably the funniest I've seen throughout these last few months.

hoesly i dont think he the bad guy sure he might be still pissed of at raiden for what he did last game but is that enough to turn bad

That first tweet kinda had me a little excited but I had to remember to calm down and wait for it to be official :)

Hey dudes hear me out on this what if and when i say if i mean a BIG IF(Im also not saying i want this to happen). If liu is a playable character how would you feel if they do a kitana and give him a variation based on another character *coughbo'raichocough*

Hell yea ! Still waiting for this reveal

As much as people hate him . You cant shake the fact he's still technically the immortal champion of mk, even after his "death" nd the main character

This is more proof than any of Boon's tweets:

I'm betting he's a vengeful fire god and probably the final boss (still playable, of course).

This is more proof than any of Boon's tweets:

I'm betting he's a vengeful fire god and probably the final boss (still playable, of course).

i mean boot 3 got be liu kang nobody were shaolin shoes then liu kang but im iffy on him being the final boss are we sure he the bad bad

Last edited:

As much as people hate him . You cant shake the fact he's still technically the immortal champion of mk, even after his "death" nd the main character

If the champ loses ANY fight after winning a tournament, they're stripped of their immortality.

Yeah, people hate to hate lol. In MK:D, his soul was running around Outworld. Maybe that applies for his soul?

this would be cool song for him when he retuns

That'd be a bad ass song. Better than a generic metal song lol.

I highly doubt he's gonna be a god in this game. Unless you have legit proof from the comics and story trailer, i'll be a believer. The whole thing of Liu Kang being a god is too random and sudden for NRS studios not to build it. It's the Earthrealm's champion coming back to life, for crying out loud. Another reason why f!r3 g0d ru kng most likely won't happen is RAIDEN IS STILL THERE AND THERE ISN'T A LOT OF SIGNs OF SHANG TSUNG(besides the Gamestop thing) IN THIS GAME. How exactly is Liu Kang gonna be a f!r4 gd? The only way I can see him turning into a f!r3 g0d is him stealing the amulet and losing control of his powers.

EDIT:
Why would NRS make a boss character playable? Lol. If he's a playable f!r3 g0d, then I'll be okay with that. Expect it's still gonna make me cringe lol.

Why would NRS make a boss character playable? Lol. If he's a playable f!r3 g0d, then I'll be okay with that. Expect it's still gonna make me cringe lol.
People need to get it out of their heads about unplayable bosses. I believe they only did that in MK9 for nostalgia reasons because that's the way it was back then. But look here: playable Goro. Injustice's boss was playable.

And unplayable bosses have a tendency of being unplayable when they are big brutes (Goro, Shao Kahn, Motaro, Moloch), while normal-sized bosses have been playabke (Shinnok, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi). Last I checked, Liu falls in the latter camp.

And it would be a huge dick punch to have one of the most popular and iconic characters in the game, but unplayable. There would be a lot of backlash over it.

Bottom line: If Liu Kang is a boss, he'll be playable. And I expect he is, whether he is a fire god or a corrupted soul or something else altogether.