Liu Kang tweets

According to the wikia page. The mortal kombat champion is granted stunted aging and immortality until the next tournament. In the new timeline liu kang won both tournaments. The invasion wasnt actually an tournament so that doesnt count in the new timeline. So technically liu kang is still the reigning champion. It didnt mention anything about a champions death though
EXACTLY, in the original timeline Liu Kang was 24 through mk1-4 , he was actually watching his friends age, technically they can add him back to the story as a young monk around the age of Cassie's group if they wanted if the mk 4 tournament is around the 15-25 yr mark since he shouldn't be aging. Cassie I assume is at least 23 same with Jacqui. ..Kung jin and Takeda are stated to be mid 20s

He can be playable and the final boss. Boss version is an unplayable super version though. Makes sense.

Then again I hate Baraka,Mileena,Shang Tsung, and Quan chi :zzz: Lol. But if there's one thing Mkx does amazingly is the animations nd moves...Now I can tolerate playing as Quan ,so lets hope sum added Bruce Lee flair will help

what are you guys predtions for his vartions?

Jeet Kune Do is a versatile style (check Jann Lee from DOA) they can do so much with it .

Definitely one revolving around trapping, nd parries, maybe added teleports

Another one with added combo enders similar to Bruce Lee and One focusing on his inner Dragon ( I swear he should have black mettalic scales over his burnt sides, like a New Age Onaga).

This game is working with a great fight team( LBPstunts: Mk9,injustice, mkx) and I noticed Kung Lao using Mantis style ,Shaolin Fist, and Wushu just from his win pose, whats to say Liu Kang cnt use elementsof Jkd, Drunken fist(Bo'raicho) and monkey?(Shaolin Monks)..... sorry I talk alot lol

Eh, who cares. I'm just glad we have Liu Kang back. If they make this dumb fire god Liu Kang, at least make him good.

Liu Kang will surely be back. I have the same gut feeling like I had when waiting for Kitana's reveal.

Eh, who cares. I'm just glad we have Liu Kang back. If they make this dumb fire god Liu Kang, at least make him good.

I legit said the same thing to myself when I was brushing my teeth yesterday morning lol..... by the way I was looking at that pic again and you know what.... If that is indeed Liu Kang it looks like he is wearing something similar to what fujin is rocking in the MKX comic

He can be playable and the final boss. Boss version is an unplayable super version though. Makes sense.

Yeah.
If Injustice did it with Superman and Shang Tsung was a playable sub-boss in MK9 with more morphing options than the regular playable Shang Tsung, then they can do the same if Liu Kang is the final boss

What they really need to do is reveal Liu Kang doing his bicycle kick to the tune of Queen's Bicycle.

You, sir, are awesome. :laugh:

I can just see it now:
♪♫♪♫ Biiiiiiiiiiiicycle Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicycle ♫♪♫♪♪♫
"gobble gobble gobble gobble gobble" *does bicycle kicks*

Ah man... I can't wait haha!

If he's back as evil god, he'll finish Raiden in a second.

But if he's back as himself, I imagine the dialogue will go like this:

LK: "Traitor!"
LK: *shoots fireball at Raiden*
LK: "Do you have any idea what you have done? What you have caused?"
Raiden: "I... I know how you feel, Liu Kang. I..."
LK: "You know how I feel? Really? You have no idea what I am feeling right now, Thunder God. Is this still even your rightful status after everything you have done? After everything you have destroyed?
Raiden: "... am sorry. Forgive me, Liu Kang. Please. We must move on and fight the greater threat. Shinnok has..."
LK: "Shinnok? The only threat here, Raiden, is you. You clearly cannot see what your actions can cause. Why do you think I should be concerned with something you are responsible for? Why should I again be your puppet?!"
Raiden: "Because if you do not help us, the world as we know it shall be destroyed. Shinnok has escaped and is attempting to seize control of all the realms, including our own."
LK: *looks around*
LK: "And what is there left to save? Look around, Raiden. The world is already in ruins. How much worse can it get?"
Raiden: "Liu Kang, please."
LK: "Enough of this. I have helped you too many times and what is the result? I am done with saving the world. Now it's your turn!"
LK: *walks away*

People assume if he's fire God Liu Kang that he'll have that outfit and not something new.

If we get that version, I'd be expecting some new bad ass outfit.

People assume if he's fire God Liu Kang that he'll have that outfit and not something new.

If we get that version, I'd be expecting some new bad ass outfit.

He'll probably look like Red Raiden. Like he did in his MK9 ending.

I honestly hope he is Fire God LK, though. I always found him a bit basic in previous MK titles. I hope he has a sort of Martial Artist stance (Bicycle Kick and stuff), a Fire God stance (All the fireballs that give him a Zone game), and Vengeance stance (Where he has martial arts counters and stuff).

For him to become a god, won't be that easy. Only through story he will become a god of something.

He needs the Elder Gods to be recognized and empowered as a god.

Dying and coming back angry will not grant him this status.

Calling it now. "Fire god Liu Kang" will not be in MKX, not as a playable character nor a boss. I'll go on to make a super bold claim: that version of him won't even be mentioned in anything aside from that previous ending.

Calling it now. "Fire god Liu Kang" will not be in MKX, not as a playable character nor a boss. I'll go on to make a super bold claim: that version of him won't even be mentioned in anything aside from that previous ending.

that what was he wearing in that tower then if that him?

He needs the Elder Gods to be recognized and empowered as a god.

Dying and coming back angry will not grant him this status.

Good point.

Maybe Raiden is doing something that upsets the elder gods, so they give Liu Kang god status in order to kill and replace him.

Spoiler:
Maybe it has something to do with him cutting himself with the dagger. He seemed rather angry in the latest comic preview. Maybe Raiden has finally had enough of the elder gods bullshit, so they recruit god Liu Kang to protect them.