Liu Kang tweets

People need to get it out of their heads about unplayable bosses. I believe they only did that in MK9 for nostalgia reasons because that's the way it was back then. But look here: playable Goro. Injustice's boss was playable.

And unplayable bosses have a tendency of being unplayable when they are big brutes (Goro, Shao Kahn, Motaro, Moloch), while normal-sized bosses have been playabke (Shinnok, Shang Tsung and Quan Chi). Last I checked, Liu falls in the latter camp.

And it would be a huge dick punch to have one of the most popular and iconic characters in the game, but unplayable. There would be a lot of backlash over it.

Bottom line: If Liu Kang is a boss, he'll be playable.
Perfectly put, i dont know why people suddenly forgot that boon said he wanted playable bosses. And like you, said liu wont be some big brute, and the final boss in injustice was playable

If we do get anti hero/evil Liu Kang he'll be ripe for the variation system. All those godly powers split up so he finally gets something new without becoming overpowered for vs play. That is unless Sindel is the big bad and kills everyone again near the end of the story. Wouldn't that be a fine 'twist' lol.

I wouldn't mind seeing Liu Kang in MKX, he's one of my favorites. I got so many rage quits online in MK9 with B3 shenanigans, lol. If he makes the roster I hope his strings are just as powerful and annoying to deal with as before.

let me tell every liu kang hater out there liu kang will always be the heart and soul of every mortal kombat game even deadly alience game when he not there two ending even mention him and once of the reason the deadly alience was formed was because of him

If Liu Kang becomes our final boss then I hope he is not playable. I don't know why they would make him playable since MK hardly has playable bosses. Making bosses playable means that they are too OP or water down makes them feel less of a boss. MK1 Shang Tsung, MK2-MK3 Shoa Kahn, Onaga, Dark Kahn and MK9 Shao Kahn were unplayable. I can see MKX being the same as well with their final boss.

If Liu Kang becomes our final boss then I hope he is not playable. I don't know why they would make him playable since MK hardly has playable bosses. Making bosses playable means that they are too OP or water down makes them feel less of a boss. MK1 Shang Tsung, MK2-MK3 Shoa Kahn, Onaga, Dark Kahn and MK9 Shao Kahn were unplayable. I can see MKX being the same as well with their final boss.
Ok quan chi and shang tsung were playable in MKDA
Shinnok was playable in mk4
Blaze was playable in mka
Whats your point? you say that statement as if mk hasnt executed that idea before. The last game nrs made the boss was playable

If the champ loses ANY fight after winning a tournament, they're stripped of their immortality.

Liu Kang was undefeated Mk 1-4 then was killed by Shang. In mk2011 he only won twice then was "killed' by raiden. .. so death outside of Mortal Kombat tournaments revoke the tilte? I kno in Deadly Allaince his soul was absorbed by Shang so that explains why he couldnt automatically reunite with his body,but i figured since it wasnt an actual tournament the title still stands

Liu Kang was undefeated Mk 1-4 then was killed by Shang, in mk2011 he only won twice then was "killed' by raiden. .. so death outside of Mortal Kombat tournaments revoke the tilte? I kno in Deadly Allaince his soul was absorbed by Shang so that explains why he couldnt automatically reunite with his body

Exactly. That's why the Shaolin were the primary contenders in the tournaments until the 9th one when Raiden got desperate for recruits.

The Shaolin are taught to avoid fighting at all costs so that they can participate in the next tournament with their non-aaging intact.

People need to get it out of their heads about unplayable bosses. I believe they only did that in MK9 for nostalgia reasons because that's the way it was back then. But look here: playable Goro.

Who ever said that Goro has to be a sub-boss in MKX, though?
He wasn't a ladder sub-boss in the PS2 and Xbox version of Deception, and he was still playable as an exclusive in the Gamecube version, along with Shao Kahn.

As far as Liu Kang is concerned, it's been SOOOO painfully obvious to me since the German GamePro article "rumor," that NRS planned to have the Original 7 all back for MKX.

I don't really care if bosses are playable or not, in my opinion I feel like they shouldn't be playable but it's really whatever.

Exactly. That's why the Shaolin were the primary contenders in the tournaments until the 9th one when Raiden got desperate for recruits.

The Shaolin are taught to avoid fighting at all costs so that they can participate in the next tournament with their non-aaging intact.

Since when was that a thing I'm kinda rusty on the rules

Bout time we got some Liu Kang tweets.
The question was never "Is Liu gonna be in MKX" because thats a given, in my opinion...

The question was and still is, "Is he the BIG BAD?" And I still think he could be. Time will tell I guess...

Also the Meme pic with Bolo was funny, and better be SO TRUE! Lol

Ok quan chi and shang tsung were playable in MKDA
Shinnok was playable in mk4
Blaze was playable in mka
Whats your point? you say that statement as if mk hasnt executed that idea before. The last game nrs made the boss was playable

That's three bosses that where playable. MK has more unplayable bosses. Yeah Injustice did had a playable boss but that was Injustice. This is Mortal Kombat, different game with different rules.

Perfectly put, i dont know why people suddenly forgot that boon said he wanted playable bosses. And like you, said liu wont be some big brute, and the final boss in injustice was playable

Ed Boon said that he wants them playable to a certain degree. If our final boss is not playable then we might play as him/her in a tower mission.

Doing research, give me a while I gotta go to work in an hour but I KNOW I saw/heard it somewhere.
According to the wikia page. The mortal kombat champion is granted stunted aging and immortality until the next tournament. In the new timeline liu kang won both tournaments. The invasion wasnt actually an tournament so that doesnt count in the new timeline. So technically liu kang is still the reigning champion. It didnt mention anything about a champions death though

Im sure if Liu Kang is in ill get over and still enjoy the game but i would REALLY REALLY REALLY like it if he was playable in the game!