Sub-Zero's moveset

Cryo

I hope you can help me with this, I haven't been able to spot a screen of his moveset, in the last streams where the hosts quitted the fight we would be able to see the characters moveset, i don't know if this happened with Sub-Zero, if it did please link me to a video or where this happens.

Well I'm trying to figure out his special moves hope you can help me.

Universal moves
Ice ball
Lin Kuei slide

Cryomancer moves
Hammer
Ice sword strings

Unbreakable moves
Ice shield
Frost armor

Grandmaster
Ice clone
Ice clone explotion/toss

Last edited:
just hope they fixed that horrible X-ray of his, if they completely revamped Raiden's then I hope they did his as well.

I think u good, the cryomancer I believe thats the one he summons ice weapon and does the Hammer drop.

Cryomancer has a unique throw animation, overhead hammer special and an aerial move where he drops from the sky with his hammer (His coolest looking move by far)

I think he also has some ice sword attacks too, but I think those are chains and normals, not specials.

I think Unbreakable will do it for me. I hate the mask though, sadly it has the worst outfit modification.

so far i'm not really impressed by his fighting style. his strings leave much to be desired. he really doesn't seem like an adequate opponent for scorpion. scorpion is so fast, fluid and dynamic, his strings and style says "ninja". Sub-zero's fighting style says "scorpion beats me...and i have ice powers". I liked how he fought in the cgi trailer it really seemed very cool and very "martial arts" his strings now seem like they were heavily influenced by his MKDA-MKD styles of shotokan, dragon and kori blade. I'm not really feeling it so far. I think his basic combo strings need to be re though out. his "ice hammer" (?) doesnt seem too like an assassin to me, looks really slow and clunky. I love his design, I love his new "fighting stance" but overall I think they could have done a lot better as the "tone" of how he fights. Some will say "he's a punish/ tank/ defense blah, blah, blah.... but i feel like he should have spent more time on the design table. seems like he got all the moves they knew scorpion could exploit. Just my opinion. everyone else in the game looks great, especially Raiden's new fighting style and Kung lao, I find myself very drawn to their speed pacing and overall visual appeal when in motion, sub-zero.....not so much and he has always been one of my favorites

I think this is the best Sub-Zero we've ever gotten. Just look at his ice ball, this Sub is such a powerful cryomancer than her throws it with one hand. Every one before him used two. He coats his body with armor, creates new weapons and can detonate his ice clone like C4. He destroys anyone who ever held the name "Sub-Zero" before him.

I think this is the best Sub-Zero we've ever gotten. Just look at his ice ball, this Sub is such a powerful cryomancer than her throws it with one hand. Every one before him used two. He coats his body with armor, creates new weapons and can detonate his ice clone like C4. He destroys anyone who ever held the name "Sub-Zero" before him.

oh yeah, I think he's cool. I just think his basic fighting style could have been a little more Martial Art influenced. Just seems to he should have have been more inspired by more rigid, powerful martial arts like kyokushin karate seeing as he is supposed to be a "power character".

MK1 Sub-Zero will always be my favorite followed by MKX then MK2.

but MKX Sub is the best in terms of design and he has great looking moves, my only gripe is his weak X-Ray and Fatality.

Does anyone have a video of him using the frost armor? I love Sub-Zero but I hate that his special novelist is so short again.

Well, if you ask me I think Sub-zero looks cool and is fighting style is great but, is special are the worst. Ice ball incredible slow, no new powers, just divided between the 3 variations. Teleport characters are incredible fast and very difficult to predict, and they can spam teleports all the time. Sub-Zero as no counter to that. The ice shield in Unbreakable only protects I'm from the front... so you will spend all the time pressing the block button. The ice shield doesn't even block scorpion spear... the spear goes through the ice barrier... does that make any sense??? In UNBRAKABLE variation??

Almost all characters have Anti air moves, Sub-Zero doesn't.
Many characters have air to air specials, Sub doesn't
The only special that has been upgraded is the slide witch is much faster now.

Scorpion and kano have received all the upgrades that they manage to think and others like Sub-Zero are left with this type of treatment....

Well, if you ask me I think Sub-zero looks cool and is fighting style is great but, is special are the worst. Ice ball incredible slow, no new powers, just divided between the 3 variations. Teleport characters are incredible fast and very difficult to predict, and they can spam teleports all the time. Sub-Zero as no counter to that. The ice shield in Unbreakable only protects I'm from the front... so you will spend all the time pressing the block button. The ice shield doesn't even block scorpion spear... the spear goes through the ice barrier... does that make any sense??? In UNBRAKABLE variation??

Almost all characters have Anti air moves, Sub-Zero doesn't.
Many characters have air to air specials, Sub doesn't
The only special that has been upgraded is the slide witch is much faster now.

Scorpion and kano have received all the upgrades that they manage to think and others like Sub-Zero are left with this type of treatment....

Sub zero ice clone is pretty good counter against teleports, and is an amazing AA assuming it works like his clone in MK9. Imo, the reason why I loved Sub in MK9 was because his clone cuts down on alot of the chaos that can go on in MK. You can't just do what you want against sub zero you have to respect his option to plant a clone.

My favorite mortal combat is MK1 and sub zeros fatality move is the coolest in the game. He also has the best projectile move.