Reptile got the shaft, again.

There should be an achievement for getting a double flawless against a noxious reptile in a ranked match.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I think the character is okay, and his core move set is pretty decent.

My problem is that he is the embodiment of my concern with this variation system. Some characters have pretty interesting and heavily differentiated sets. Reptile is the opposite of that. The same core move set with ONE differing move in each.

The more I see, the more it seems like variations are just divided up special moves. Why not just give the characters all of those moves and you just play the character how you want.

Now, mind you, this is just passive observation. The reality might be completely different when I actually get to play the game. They did make mention that the variations also have different combo sets for some characters.

I am glad they decided to take that pathetic mask he had in 2011 away from him and just gave him a face. I don't have a problem with the way he looks whatsoever. I like the new moves they gave him, it suits him and I certainly cannot wait to get my hands on his noxious variation.

Don't think he's going to get the shitty end of the stick with this game. Not one of these characters that we've seen has been shown, despite many would say Ferra/Torr. I disagree. They did a great job with him. His appearance kinda reminds me of an old concept I drew just for fun a year ago. Made him covered in bamboo and dino skulls.

I can agree with you for the most part.

I adore Reptile, always will, but his face bugs me to no end. It's understandable that he isn't meant to be attractive, but I think he looks full retard. At some angles, he looks great, but when I saw his intro versus Kotal, I went from awe to WTF. He looks ri-damn-diculous when he speaks, but the mask completely fixes that. Another thing that kind of irks me is the way his force balls look. I thought they looked really cool in MK9, now they just look like coagulating snot bubbles.

His fatality? I won't even comment. His X-Ray, I can settle with, but they really could have gone above and beyond, as with various other things I won't rant about. I actually really like your thought process on it by the way.

I usually refrain from complaining because I'm so grateful for the game, but it's whatever. Reptile is an instant main.

Why not just give the characters all of those moves and you just play the character how you want.
Balance.

MKX would be an utterly broken mess if every character had all the tools from their variations at once.

...Which is what makes Reptile kinda scary. He has all his tools in every variation and just gets added chip damage, crazy 50/50s, or potentially insane extended combos, depending on your variation of choice. There's no trade-off with him. Everything is free.

And it's easier to learn as a whole. You can switch variations at will without needing to change your combos.

Last edited:
The more I see, the more it seems like variations are just divided up special moves. Why not just give the characters all of those moves and you just play the character how you want.

Because then you get characters like Martian Manhunter from Injustice who has too many tools.

I have a funny feeling the Noxious variation will be banned from tournaments. That sure looks broken to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Solomon Grundy had the same thing and he wasn't banned. He didn't always have it active, but it was a really quick move and easy to get off at almost any time. It's strong, but not broken.

Now that I think about match ups.... Noxious should be good against Kotal Kahn. Nimble will be good against Kitana and zoning characters.

Because then you get characters like Martian Manhunter from Injustice who has too many tools.

Martian Manhunter, and MK9 Kung Lao.

Looks like an attempt at making him handsome, which is completely wrong for Reptile. You're not a bad artist, though.

That's my impression of those who want him to look a bit like MK4, honestly. This is the first time I enjoy him since UMK3. He looks great and as he should - that is, like a friggin' ugly member of this reptilian race. He isn't supposed to be handsome or something acceptable, and at the same time he isn't supposed to look like a dumb dinosaur (MK DA). At least he looks unique now.

I'm glad that they're making him look odd. He's a reptilian person from some exotic outworld place

Actually saurians evolved from dinosaurs on Earthrrealm but they escaped to Zaterra when a war between Elder Gods almost wiped all of them out.

He looks amazing! Yes his fatality looks rather lame and his variations seem uninspired in my opinion. I have a feeling I'll just be picking deceptive because with his large moveset and invisibility. He will be the complete Reptile package from MK9.

Sidenote: I thought maybe they were going to use his tongue in one of his variations. After seeing him use it in his grab then it practically wrote itself in the game....so i thought!

his names reptile though.. shouldnt he..you know.. look like a reptile? and not some tree stump ninja scarecrow papa shango voodoo doll

mkx reptile papa2.jpg

Attachments

• mkx reptile papa.jpg
    mkx reptile papa.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 61
lol im not gonna front, his face does bothers me, and it sucks that his best variation is the maskless one.

They should give him this special he uses in storymode of MK9, where he destroys the bullets of Stryker and Kabal with a wall of acid mist.

Such a projectile destroyer would be cool in mkx

Anyway, I can't stand that some people really want the Scorpion-Clone back again or a human, while we have more humans already.

TBH, I like his alternate costume better and I'm very disappointed some of the concept art designs won't make it. His primary is... I dunno... I just find it so stereotypically boring. Get more creative. Also, his unmasked face looks like a grandma with no teeth.

I like his design, his gameplay and variations and how they aren't very different and i also like his x ray move... It looks very spiffy imo.
But his fatality with very clean cut head split was not fitting.

What did they do to my favourite character. They don't have to make him look handsome. But they could at least make it, not look like he just stuffed the worlds most sour candy in his mouth. Plus his eyes are looking in different directions lol.

Sorry not my best grammar, just had my wisdom teeth cut out 6 hours ago.

reptile.jpg

The only thing that "bothers" me is the jaw area. I don't know how to put it in words, it just looks... well, sort of like a skull. If they fixed that, I personally think he would look absolutely great. His eyes being in different directions add a lot to his character, really. It doesn't have to be like human eyes. He's not human.