Reptile got the shaft, again.

I haven't read all of this thread, so I don't have a good sense of the general reaction to Reptile, but personally I think this is by far the best he's ever been. So much so that I'm thinking he might be the first character I use coming out of the gate, even before my typical favorites Mileena, Kitana and Kung Lao. I love his noxious variation and his look. The variation where he adds speed and agility looks great as well, though I do think that it needs to last just a bit longer given the time it take him to make the transformation. The invisibility variation doesn't appeal to me, admittedly. That said, he has a large stable of effective (looking) base moves which to me makes he pretty damn dangerous when combined with the noxious variation.

Reptile is better in this game. I didn't like him in mk9 he was rather meh. But hes faster in this game with more moves and a better design. I just hate that ugly unmasked look with his invisible variation. And finally he can talk. Only bad thing is he will be a lackey once again.

The old timeline fed directly into the new timeline by virtue of Raiden sending visions to his past self right when MK1 started. And because the time travel was only to the start of MK1, everything that happened before it has been retcon-proofed for all eternity. Period, end of discussion.

The retcon happened when the amulet cracked during the MK1 part of MK9.
From there on out, the timeline changed and skewed, and the original MK1 thru MK: A events are irrelevant. :-D

If its a playable character i dont think they should be relegated to lackey status. Its sad to see that with Reptile, Baraka, and Ermac. They should have goals and rivalries and key moments like any other character. Reptile isnt my favorite but im sympathetic to the notion that he always gets the backseat.

Reptile is better in this game. I didn't like him in mk9 he was rather meh. But hes faster in this game with more moves and a better design. I just hate that ugly unmasked look with his invisible variation. And finally he can talk. Only bad thing is he will be a lackey once again.
He talked in MK4 and Deception as well.

If its a playable character i dont think they should be relegated to lackey status. Its sad to see that with Reptile, Baraka, and Ermac. They should have goals and rivalries and key moments like any other character. Reptile isnt my favorite but im sympathetic to the notion that he always gets the backseat.
Some story line progressions take forever with even more regular characters such as Scorpion.
Raiden knows Reptile's true name and would know much more about him, such as he's fighting for the wrong things.
Perhaps Raiden might convince him to fight for Earthrealm by telling him the truth in the next game!

The Dark-Horse

Reptile's always been under-appreciated, even though he's clearly the 'alternative titan' to Raiden (in terms of 'metaphysics variegation'), IMO. When Raiden is not the *master* I feel that Reptile is the 'dark knight.'

I'd like to see a substantive Reptile-Mileena storyline...

reptile2.jpg