Reptile got the shaft, again.

Finally got around to watching the stream. I'd agree Reptile was a bit underwhelming in the sense he brings a lot of stuff back from MK9 in both moves and design, but at the same time, it's also the best Reptile I've ever seen. It's just that everything has been improving so much from MK9 to MKX that we probably expected more.

One thing I found criminally underused is his tongue... I think the tongue in the grab looks awesome, moving fast and fluid.
He should have tongue attacks, like a leg grab (like Sindel had in MK9 except with the tongue instead of hair) or a whipping, visually it would be much better than most attacks he had.

For the people who claim Reptile is "the same" and "underwhelming," let's analyze this:

1. Reptile can now use his tongue as a weapon in a throw (we've only seen one; there could be more varied attacks with it)
2. Reptile can now spew acid on the ground for attacks
3. Reptile now has a mask that opens up when he talks, which is something no other ninja has
4. For the first time since MK:DA, Reptile is now unmasked in a variation
5. Reptile has a bone-like attire in his default costume, which is completely new for the character
6. Reptile can now control the force ball
7. Reptile's Noxious variation features a gas substance that drains opponents of life when close enough
8. Reptile's Nimble variation makes him fast as hell while slowing down the opponent
9. Reptile's interaction with Kotal Kahn alludes to him be knowledgeable of his weaknesses, meaning Reptile is not feeble minded in MKX
10. Reptile's status as the "last of a dying race" is finally brought up again by Quan Chi, meaning NRS is at the very least, paying attention to Reptile's story, which could say they have something big planned for him

I'm not sure how any of you figured there was nothing new or exciting with Reptile but I felt it was necessary to state a few things about him, as he is my favorite character.

His eyes being in different directions add a lot to his character, really.

When I look at Reptile's eyes, I see this.

d0mZckb.jpg

[QUOTE His eyes being in different directions add a lot to his character, really.[/QUOTE]

i cant take him seriously its as if his eyes are not on speaking terms and need some time apart!

His character is a rushed bag of vomit.
He's obviously going to just be used as the casual character to beat every 5 or so battles in story with no contribution to the storyline whatsoever.
Whats that im smelling? Exactly nothing, get back in the kitchen and start cooking! ALSO I hope you play ps4, i'll whoop your ass a couple of times with Reptile 2 change your opinnnnnnnnnnnnion.

He looks awesome, got some nice new moves, AND a lot of possibilities with his different variations.
Don't complain before you have tried him srsly.

His moves are good, and the character seems to be well developed, the problem is that the motuh seems to have been sculpted on other mesh istead the whole face.

With a mask he is perfect.

I doubt someone with his eyes at the sides like a wild animal can make a good fight since he will have an spectacular peripheral vision but an atrocious frontal vision which is the one you need to stand in a fight.

Sidenote: I thought maybe they were going to use his tongue in one of his variations. After seeing him use it in his grab then it practically wrote itself in the game....so i thought!

reptile looks amazing overall even though hes gonna be user friendly. but i agree theres certain moves that needs to be universal like his invisibility. they should of focused on a variation around his toungue moves.

im just hoping his alt costume has the mask for his deceptive variation. damm i can see some great set ups/pressure with the forceball and acid spill moves. reptile is gonna be dangerous.

I doubt someone with his eyes at the sides like a wild animal can make a good fight since he will have an spectacular peripheral vision but an atrocious frontal vision which is the one you need to stand in a fight.

In a 2d fighting game like this he won't even be able to see the opponent, all he sees is the background stage in one eye and the human player on the other side of the screen with his other eye!
He'd be better in an FPS shooter, nobody could get the surprise on this guy. :)

You know who I just realized he kinda looks like? Groot.

md11fn.png

Just had to
18 amazonian coco beans
mkx reptile GROOT.jpg

i dont care what anybody says that design is atrocious. everything about it is a fail. the nose is a squashed up flat awkward shape. the eyes are tott eyes...who are you looking at? im over here!...the face looks like a wooden carving of a skull, .the colour is muddy, the nose and cheeks detail is 2D and completely flat like cardboard...the mouth has a teeth pattern on the outside yet his real teeth are on the inside?....are the outer teeth just a tattoo?.. or his real teeth? god knows.. what a mess.. it looks like about 600 other things other than reptillian.. its just a big bag of mess

Last edited:
i dont care what anybody says that design is atrocious. everything about it is a fail. the nose is a squashed up flat awkward shape. the eyes are tott eyes...who are you looking at? im over here!...the face looks like a wooden carving of a skull, .the colour is muddy, the nose and cheeks detail is 2D and completely flat like cardboard...the mouth has a teeth pattern on the outside yet his real teeth are on the inside?....are the outer teeth just a tattoo?.. or his real teeth? god knows.. what a mess.. it looks like about 600 other things other than reptillian.. its just a big bag of mess

i think it looks bad because the eyes are the same color of the skin. if they make the eyes like a dark brown/reddish it would look a lot better.

his mouth area is smooth. if they make it scaly like the rest of his skin it would look a lot better. they still have time to fix things, its just minor touches here and there.

On the plus side, I do like his fighting stance. Rep and Kitty have the best stances in the game. The rest of them look awkward.

Ji dont care what anybody says that design is atrocious. everything about it is a fail. the nose is a squashed up flat awkward shape. the eyes are tott eyes...who are you looking at? im over here!...the face looks like a wooden carving of a skull, .the colour is muddy, the nose and cheeks detail is 2D and completely flat like cardboard...the mouth has a teeth pattern on the outside yet his real teeth are on the inside?....are the outer teeth just a tattoo?.. or his real teeth? god knows.. what a mess.. it looks like about 600 other things other than reptillian.. its just a big bag of mess

I don't fully agree. I think you're right about his textures and over-all facial structure, but his outfit is pretty nice! The Alt-costume looks pretty good as well. As far as textures go, you're spot on. Completely flat. He's a reptile ffs, his scales should have some more definition! But, a lot of models have changed since we first saw them. So let's hope they see this thread and your edit of Reptile and get their shit together.