Well....yes Ferra/Has a slice point fatality.
Quan Chi, Slice point, but at least its not generic.
Kung Lao....yea, slice point.
I think the important part of those, is that they at least have a flow and are thought out. Reptiles is just bland, generic, and generally dumb.
Honestly, so far, I like sub-zeros the best. It shows that the internal parts of the characters actually exist and can be manipulated. So while the end result is someone getting halved, the journey to the finish line was refreshing.
And I also have to say, a slice point isnt that bad, IF, they actually added something to it. For example Ferra/Torra slices him down the middle, and everything just stays neatly tucked inside the halves of the body cavity.
All it would take to take that to the next level is to have the entrails/organs spill out onto the ground. Just a the sloppy patter of insides hitting the pavement as he throws the halves into a heap.
Granted that he'll have a second fatality to look forward to, I really don't mind this one at all. I just think squishing the head at the end would have been gruesome.
But the end result still is gritty. I mean that is a really creepy looking meaty face. Can't deny that.
So far the fatalities are kinda meh to me, but this is the worst one.
1) Scorpion's fatality has some cool effects but Scorpion + Sword fatalities is boring! Hellfire, Demons, Nethrealm Portals and his spear are better options for scorpion fatalities.
2) Sub-Zero's fatality is cool I guess, but I don't like the snapping in half thing on the end, better just break the spine and watch them crumble.
3) Ferra/Torr fatality is ok, while its a cut-in-half- fatality it suits these two and they work together in style, so I like this one, these are characters that SHOULD have cutting fatalities.
4) Reptiles fatality is the worst, he must have stuff with his tongue, acid, poison, eating the victim, spit in their throat and watch the acid burn their insides.
5) Cassie Cage, while I like her attitude, her fatality is nothing special, but what else can a human do? Hope they give her some funny second fatality, as funny fatalities suit her attitude.
6) D'vorah, this is my favorite fatality so far, I love what they have done with the skull very professional! Hope her second fatality is about implanting bugs ALien/the mist stylo! Summoning giant bugs is also cool and maybe turning into a terrible bug monster herself.
7) Kitana, I like kitana's fatality so far, it seems to fit her, BUT please make her second fatality not one of Jade's but give her a Kiss fatality, especially when Sonya and Tanya aren't in possession of a kiss fatality, there MUST be a kiss fatality!
Raiden, I really liked this fatality and there are only so many things you can do with lightning, this is a very cool one in my opinion!
9) Kano, my second favorite fatality, this is really awesome and feels really horrid at the same time! LOVING it!
10) Quan Chi 1, this fatality feels more suited for Kenshi really, Telekinetic powers are not for Quan Chi, and the zombie-behavior could be done with telepathy/telekinesis, really this fatality would be so good on Kenshi Blade + Telekinesis. They never give Quan CHi the fatalities he deserves and suit him, summoning the skeletons from the victims body that then bow to Quan Chi, summoning those bat monsters or other horrors from the neatherealm, maybe even summoning those monsters from their guts, so many possibilities and yet they spoiled him again..
11) Quan Chi 2 looks AWESOME, BUT again is more suited for another character, in this case this fatality would be a cool fatality for Noob or Scorpion, not for Quan Chi who should be more about necromancy....
12) Kung Lao, I like this one, nothing to say further about this one, all Kung Lao's fatalities should be about his hat, the guy doesn't have other ways to kill.
13) Ermac 1, I love the head telekinesis, and the ending is so cool with the floating head, my favorite fatality for ERmac in this game.
14) ERmac 2, i'm not sure about this one yet, I have to see the full version of it I guess.
15) Kotal Kahn, this is a rather bland fatality, but it suits his style I guess! Hope his second fatality revolves around his totems, solar energy or the sun (but not too nightwolfish)
Do I forgot anybody?
And is it just me or are some X-rays better fatalities than some fatalities? I mean, Sub-Zero's x-ray would be lovely as fatality, but looks too much for an x-ray.
D'Vorah's Fatality is my favorite, thus far.
I've wanted to see a good flesh-eating / flesh-rotting Fatality for a while (ever since Shang Tsung's MKII Soul Steal), and we've finally got it in MKX.
I mean, it's like people forget that Kabal also had a shitty 1st Fatality in MK9, but his "It takes guts" Fatality was awesome.
Let's not also forget Scorpion's MK9 shitty head and torso slice cut-point Fatality, compared to the awesome "Nether Gate" Fatality.
As crappy as the split looks, I'll take it over him popping the head like a zit.
My theory is that because fatalities might get skipped over in tournaments due to unnecessarily taking up time, NRS had to find a way to establish how brutal the game is during the fights themselves. So their best ideas are actually going into the X-Rays.
It makes sense from an esport/tournament POV, but as more of a casual fan, I prefer leaving the things that look like they should be fatalities to the fatalities.
Honestly, Sub Zero has the worst fatality so far. In my opinion, that is.
Reptile's starts off really strong but transitions into a very lackluster finish. Sub Zero's is lackluster from start to finish.
I think Reptile's fatality is easily the worst thus far. Sub-Zero and Raiden are pretty low on that list as well.
My favorite is Ermac's.
I actually think it was better executed in MK3 to be quite honest.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
I liked the Fatality. Pulling the head apart was a little bit...well, it could be better.
BUT, the acid-burned face looks really, really great.
Was hoping he'd rip the head open and eat the brain
Not here for it. Most of these new fatalities shown in the past few recent months have been very basic and not interesting, I'm not sure what they were thinking with half of these characters fatalities.
I guess they're just going on the more inner-body design showing fatalities instead of actual overkill usual fatalities.
There are occasions where fatalities are very cool in this game, but people like Reppy, Kitana, Cassie, Ermac, hell, almost half the cast released, have fatalities that make you look to your left and right thinking "...was that it? that was quick and unsatisfying."
Reptile is one of the disappointments I'm talking about, was that really it? Melting face then ripping it in half? Could they not have added some very extra limb removal or something interesting? I'm not looking forward to the fatalities of this game much anymore,
But that's just my 2 cents. You guys might love them.
I thought from the teaser he was going to end up smashing the persons skull into a mushy mess but instead he splits it in half... is that going to be the theme with all fatalities. I'd like them to be different from one another. lol
Man his fatality was pretty sick! i knew he was going to rip their head apart. but it seems to be lacking something!
maybe as he split their head open, he would hold it for a moment and use his tongue to scoop out one half of her brain and then let her body fall as he is seen chewing their brain.
I DON'T do FAIR
Oh god, i'm tired of those generic, tech demo "FATALITIES".
To me, there was nothing wrong with it until the head split into two perfect slices.
All it would have taken to take that fatality from ho-hum to holy shit would be a handful of details.
I guess that is why this is so puzzling to me, you already have him gouging eyes in his xray. Show his attack from the front, dont jump the angle to behind the character. Show the stress on their face. Reptile should be using their eye sockets as and handle of sorts to apply the outward pressure. Lastly, the head shouldn't just magically crack into two halves. The facial skin should tear, the skull should be cracking, and the head should start opening slowly. Some structure lets loose with a hearty crack but the opponent is still alive. Reptile applies one last brute exercion of force and the head breaks open in a jagged fractured mess.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)