Tremor... leaked?

Lord Greyjoy

***UPDATE*** Confirmed fake by Shaun Himmerick. Pretty good for a fake, if I say so myself. Sorry to get your hopes up, Tremor fans.

As with any "leaks", take this with a grain of sand (heh).

wLROSPh.jpg

The story behind this "leak", brought to you by Gillbob316 from MKO:
Someone on Gamefaqs posted this picture and claims to have found it while randomly browsing twitter, and is himself unclear on its original source. Discussion has erupted as to whether or not it's an actual leaked pic, or a semi-convincing fake.

Others have pointed out that the weird angle and fact it's not a full-shot arouse suspicion that it's fake. As usually lack of undeniable detail is a red flag.

BUT... still. It's clearly a high quality model, and it's kind of a cool design from what we can see... so hey... if nothing else it's fun discussion...

So I figured I'd bring it over here to discuss!

PS. I am not this photo's original source. I make absolutely NO claim to its validity. I'm just passing word along from one website to another, since I see no posts about it here. Here's the url for the original discussion at GameFAQS.

Pros:
-What appears to be the MKX online factions Black Dragon symbol
-This tweet
-The design is very well-thought out (cybernetic implants fit the Black Dragon, built for ground-pounds and causing earthquakes)

Cons:
-The font is not like MKX's usual font
-Dubious source

Last edited:
Who cares what Boon hates, Boon hates anything with any form of originality. He hates Rain and Tremor, both are two of the better ninjas. He tends to favor characters with simplistic, unoriginal designs like Scorpion, who he constantly shoves in our face.

I don't know. I heard it from other people. They stuck him in the Vita version of MK9's challenge tower. Maybe they realized "well, maybe we could reboot this earth ninja from the black dragon and make him awesome."

I don't know. I heard it from other people. They stuck him in the Vita version of MK9's challenge tower. Maybe they realized "well, maybe we could reboot this earth ninja from the black dragon and make him awesome."
People gossip. Especially on the internet. If the only evidence of Boon hating Tremor is the fact that Tremor still hasn't been in a game, then that just seems like salty Tremor fans making stuff up.

People gossip. Especially on the internet. If the only evidence of Boon hating Tremor is the fact that Tremor still hasn't been in a game, then that just seems like salty Tremor fans making stuff up.

All good points. However, he is also notorious for riding that Scorpion hype train from here to Netherrealm.

Well... this was a disappointment...

----------------------------------------

Who cares what Boon hates, Boon hates anything with any form of originality. He hates Rain and Tremor, both are two of the better ninjas. He tends to favor characters with simplistic, unoriginal designs like Scorpion, who he constantly shoves in our face.

I love all ninjas. I don't get the hate towards Rain nor the hate towards Scorpion that people is developing these days.

Last edited:
I love originality. I don't like the same design repeated over 8 times. :)

But that stopped being true like a decade ago.

I hate the "all ninjas look the same" statement.

I can't see the resamblance between Reptile, Ermac and Sub-Zero to be honest...

People say they look the same because they used to look the same but not anymore. If MK1 to MK4 didn't exist and MK9 was our first MK ever people wouldn't be saying "hey, these 7 guys all look the same".

Kitana, Mileena and Jade have FAR more differences than any of the the ninjas ever had. Completely different outfits (unlike the ninjas, who even in recent games wear similar costumes) along with personalities and storylines that don't make you want to fall asleep, and movesets and playstyles that are extremely different. Your post doesn't really make sense, the only time period of copy/paste design with the female ninjas was MK1 to UMK3, after that they bare little to no resemblance other than the fact they are females.

Kitana, Mileena and Jade have FAR more differences than any of the the ninjas ever had. Completely different outfits (unlike the ninjas, who even in recent games wear similar costumes) along with personalities and storylines that don't make you want to fall asleep, and movesets and playstyles that are extremely different. Your post doesn't really make sense, the only time period of copy/paste design with the female ninjas was MK1 to UMK3, after that they bare little to no resemblance other than the fact they are females.

I think it's complete opposite, fem ninjas look way more similar between themselves than male ninjas do.

Skarlet, Kitana and Jade (and Tanya and Khameleon if you want to add from past games) look almost the same, specially in MK9 (the first 3 I mentioned).

Now Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Rain and Smoke do look similar but not as much as the 3 fems from MK9. However Noob, Ermac and Reptile look nothing alike...

Please explain to me how Kitana, Skarlet and Jade look the same? COMPLETELY different outfits (look again, tell me ONE similarity), different weapons, different hairstyles, different colour schemes and different skin colours. It seems to me you have a single glance at them and say 'boobs' and then proclaim that they all look the same.

Okay. You're clearly not seeing what I'm seeing. I'll just drop it, though. I couldn't care less about this argument.

Please explain to me how Kitana, Skarlet and Jade look the same? COMPLETELY different outfits (look again, tell me ONE similarity), different weapons, different hairstyles, different colour schemes and different skin colours. It seems to me you have a single glance at them and say 'boobs' and then proclaim that they all look the same.

The evidence is in the game, you just need to look at it... Red bikini, blue bikini and green bikini. Done.

I'm not against similiraties between ninjas, I do like it to be honest but you're accusing the "palette swap" to be unoriginal only in some characters but it's more than ok in those characters you like... That's plain hypocritical.

Bikini? A bikini is swimwear. Kitana is wearing a crop top, Jade is wearing a one piece and Skarlet is wearing a bra with shoulder pads and a mask that extends to her neck. Still no similarities, nice try though.

Also, I never said I didn't like the ninjas. I quite like Rain, especially in MK9. His moveset was really unique and awesome. My issue isn't with their playstyles or movesets, it's with their similar appearances and similarities in storylines.

Well i figured it was a fake. Alot of thought put into this one. But heres to still hoping Tremor is in. Whether initially or DLC