Tremor... leaked?

Like I said, they can make their outfits unique. So they wouldn't be "palette-swaps". A good example is MK Deception, they all looked very different but still looked like MK Ninjas. With the exception of Reptile who still looked like crap.

But to each their own, I guess this makes us mortal enemies. :razz:

No, it just means we disagree on some design choices.

Aren't Sub-Zero and Smoke ninjas?

Nope.
In MK:Mythologies, Quan Chi calls Sub-Zero a ninja, to which Subbie corrects him and says that Scorpion is a ninja, but the Lin Kuei are not. Also, to further the evidence, a ninja is specifically Japanese trained in the arts of ninjutsu. In the MK world, the art of ninjutsu was formed by a member of the Lin Kuei called Takeda who left the clan and formed his own clan called the Shirai Ryu. The Shirai Ryu is a ninja clan. The Lin Kuei is not.

I hope Sub-Zero never loses his ninja look, but the Lin Keui is technically just an assassin guild. Not ninjas.

The term 'ninja' is used extremely loosely in MK. I don't think Boon actually knows what a real ninja is, but he seems to think wearing a mask makes you one. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Smoke, Ermac & Rain are all classified as ninjas.

I hope Sub-Zero never loses his ninja look, but the Lin Keui is technically just an assassin guild. Not ninjas.

In Mythologies, when Quan Chi called Sub-Zero a "ninja," he was highly offended. He said, "Scorpion is ninja, I am Lin Kuei!"

The term 'ninja' is used extremely loosely in MK. I don't think Boon actually knows what a real ninja is, but he seems to think wearing a mask makes you one. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Smoke, Ermac & Rain are all classified as ninjas.

They used to be. Are they still? MK9 calls the Lin Kuei assassins at every opportunity, I don't think they're ever called ninjas.

If that's the case then the following are ninjas as well:

Shao Kahn, Kabal, Hotaru, and Li Mei. Did i forget anyone...

Nope.
In MK:Mythologies, Quan Chi calls Sub-Zero a ninja, to which Subbie corrects him and says that Scorpion is a ninja, but the Lin Kuei are not. Also, to further the evidence, a ninja is specifically Japanese trained in the arts of ninjutsu. In the MK world, the art of ninjutsu was formed by a member of the Lin Kuei called Takeda who left the clan and formed his own clan called the Shirai Ryu. The Shirai Ryu is a ninja clan. The Lin Kuei is not.
I'm not gonna get hung up on the Japanese thing, since everybody ignores it anyway. To me, a masked Earthrealm east-Asian assassin is a ninja in MK, so that includes Scorpion, Smoke and Sub-Zero.

Nevertheless, I agree that these characters should all move away from the ninja look, except Scorpion. Smoke's look should be more focused on his demon enenra aspect, Sub-Zero should look like he did in MK3/MKDA or MKD, Ermac should look like a mystic mage, Reptile like a lizard-man/dinosaur, Rain like a handsome prince and Tremor like a Black Dragon thug.

I'm not gonna get hung up on the Japanese thing, since everybody ignores it anyway. To me, a masked Earthrealm east-Asian assassin is a ninja in MK, so that includes Scorpion, Smoke and Sub-Zero.

Smoke is Eastern European, not East-Asian. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Nevertheless, I agree that these characters should all move away from the ninja look, except Scorpion. Smoke's look should be more focused on his demon enenra aspect, Sub-Zero should look like he did in MK3/MKDA or MKD, Ermac should look like a mystic mage, Reptile like a lizard-man/dinosaur, Rain like a handsome prince and Tremor like a Black Dragon thug.

Agree with all except Sub-Zero. He's too iconic the way he is.

I'm pretty sure most think of the Lin Kuei as ninjas.

I meant that he's part of a ninja organization, regardless of his heritage.

Sektor? Cyrax? :/

They didn't even wear masks. I dunno, dude. I think you're holding on to something that ain't there.

In game there is technically only one ninja... But they have been referred to as pallette-swapped ninjas since 1992. It's simply an easy refference. If I say I want all 7 ninjas in the game, people know what I mean without having to name them all. I personally would like to finally play as the elusive eighth ninja. The tease on Vita only made me want it more.

Last edited:
In game there is technically only one ninja... But they have been referred to as pallette-swapped ninjas since 1992. It's simply an easy refference. If I say I want all 7 ninjas in the game, people know what I mean without having to name them all. I personally would like to finally play as the elusive eighth ninja. The tease on Vita only made me want it more.

You might be using it as an easy reference, but there are other people saying "all 7 ninjas" should go back to looking like ninjas... in this thread. And some people are under the impression that the Lin Kuei are ninjas.

There's some legit confusion going on here.