Armageddon will still happen, right?

Tanyas Husband

Just thought about this.
Spoiler:
Daegon is back via the comic books of MKX, as he should be.

So since we're still going by that story concept, isn't Taven and armageddon still set to happen sometime in the future?
Will NRS end up coming to this story again and finding some type of excuse to brush it off and continue stories, or will they just completely ignore it happening, regardless of if it should or not?

Armageddon is still gonna happen, just not anytime soon. And not the same way it did in the PS2/Xbox era.
Even if the last game doesn't feature it, it will still happen within the universe.

Armageddon is still gonna happen, just not anytime soon. And not the same way it did in the PS2/Xbox era.
Even if the last game doesn't feature it, it will still happen within the universe.
The only reason the Armageddon shit happened was because Midway was losing cash annually since the turn of the millennium, despite MK being the only real money maker they had left, and it was getting to the point where they doubted their own future, and were fearful that they wouldn't get a chance to make another MK game (turns out they did make another one, which was a crossover with DC in a last ditch effort to hopefully save Midway). The only way this would happen again is if either NRS was in danger of being shut down by WB, or if WB themselves were somehow in danger of bankruptcy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The only reason the Armageddon shit happened was because Midway was losing cash annually since the turn of the millennium, despite MK being the only real money maker they had left, and it was getting to the point where they doubted their own future, and were fearful that they wouldn't get a chance to make another MK game (turns out they did make another one, which was a crossover with DC in a last ditch effort to hopefully save Midway). The only way this would happen again is if either NRS was in danger of being shut down by WB, or if WB themselves were somehow in danger of bankruptcy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

What's ironic is that they've actually explained all of this in Taven's ending where they decided they were just gonna put things on hold until a better solution was made.

I hope to god not. Taven and Daegon were the lamest characters ever introduced to the series. Hell, I'd much rather have Mocap than either of them. I hope Daegon gets killed off early and that Taven doesn't even show up.

According to Ed Boon, Armageddon doesn't seem likely since he doesn't want to do the whole "One Being" thing for MKX, which is awesome (IMO).
A fresh new story, and the comics have also shown us some of that original story.
Way back in June 2014 Ed stated that MKX would pick up shortly after MK9 and have it's own "original story."
Meaning that since the timeline skewed and this is an alternate timeline, we may see some similar events at the beginning of MKX, but it will be more of an original story after that.

I hope to god not. Taven and Daegon were the lamest characters ever introduced to the series. Hell, I'd much rather have Mocap than either of them. I hope Daegon gets killed off early and that Taven doesn't even show up.

Yeah, agreed. I am playing through Konquest again and holy hell both Taven and Daegon are dreadfully dull characters. I just can't stand either of them.

Yeah, agreed. I am playing through Konquest again and holy hell both Taven and Daegon are dreadfully dull characters. I just can't stand either of them.

I appreciate your effort for playing the atrocious MKA konquest. You are a true hero.

I wish they'd reference the One Being more often. He's literally God and dude can barely get a nod of acknowledgement. Such a cool concept too. That every event in Mortal Kombat is just him dreaming.

Don't think it will soon and hope it won't soon. Develop the likeable characters' story lines, get rid of the crap ones (why just single out Hsu Hao)?, and then I'll think about it.