Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Grammys on Sunday

  1. #1
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Grammys on Sunday

    Whose tuning in?
    I am.
    I really want to see Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj finally get the grammies they deserve.
    I want to see Sam Smith win best new artist.
    And I can't wait to see Rihanna perform in her usual oversexualized half nude outfits.
    So what are you expecting to see and who do you want to win overall?


  2. #2
    Special Forces Agent nemesiswontdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,184
    PSN
    nemesiswontdie
    Thanked: 400
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    The Grammys are dumb as shit and should have no weigh in on who should get awards. The Grammys are known for their dumbass choices when it comes to music. I mean NIN winning best metal performance in 93? Jethro Tull winning best heavy metal album in 89? The Grammys are a fvcking joke.

  3. #3
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    I suppose, but they're still known for being labeled as the highest form of awards in the Music Industry, which is why I'll be tuning in to see who wins what.
    If Iggy Azalea wins Best Rap Album then I will side with you completely, that'll be a JOKE.


  4. #4
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,030
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1739
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    The omission of Jeff Hanneman in the "in memory" portion of the ceremony was an absolute TRAVESTY (especially since Hanneman was a two time winner of this same establishment )! Whoever is in charge of the Grammys deserves to be severely beaten just for that alone! They'd better bring up Wayne Static!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Shaolin Monk Kobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,294
    Twitter
    @MeatSim64
    Xbox Live
    MeatSim64
    Steam
    MeatSim64
    Thanked: 122
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    I don't watch the Grammy's any more just because of the reasons above. It's just one big glorified show with trophies.

    "Now you will feel Death's cold embrace!" - Bi-Han
    Avatar and Signature by: XxslickninjaxX

  6. #6
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,030
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1739
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra View Post
    I don't watch the Grammy's any more just because of the reasons above. It's just one big glorified show with trophies.
    Additionally, "winners" of the Metal category are frequently either cover songs (Motorhead's cover of Metallica's "Whiplash", for instance...and Metallica is a band that Motorhead influenced to even exist in the first place), songs that are 30+ years old using the "Live Album" loophole (Iron Man, Dissident Aggressor, need I say more), or flat out given the award based solely on the artist's name recognition (the aforementioned Jethro Tull incident being the most infamous example).

    The so-called Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is even worse! While the Grammys are simply clueless, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is willfully shitting on Rock n Roll itself. You know who's in? Madonna! You know who's not? Deep Purple! Who seriously believes that Madonna is more Rock n Roll than Deep Purple? I am dead serious here...I want a show of hands who think Madonna is more Rock n Roll than Deep Purple, because that is exactly the logic the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is displaying...I mean the establishment's name is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, is it not? Grabbing a Les Paul onstage and playing a Pantera riff is a really nice stage antic, but it does NOT make Madonna any more Rock n Roll than a damn kazoo player on the street. And don't tell me Ozzy can't be inducted as a solo artist because he's already in as a member of Black Sabbath; there is a LOT of precedent for multiple inductions. By my count alone, all 4 Beatles are double inductees, as well as at least 3 members of the Yardbirds are double (Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and Eric Clapton, with Clapton being the only triple inductee in the establishment's history). There's so much bullshit with that particular establishment that I don't know where to end...so hurry up and get Ozzy in as a solo artist!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tarkatan Trash; 02-07-2015 at 01:21 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tarkatan Trash For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Madonna is in the rock n roll hall of fame..? What? I never knew this. What type of foolery?


  9. #8
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,030
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1739
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    Madonna is in the rock n roll hall of fame..? What? I never knew this. What type of foolery?
    You'd be surprised at all the bullshit I know about that establishment. In 2007, they started putting rap groups in, all while the likes of Alice Cooper (Class of 2011), Rush (Class of 2013), Heart (same class as Rush), and ESPECIALLY KISS (Class of 2014) had all been eligible as recently as 1999 and continued to be shafted for upwards of 15 years! Van Halen waited 4 years, and THAT was a major travesty because they are by far the most important band of the 80s, and Eddie Van Halen in particular was the biggest influence on young guitarists, rivaled only by the late Randy Rhoads. Black Sabbath singlehandedly invented an entire subgenre of Rock n Roll (that being heavy metal), and they got shafted for 11 years.

    Bottom line is, establishments within the music business who are supposed to be honoring artists for their work are generally full of shit one way or another.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  10. #9
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    You'd be surprised at all the bullshit I know about that establishment. In 2007, they started putting rap groups in, all while the likes of Alice Cooper (Class of 2011), Rush (Class of 2013), Heart (same class as Rush), and ESPECIALLY KISS (Class of 2014) had all been eligible as recently as 1999 and continued to be shafted for upwards of 15 years! Van Halen waited 4 years, and THAT was a major travesty because they are by far the most important band of the 80s, and Eddie Van Halen in particular was the biggest influence on young guitarists, rivaled only by the late Randy Rhoads. Black Sabbath singlehandedly invented an entire subgenre of Rock n Roll (that being heavy metal), and they got shafted for 11 years.

    Bottom line is, establishments within the music business who are supposed to be honoring artists for their work are generally full of shit one way or another.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    I'm in disbelief. Heart is one of my favorite rock bands, are you saying they aren't included in halls of fame and don't have grammys?
    This is ridiculous. I never knew any of this. I always assumed people like KISS, Heart, and Alice Cooper HAD grammys and titles in several halls of fame. What's the music industry rewarding system coming to?


  11. #10
    Elder God Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    36
    Posts
    10,030
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1739
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanyas Husband View Post
    I'm in disbelief. Heart is one of my favorite rock bands, are you saying they aren't included in halls of fame and don't have grammys?
    This is ridiculous. I never knew any of this. I always assumed people like KISS, Heart, and Alice Cooper HAD grammys and titles in several halls of fame. What's the music industry rewarding system coming to?
    I don't even keep up with the Grammys, but I do know that the eligibility criteria for the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is that an artist must have released a studio album at least 25 years ago. For the record, Heart, Rush, Alice Cooper, and KISS are in, but when you look at how long it took these bands to get in, it almost feels like they never did get in, and they most likely got in because of YEARS of backlash from dedicated fans, such as New York radio DJ and That Metal Show host Eddie Trunk.

    And if you want to bring up non-musicians, Jim Marshall needs to be in NOW, because he invented THIS toy for guitarists.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    Special Forces Agent Tanyas Husband's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Locust Grove, GA
    Posts
    3,775
    PSN
    MattyEC
    Thanked: 353
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    And if you want to bring up non-musicians, Jim Marshall needs to be in NOW, because he invented THIS toy for guitarists.



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    This generation, rock n roll is dead. I'm sad to see it go. I've seen 3 rock bands go from rock, to selling out and going to pop in 2013-14.
    There's never anymore originality, and no more REAL rock. We live in a world where Imagine Dragons call themselves Rock n Roll experts.


  13. #12
    Shaolin Monk Kobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,294
    Twitter
    @MeatSim64
    Xbox Live
    MeatSim64
    Steam
    MeatSim64
    Thanked: 122
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    Additionally, "winners" of the Metal category are frequently either cover songs (Motorhead's cover of Metallica's "Whiplash", for instance...and Metallica is a band that Motorhead influenced to even exist in the first place), songs that are 30+ years old using the "Live Album" loophole (Iron Man, Dissident Aggressor, need I say more), or flat out given the award based solely on the artist's name recognition (the aforementioned Jethro Tull incident being the most infamous example).

    The so-called Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is even worse! While the Grammys are simply clueless, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is willfully shitting on Rock n Roll itself. You know who's in? Madonna! You know who's not? Deep Purple! Who seriously believes that Madonna is more Rock n Roll than Deep Purple? I am dead serious here...I want a show of hands who think Madonna is more Rock n Roll than Deep Purple, because that is exactly the logic the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is displaying...I mean the establishment's name is the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, is it not? Grabbing a Les Paul onstage and playing a Pantera riff is a really nice stage antic, but it does NOT make Madonna any more Rock n Roll than a damn kazoo player on the street. And don't tell me Ozzy can't be inducted as a solo artist because he's already in as a member of Black Sabbath; there is a LOT of precedent for multiple inductions. By my count alone, all 4 Beatles are double inductees, as well as at least 3 members of the Yardbirds are double (Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck, and Eric Clapton, with Clapton being the only triple inductee in the establishment's history). There's so much bullshit with that particular establishment that I don't know where to end...so hurry up and get Ozzy in as a solo artist!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    Madonna is in are you shitting me? Holy shit, if Madonna is rock and roll then I am the Prime Minister of Canada. What the fvk is the head of the Grammy is thinking and what drugs is he on?

    What a total slap to the face of late great artists of Rock: Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Eric Clapton(as you said) and even Johnny Cash! It's like they're spitting on their damn graves. Total disrespect.

    Times are changing and not for the better.

    "Now you will feel Death's cold embrace!" - Bi-Han
    Avatar and Signature by: XxslickninjaxX

  14. #13
    Shaolin Monk Dedamn666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pontecarlo UK
    Posts
    1,628
    Twitter
    @**** knows zombiewoof bat i think
    Xbox Live
    none bought the right console
    PSN
    zombie665
    Thanked: 192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammys on Sunday

    Interested in seeing AC/DC perform thats it. On the subject of rock been dead and folk going pop, a recent study shows music is going the way it is because people are getting stupider.
    http://mic.com/articles/107896/scien...ounds-the-same

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dedamn666 For This Useful Post:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Best Buy Sunday Ad, News on Sub-Zero's costume and fatality plus another bonus
    By NerdyJordy in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 06:37 PM
  2. Get MK by Sunday!!!
    By Subpion in forum Mortal Kombat (2011) Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-15-2011, 11:20 PM
  3. Happy Easter Sunday
    By Noob-Ermac in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 03:51 AM
  4. 1 on 1 challenge this sunday
    By collin in forum Mortal Kombat: Deception & Unchained
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 11:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •