Jade or Tanya?

reikoiskahn

Just wondering, would you guys have preferred Jade or Tanya for MK4/G? I know some people think Tanya is just an "evil" version of Jade but we know they are both completely different characters in terms of looks. The only thing they really share in common is their birthplace and their dark skin. Other than that, the characters are not the same at all. That being said, who was the better option in your opinions?

Jade is my number 1 but I love being both. However, I'm expecting Tanya to be in MKX and Jade to not be in (though I'd love both being in MKX). One, the other, or both MUST BE IN!!!

I like Jade very much. Her fighting styles and weapons (Staff and boomerang) are as great as Mileena's Sais and Kitana's fans. It was great to see her getting a chance to develop her story on MK Deception. It would have been great to have her in MK4 without Kitana and Mileena for once, she could have her own goals without being connected to Kitana or Sindel.

Jade is my number 1 but I love being both. However, I'm expecting Tanya to be in MKX and Jade to not be in (though I'd love both being in MKX). One, the other, or both MUST BE IN!!!

I think Jade (among the female ninjas) would be the one who would most fit in this new variations system proposed in MKX. One of them would be one focusing on her staff, another on her boomerang and the last one on her teleports and her shadow flash and kick!

Is this even a serious question? Jade.

Id rather have Jarek back before Tanya and that says something.

Hell Id rather have Meat than Tanya, and that REALLY says something.

Well, I'm indifferent about both of these characters. They're not bad, but they're not great. However, given that I can pick only one of them, I'd rather have Jade over Tanya.

There's a reason why I'd prefer Jade over Tanya, and that's because as of recently, I've bumped into some really selfish Tanya fans on other forums. It wasn't pretty. And I know it's silly to judge a character based on their fans, but because of the attitude some of these people rub off, I'd rather see other characters in more over Tanya, just because of her fans. Sorry if I offend anyone who is a Tanya fan, it's just well... some people just think this character is the greatest thing ever to come out of one's mind when she's really not that special.

TANYA. Tanya has so much potential to be a key evil character.
I've been in love with her since I played her a bit too much in MKD and ended up not being able to stop.
I'd really love for her to be in MKX, though I'm pretty sure that she'll make it via DLC. Bookmark me. Tanya - likely not main roster, very likely DLC.

tumblr_mr77vp87t51sudnvco1_500.gif

I'd definitely choose Jade. I really admired how loyal she was, and she was my pocket character in MK9 for the longest -- very underrated.

I can't say much about Tanya because I know nothing about her.

Dude, you and these Brenda gifs just make all of my worries disappear. I ****in' love her.

Well, I'm indifferent about both of these characters. They're not bad, but they're not great. However, given that I can pick only one of them, I'd rather have Jade over Tanya.

There's a reason why I'd prefer Jade over Tanya, and that's because as of recently, I've bumped into some really selfish Tanya fans on other forums. It wasn't pretty. And I know it's silly to judge a character based on their fans, but because of the attitude some of these people rub off, I'd rather see other characters in more over Tanya, just because of her fans. Sorry if I offend anyone who is a Tanya fan, it's just well... some people just think this character is the greatest thing ever to come out of one's mind when she's really not that special.

Tell us all about the bad experiences. There's another Tanya fan on here that seems to fit that bill and no, I'm not talking about Tanyashusband, he's cool. Another person, however, is a bit...you get the point. What were the experiences like with the others on alternate forums, though, since you call them selfish?

I really need to hear this one. Enlighten me as to why you hate Tanya so much that you prefer a blatant (and poorly done) Kano wannabe over her, as well as a walking pile of exposed flesh n' bone?

I like Jade very much. Her fighting styles and weapons (Staff and boomerang) are as great as Mileena's Sais and Kitana's fans. It was great to see her getting a chance to develop her story on MK Deception. It would have been great to have her in MK4 without Kitana and Mileena for once, she could have her own goals without being connected to Kitana or Sindel.

I think Jade (among the female ninjas) would be the one who would most fit in this new variations system proposed in MKX. One of them would be one focusing on her staff, another on her boomerang and the last one on her teleports and her shadow flash and kick!

this!!! im not hating on Tanya but damm Jade is on another level.
one variation for her staff. the other for her invincibility (armor) and the other for The Razorang! one of the coolest weapons in mk. and to top it off shes the hottest of them all. she better be in MKX!

for me this is my female ninja order.

1. Mileena
2.Jade
3.Skarlet

Kitana,Tanya and frost can fight for that fourth spot.

Tanya...
I love Jade too but, she got her chance in mk9 while Tanya didn't... and jade wasn't well developed there... it's not like deception jade...she was awesome

I really like them both (although neither have been given much to do in the story), Tanya is in my top 6 favorite MK characters.

In comparison of stories, Tanya has more storyline potential. Jade always seems to be a Sindel/Kitana lackey and her storylines are more about them than herself. Tanya, the character who has betrayed the most people in MK, the daughter of an ambassador of Edenia, and who was falsely portrayed as a Kitana replacement in MK4, only to reveal she is evil, has far more potential. NRS really needs to axe the Tanya vs. Jade rivalry, because it's been done to death, and it's so unbelievably contrived between these two. Give us something more creative with these characters.

For movesets, I feel like Jade is much stronger. If Tanya were to make MKX, she would need a lot of work: her weapons are uninspired, she has like two generic fireball attacks, and the ability to turn invisible, none of which remotely fit her character. The only attacks I would keep for her would be the "Human Cannon Drill" and "Neck Break". Most of what she has seems like leftovers or cheap copies of other characters. Jade, on the other hand, has unique moves and an iconic weapon. Fatalities are even worse for Tanya, sadly, as she has a generic and inspired Edenian kiss *sigh* and a few "meh" ones. The only one I'd like to see back is her "Neck Screw" because it's iconic.

For design, neither were particularly amazing design-wise in their debut game. Jade was literally a palette swap and Tanya was a yellow Kitana. Both were lazy and unimpressive. However, in MK:D, I think both received very good designs, and I would like to see that taken a step forward for Tanya in future games. If they don't, I cannot see her lasting too long. I was already shocked she made MK:D.

That's really tough for me. Jade was probably the first video game girl I had a crush on and was a real challenge to fight against. Tanya, on the other hand, had the better storyline and cooler moves. I think it is a tie.

Well i was thinking, surely alot ppl here ranted that tanya sucks in comparision with jade, specially when tanya back in MKD/MKAR/mk9 (as npc slave).......... i choose tanya because mk4 version is the best of the best.

Just another day, was doing modding, cause prolly if ppl would be see this design in mkd-mkar her original costume respecting all the mk4, just same details, maybe tanya would be more acepted.
Remember that tanya in martial corepgraphy at mkd has earned unique moves and unique style of figthing. Imo, midway team ruined mk4 characters between mkd and mk ar. Now take a look

This is from mk4 (prolly this gif sucks cause this is from console version, in arcade or dreamcast version, it have more quality)
foj20z.gif

Imo is the best design this female model fit very well, also boon ´s sister seem very sexy lol.

Now we saw this at mkd/mkar/mk9:
2b1x8o.gif

midway team wanted add to her an evolution for give understand that the time happened between mk4 and mkD, is clearly that without Jhon tobias they sucks alot, while you load more detail to chars more you are in risk for the character............ for any reason beyond of technology Jhon Tobias liked so much simgle designs on costumes.
Imo ppl preffer more To jade than tanya, cause at mkd she is very ed up.

Well............... so i did ´nt glad and i have tried to keep respect the Tobias ´s design on tanya and for my surprise this look better at least in her concept:
jhskco.gif

well is very easy blame to tanya when stupid ed boon decided make crazy ideas on her.
bye

Last edited:
Hmmm, this is tough!

I love both girls, I love fighting as them whenever I play MK. I find Jade a bit cooler though, IDK why, but there's just something about Jade that makes me like her. :hmmmm: I still enjoy Tanya too. Sucks how Jade probably won't be in this game, but Tanya could be in it, so I would still be fine with it. Feels like it's been a while since I've seen Tanya in a MK game though. :p