Ermac Revealed

So Ermacs face...

Is it burned?
or
Is it like a decaying corpse type thing going on?

Yeah, he looks like a zombie, after all Ermac is more or less a Frankenstein's monster, I think they made him that way to show he is an evil creation and not a real person.

I like to think Ermac was the first ninja that abandoned his ninja roots. No V-vest, no mask or hood (just bandages).

I still love his actual costume but I can't get my mind around his uncovered face.

I loved all MK's ninjas except for Smoke's main, his hair... my god... I loved his alt though.

I'm a graphic designer... I see the silhuette, the simple shapes of the costume, and those remained the same in MKD-MK9. The details were different, and believe me, it was a huge relief to see back in MKD. But it was never a true break away from the palette-swap look.

I'm a graphic designer... I see the silhuette, the simple shapes of the costume, and those remained the same in MKD-MK9. The details were different, and believe me, it was a huge relief to see back in MKD. But it was never a true break away from the palette-swap look.

Well I can't argue with that, I'm just a biochem student, I can say he looks a little pale and maybe needs iron and B12 vitamines lol.

So Ermacs face...

Is it burned?
or
Is it like a decaying corpse type thing going on?

thats what i said. He look like he is falling apart. The body he is in is probably no longer alive, And idk how old Ermac is but i dont think he is young lol. Thousands of souls? he has to be very old.

thats what i said. He look like he is falling apart. The body he is in is probably no longer alive, And idk how old Ermac is but i dont think he is young lol. Thousands of souls? he has to be very old.

Well I think he's ageless and immortal.

He's worn bandages since MKD... I doubt it is just to hide his identity. Perhaps it is indeed to try and keep himself together. As we can see in MK9 when the bandages were torn, his skin looked young and normal. But now 25 years after without his master and creator, maybe he is indeed slowly decaying.

Cyro said:
Yeah, he looks like a zombie, after all Ermac is more or less a Frankenstein's monster, I think they made him that way to show he is an evil creation and not a real person.

yeah he is a creation but not necessarily a "Frankenstein" creation...nevermind i take that back. He might have not been made up of different human parts but being comprised of thousands of Souls, I'd say he is Frankenstein-ish too lol. Maybe its not so much to show that he is EVIL but that he is still corrupted by Shao Kahn. (from previous games we know he isn't truly evil)

I never looked at Ermac's body as a vessel for the souls he contains. I figured him as a pure creation and the Character Ermac was the result. (don't know if i explained that right, but hopefully you get it) I don't think Ermac is young at all either, but thats another reason why i don't think his body was someone elses. All those souls, im sure that puts a physical strain on the body he is in. Another reason why i think he is a pure creation of Souls & Sorcery!

Well I think he's ageless and immortal.

Yes but the body he is in had definitely aged. Maybe the body was killed by shao and then the souls were sent into him creating Ermac, and even tho he is immortal the body still aged over time.. Its a really cool thing to think about.

I don't know, Shang presented him on MK9 like he was a new kid in town.

Guess time has passed a little bit for him...in a strange way.

I think he wore bandages because...he liked?

Who would care for his identity, I mean, he has no identity.

good observations. I wish we could talk to NRS about this im really curious on what they would say about his creation... I bet Shang wanted to steal Ermac's souls lol

Looks like Ermac isn't a living human being, his body is just a lifeless shell for the souls inside it, sustained not by any biological processes but by the magic it was infused with. As time goes by, the body breaks down and decomposes just like a corpse.

Nifty.

Makes me wonder if he could get into another body. They have KL fatality in gifs on tumblr but dont have Ermac's :( i need Ermacs in 4 gifs so i can share it on twitter. I wonder if they are gonna kill off Ermac this time or if he will somehow get the evil souls sucked out of him somehow.

Looks like Ermac isn't a living human being, his body is just a lifeless shell for the souls inside it, sustained not by any biological processes but by the magic it was infused with. As time goes by, the body breaks down and decomposes just like a corpse.

Nifty.

I think this is a very interesting theory. I kinda always saw the body as a lifeless vessel as well but I never thought about it aging or decomposing in games before. To me, this is all kinda why I like his face covered more though. I just like the mystery.