Ermac Revealed

He looks incredible. Love basically everything about him and I like the idea of him having Shao's soul (unless it means Shao Kahn returns to life, then #totheleft)

I was a tad bit disappointed, only because with the fatality teaser, I sort of had a hope it was Rain, but I really like Ermac, so whatever.

Meh, he looks alright. I don't like the wraps around his face though.

I wish they would've went with the concept art. It looks way more menacing.

So what do you guys think will be Ermac's role in the story?

Kotal: "I thought us allies, Ermac."
Ermac: "We will oppose the Emperor."
Kotal: "Now you will perish."

Scorpion: "I sense Shao Kahn in you."
Ermac: "Our creator is part of us."
Scorpion: "I will remove him."

The most obvious way to link these dialogues is that Kotal and Ermac start on the same side, then something happens to Ermac (i.e. he encounters Quan Chi) and this results in Shao Kahn's soul joining him or waking up inside him, having lain dormant. At this point Ermac turns on Kotal, either to become the Emperor himself, or to endorse another candidate (Quan? Mileena?), or just to go his own way.

But that's taking every word in the dialogue literally. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Ermac vs Kotal is Ermac's first appearance in the story, and the alliance between them, such as it was, isn't significant at all.

Regardless, the potential for this Outland civil war just skyrocketed, with Mileena/Goro/Kotal definitely being key players, Quan Chi, Kano, and Ermac as wildcards, and other involved parties besides (Reptile, Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah, Reiko? Baraka?). Very cool conflict.

I liked the way we can see his face.

He looks taller, and thinner. He has some ghostly appearance.

I just think the clothing on his waist is very different, he had on previous version, but the way it stands still.

Nothing to criticize at all!

He plays like Superman style, I mean, he does not touch the ground while moving or standing still, he is good on distances.

(...)

About story, I think Ermac will ally himself with Kotal Kahn (due the intro), but will, for some reason, betray him.

This reason may be the soul of Shao Kahn. I don't know how literally this is.

First because I don't know what happened to Kahn. But I didn't think he was dead (even though Quan Chi's ending).

But it really seems Shao Kahn's soul is within Ermac, and of course he would oppose Kotal Kahn.

I don't like they should had changed his voice, also don't like that some of his face shows... I can't tell if he didn't look human or not.. The stream was blurry so idk. But I do love that his costume looked like his MK9 alt. I hope his face is covered in another one. The x-Ray was great and the fatality that they did show was so good that it Shoulda just been secret...

So what do you guys think will be Ermac's role in the story?

Kotal: "I thought us allies, Ermac."
Ermac: "We will oppose the Emperor."
Kotal: "Now you will perish."

Scorpion: "I sense Shao Kahn in you."
Ermac: "Our creator is part of us."
Scorpion: "I will remove him."

The most obvious way to link these dialogues is that Kotal and Ermac start on the same side, then something happens to Ermac (i.e. he encounters Quan Chi) and this results in Shao Kahn's soul joining him or waking up inside him, having lain dormant. At this point Ermac turns on Kotal, either to become the Emperor himself, or to endorse another candidate (Quan? Mileena?), or just to go his own way.

But that's taking every word in the dialogue literally. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Ermac vs Kotal is Ermac's first appearance in the story, and the alliance between them, such as it was, isn't significant at all.

Regardless, the potential for this Outland civil war just skyrocketed, with Mileena/Goro/Kotal definitely being key players, Quan Chi, Kano, and Ermac as wildcards, and other involved parties besides (Reptile, Ferra/Torr, D'Vorah, Reiko? Baraka?). Very cool conflict.

Shao Kahn's soul is inside Ermac, we can notice that from the dialogues, now I don't really think Ermac betrays Kotal, they say that just because they are going to battle each other in a versus match, but that doesn't have to happen in the story, same as Kung Lao and Raiden battling each other, Kung asks for forgiveness because he's going to face him in mortal kombat, but that doesn't mean it really happens in the story.

Dialogues speak about the upcoming battle, not about the story mode.

Looks like a mix between the MK9 alt costume and the Legacy face.
Ermac and Kung Lao seem to be extremely over-powered compared to the rest of the MKX characters that they've shown, thus far.

Ermac and Kung Lao seem to be extremely over-powered compared to the rest of the MKX characters that they've shown, thus far.

PerfectLegend confirmed to make everyone hate Kung Lao again :p

Dang! Thought he was going to be the final boss! (sarcasm)

I'm glad he was revealed, though, so people can stop with the silly theory that he'd be the final boss just because some idiot on 4Chan posted a "leak." Like, really, when did that site become the authority on anything other than perversion? Lol I also love how Ermac says, "Our leader is part of us," letting you know that he is NOT the main villain.

PerfectLegend confirmed to make everyone hate Kung Lao again :p

I don't doubt that. :laugh:
I never hated nor liked Kung Lao in MK9 (personally), nor did I ever jump on the bandwagon for Kung Lao, Mileena, Cyrax or Kabal when people won tournaments with those characters.
I just stuck to the 3 that I felt most comfortable with (Rain, Nightwolf and Sub-Zero).

Ermac would probably support Mileena.

If Shao Kahn is inside of him, I don't think he would like to see other ruling instead of him.

Anyway, I don't think that's enough to make him the boss. He may have Shao Kahn inside, but he is not Shao Kahn.

And I bet Shao Kahn may have A LOT of problems there. All those souls may be from individuals he killed.

Obs.: I don't even think Ermac is playing like a boss (no meme pun intended).

Ermac would probably support Mileena.

If Shao Kahn is inside of him, I don't think he would like to see other ruling instead of him.

But King Jerrod is also inside. The two souls would most likely be conflicting with eachother... come to think of it, I believe ALL the souls except Shao Kahn were the Edenians slaughtered when Shao Kahn took over Edenia. So yeah, Shao Kahn's soul would most likely be beaten down. XD

Cassie and Raiden looks pretty strong to me. Kung Lao seems like a set up type of character which is a major contrast from his braindead rushdown style in MK9. I honestly don't know what to make of Ermac.

Remember that the souls may not have much of a free will, though, especially with Ermac still calling Shao "our leader." So he may not be beaten down at all, although I doubt Ermac will just become a mouthpiece for him.