The Official "Why Reptile" thread

Because he's insanely popular, he's an original, and he's green.
His new design looks like a vanilla wafer with mold, but I guess I'll just deal with it. At least we got him.
Unfortunately I was kind of hoping he'd stay on the bench with this MK but I'm cool.

Yes he looks like his previous MK9 model.
Because, yes, he is still that same Reptile - he wouldn't necessarily change.

I prefer Lizardman, from Soulcalibur, over Reptile to be honest. In my personal opinion, he looks a lot better.

8286sc5-pub-2d-aeon1-jpg

Wow, Goddess. I never thought I'd hear that

Cause, it's Reptile and he was apart of the OG characters!

Reptile isn't 1 of the OG playable MK1 characters, but I know what you mean.

Still, though, it felt like an underwhelming reveal (to me), partially because I don't want all the same repeated characters in MKX.
Hopefully we'll get more new characters soon.

Well, if I misread you, sir, would you do me a favor? Describe to me how you'd design Reptile if you were in charge of his costume and character.

Hmm...

No mask or hood. I would prefer to see his entire head. Maybe have an open mask, as in MK4, but with the same detail as in MKX. I'd like to make his face look more serpent-like, also somewhat like MK4. A row of small spikes running from his brow to behind the back of his head where the rows join and then continues down his spine. No tail though.

Remove the V-vest. No loincloth. Instead maybe give him the many straps and some random armour plates, somewhat like what we see in the comic and his MK9 main appearance. Tight dark green trousers, looking somewhat torn, and with straps and armour plates on them as well. Claws out, both on hands and feet, with wrappings around them. Spiked bangles around both his wrists and ankles. Maybe a spiked collar as well, to kinda show he is this beast on a leash, to show his minion-side, but making him alot more ferocious and primal in his overall attitude.

His movements should be creepy and dextrous... not as much as Voldo from Soul Calibur, but more to show he is indeed a reptile! Let him run on all fours along the ground with incredible speed, let him be able to twist and turn his body alot more than human possible. Scratching instead of punching, still with deadly precision and agility of that of a professional assassin and spy.

That's how I'd like to see Reptile.

That is very close to what I want, yes. Not the costume, but his looks and attitude.

Reptile isn't 1 of the OG playable MK1 characters, but I know what you mean.

Still, though, it felt like an underwhelming reveal (to me), partially because I don't want all the same repeated characters in MKX.
Hopefully we'll get more new characters soon.

I said OG characters, not OG playable characters, bruh. Meaning Goro and Shang Tsung are apart of that list.

If anything I want to see more MK4 characters. WHAT HAPPENED TO SHINNOK?

I said OG characters, not OG playable characters, bruh. Meaning Goro and Shang Tsung are apart of that list.

If anything I want to see more MK4 characters. WHAT HAPPENED TO SHINNOK?

Sadly, I can see him getting unceremoniously betrayed and merc'd by Quan Chi, leaving him with a very minor, unplayable, role.

Sadly, I can see him getting unceremoniously betrayed and merc'd by Quan Chi, leaving him with a very minor, unplayable, role.

UGH!!! You don't leave a cliff hanger and not bring him back after 4 years -_-. I've been waiting since I was a freshmen in high school to see what happens next.