Reptile revealed!

I just realised how bad his acid bubble currently looks. Its just one big sphere with lots of timy spheres in it. I hope they improve all of his acid effects in general.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter. It was still inconsistent with Reptiles story.
How doesn't it matter? Story in a fighting game is as relevant as hard games in current AAA videogaming... Specially in a game like Armageddon where you had Onaga AND Reptile on the same roster and on the same Konquest mode. That being said: Reptile was supposed to have his DA look as his primary costume, this is a fact, but then people asked for his SM outfit which was very popular. I myself was very happy they actually listenned to us back in 2006... It was about fan demanding rather "consistency" within MK universe, which Armageddon had none overall.

I'm calling it inconsistent. Because that's what it was. He was randomly not devolving anymore and they didn't even explain why.

It doesn't matter how many fans asked for it, it was still inconsistent with his story. I'm not debating whether or not people wanted it.

I just realised how bad his acid bubble currently looks. Its just one big sphere with lots of timy spheres in it. I hope they improve all of his acid effects in general.

How is the acid suppose to look?

Seriously, explain to me exactly how the acid could be improved.
It's just green liquid FFS...

I could care less about reptile. Except for mkda he was never relevant. This announcement was everything but exciting.

I could care less about reptile. Except for mkda he was never relevant. This announcement was everything but exciting.

You cared enough to post about it. So really, thank you for caring about Reptile. I'm glad you enjoyed the reveal enough to log on, watch a video about a character you don't like, then analyze, and share the conclusions you provided.

You cared enough to post about it. So really, thank you for caring about Reptile. I'm glad you enjoyed the reveal enough to log on, watch a video about a character you don't like, then analyze, and share the conclusions you provided.

Thanks. I'm glad you liked my review.

This thread is to discuss about Reptile. If you want to talk about the yellow palette swap of Kitana, make your own thread about it.

And for the people complaining about Reptile "looking the same" (even though he obviously looks different, plays differently, and actually has a voice this time around), get real. Were you upset for Quan Chi wearing the same thing for five games (MK:DA, MK:D, MK vs DC, MK: A, and MK:2011)?

The difference is, between Reptile's role in MK9, what we've heard of MKX's story, and his dialogue with Kung Lao (which did more for Kung Lao than it did for Reptile), there's absolutely no reason to think he'll do anything but be a doormat again. His new moves might be exciting to people who have already made up their mind to try him, but they do nothing for those that won't. All the rest of us have to judge Reptile's presence in the game on are aesthetics: costume, dialogue, animations. Which are all improvements over MK9... but barely.

So am I more excited about Reptile in MKX than I was in MK9? Without a doubt! But barely.

And that could still change. He could still end up being an ultra bad-ass in the story. But is it likely?

the yellow palette swap of Kitana

C'mon... that's mean. :/

I hope we see more of Reptile in the stream, which we most likely will. I've always like to play as him, because he's speedy and acrobatic, plus I loved his super Acid Ball in MK9! :D

As I alreayd mentioned, my favourite version of him is MK4. The crawl attack and the way the acid spit looked - which his acid barf attack in MKX looks alot like, so I'm glad to see that be in the game! ^^

Well i've ment to do that in the 1st place but sadly ur superior boss made some stupid rule that new members cannot post it immediately so that's why.

This is a tell tale sign that you came to troll and make things generally irritating. Now can we shift back to Reptile?

I wonder if he has anything to do with Onaga in MKX.

Guys, I have a really good idea for Reptile. First of all, I dig the MKX Reptile and I am sure that he will be a good character. But since a lot of people wanted a more "Human Reptile" while other people say that he always has been non-human (MKII advertising), a reptile in disguise, I thought of a way that combines both of these aspects:

Would you like an alternate costume or a variation look with Reptile wearing human skin above his arms (they are green and you can see them being not human). It would be something similar to Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Reptile could "wear" pale human skin above his visible body parts in order to disguise. It would be vicious! I hope NRS has a similar idea.