Future Possibilities for Raiden

Tanyas Husband

[Comic Spoiler]
Spoiler:
As seen in the comic, something big happens and raiden sees it.
I wonder what's going to happen with raiden in this story.
Quoting from the line I saw in the comic;
"I was too late to stop it!"

I wonder how much he'll change physically wise and how much he'll change mentally.
I have the strange hunch that something will happen and he will be changed forever in the story..Just a feeling.
What do you think might happen in the story?
Will we have another 'kill-off' crisis and Raiden be a victim this time?
Spoiler:
What do you guys think he was talking about when he mentioned "The Thing" in the comics?

All things I'd like to see everyone discuss. :)
Raiden.jpg

Last edited:
Raiden has always been my go-to for MK. Confident and charismatic, a leader for the Light that his warriors have always looked up to and fought for. He will protect Earthrealm and it's people until his end (whatever/however that may be).

However, that was before the future flashes he received. They have definitely left a mark on his psyche. In the old timeline, they have showed him that, even though his victories for the Light have been many, no matter how many more he might have, his precious realm will still be laid waste to and his efforts for naught. He must ensure victory.

So, he tries different approaches, from trying to save certain warriors from destruction to allowing the Light a different champion to face and defeat Shao Kahn. However, it seems for him that no good deed goes unpunished. With each new choice, almost all of them have led to further chaos. He started to second guess himself, as a leader and protector.

He finally figured out what he had to, if somewhat unwillingly, do. With Kahn's defeat, he has staved off the armageddon the visions showed. For what we know, Kahn is now out of the picture, and the amulet has healed itself. However, he lost many valiant and respected warriors, especially Liu Kang. Kang was not only his champion but also a close friend, almost son-like. To add insult to injury, Kang's death was an accident by Raiden's own hand. Now, another possible evil, even worse, has risen to take Kahn's place. An even bigger threat that he sees.

Raiden is still willing to take greater chances and take more unorthodox actions to stop this greater evil. I don't think he will go Dark Raiden or go mad, but I could possibly see him being less personally involved with his warriors and treat them more as an army and less like friends; a general versus a mentor. In his opening lines to matches, I've noticed there is less sympathy in his voice towards comrades and more of an authoritarian tone.

I think that Raiden needs as many allies as he can get in MKX, seeing as the only ones left after MK9 were Sonya and Johnny.

I'd love to see Fujin helping Raiden out, as well as maybe seeing Goro turn good, if Kotal Kahn beats him (comic).
I could see a scenario where Goro is about to get killed by Kotal Kahn, and Raiden intervenes, giving way to a thankful Goro joining Raiden's Forces Of Light for sparing his life. <--- Just my quick little fan-fiction.

I think Raiden will have a lot to deal with for the entirety of MKX.

It seems like the only people on his side are the Cage family, Subzero, and Fuujin.

I think that Raiden needs as many allies as he can get in MKX, seeing as the only ones left after MK9 were Sonya and Johnny.

I'd love to see Fujin helping Raiden out, as well as maybe seeing Goro turn good, if Kotal Kahn beats him (comic).
I could see a scenario where Goro is about to get killed by Kotal Kahn, and Raiden intervenes, giving way to a thankful Goro joining Raiden's Forces Of Light for sparing his life. <--- Just my quick little fan-fiction.

Goro being good? Wouldn't that be a sight to see.
I'm sure Raiden will make some kind of newer-aged force of light with half/majority of the new characters. I have a feeling the new characters will be a split of Shaolin Monks to some newer species of creatures, and that Raiden will go to all of them that he can and try to offer them something in return for joining the forces of light.
Just what I think is going to happen. ^

I think if following the MK9 story, there is alot of uneasiness/distrust with Raiden. Ppl might still follow Raiden but there's alot of questioning going on!

we are going to see "Dark Raiden" as the Boss of this game. Apparently he possesses the "Kamidogu of Order". I can see that as corrupting his mind and giving him a skewed view of "absolute polarities", basically, if you're not with him you're against him. Think Hotaru in a hat basically.

we are going to see "Dark Raiden" as the Boss of this game. Apparently he possesses the "Kamidogu of Order". I can see that as corrupting his mind and giving him a skewed view of "absolute polarities", basically, if you're not with him you're against him. Think Hotaru in a hat basically.

Wait what?
Is this how it is in the comic, or are you being sarcastic?

Wait what?
Is this how it is in the comic, or are you being sarcastic?

yup. someone posted issue #3 on youtube. this is the issue in which Raiden is having a conversation with fujin. Raiden reveals that he possesses the kamidogu of order which he has been using to help with his vision of the future ( kamidogus are "daggers" now apparently). We can see that Raiden's perception is somewhat tainted already as he is making comments such as "humans see the drawing drawing of blood as an honor. He then cuts himself (because thats how ya get them dogus to work!) and receives multiple visions of the future. sooo yeah. I'm thinking we're gonna see Dark Raiden or (and this is a looooooong shot) Havik

yup. someone posted issue #3 on youtube. this is the issue in which Raiden is having a conversation with fujin. Raiden reveals that he possesses the kamidogu of order which he has been using to help with his vision of the future ( kamidogus are "daggers" now apparently). We can see that Raiden's perception is somewhat tainted already as he is making comments such as "humans see the drawing drawing of blood as an honor. He then cuts himself (because thats how ya get them dogus to work!) and receives multiple visions of the future. sooo yeah. I'm thinking we're gonna see Dark Raiden or (and this is a looooooong shot) Havik

Havik was such a fan favorite in MKD. He should return. Not exactly a long shot as this game is likely realm-oriented.
It sounds like raiden is possibly going to be tainted and slowly become evil, but I'm extremely doubting that he's the big baddie.

Raiden is going to go dark again. I mean I think he has already. He just hasn't blown himself up in an attempt to save everyone this time around.

I also think he's going to get involved with some dark things involving the kamidogu. Idk what, but I think Sub-Zero's whole "Fear their power Raiden" is Sub-Zero warning Raiden of the effects of the Kamidogu (because Sub-Zero has witnessed their "curse" first hand).

Raiden is going to go dark again. I mean I think he has already. He just hasn't blown himself up in an attempt to save everyone this time around.

I also think he's going to get involved with some dark things involving the kamidogu. Idk what, but I think Sub-Zero's whole "Fear their power Raiden" is Sub-Zero warning Raiden of the effects of the Kamidogu (because Sub-Zero has witnessed their "curse" first hand).

when does sub say that to raiden? in game character interaction??

when does sub say that to raiden? in game character interaction??

Yeah, he says it in one of the intros. A lot of people have speculated on who the "their" might be. People have thrown everyone from the Elder Gods to Shinnok and Quan Chi out, but I'm willing to bet that the "their" refers to the Kamidogu now.

Yeah, he says it in one of the intros. A lot of people have speculated on who the "their" might be. People have thrown everyone from the Elder Gods to Shinnok and Quan Chi out, but I'm willing to bet that the "their" refers to the Kamidogu now.

seems legit. I'm super psyched about this story mode, can't wait to see where this all leads....ot to whom

Raiden and Mileena

I'd also like to see Raiden in some kind of love story (with Mileena), even if a complicated one or a triangle one. I choose Mileena, because she can be oriented nicely as sharing gruntwork-destiny with Raiden. Mileena is the generated bizarre twin of Kitana, and Raiden is the 'assumed figurehead' of pretentious powers.

This could be an untapped love story in the MK franchise, no?

mvr.jpg

Meh.
Aside from the Liu Kang / Kitana or Johnny / Sony stuff, I really don't care for any of the romance stuff in MK.
The only reason I tolerated the latter 2 were because it necessary for Cassie to be in MKX.
I don't really care for Takeda and Jacqui's relationship, either.
The main reason I've liked MK stories / lore of the past was due to the Tournament / conquering of worlds plot of it.
The plot for absolute power and dominion over all of the realms.
I'm actually hoping that Raiden's MKX epilogue, Kotal Kahn's ending and Ermac's ending all come to fruition for MK11, bringing the whole "tournament" aspect back to the forefront of MK.