SPOILER: Casting Call for Mortal Kombat X Digital Series Reveals New Characters?

Jeff Greeson

Administrator
Staff member
Warner Bros.' new digital content division, Blue Ribbon Content, recently announced that it was producing a new Mortal Kombat X related digital series, slated to debut around the release of Mortal Kombat X in April 2015. TRMK has obtained an exclusive look at the casting notice for this new production and it details some new and potentially unannounced characters featured in the next Mortal Kombat fighting game.
WARNING POTENTIAL SPOILERS CONTAINED BELOW
Some of the characters listed we've heard their names before associated with MKX, like D'Vorah. Another character, Takeda showed up in the comic released this week as the son of Kenshi and is not the Takeda mentioned in prior folklore. He is rumored by the kommunity to become a ninja known as Forrest Fox, but this is not mentioned in the bio. On the new character front we have the familiar name Bo Rai Cho who is being mentioned for the first time in association with MKX. There are also three completely new names: Salazar, Kung Jin, Ron Tan' Cho each with some interesting bios. No relation is mentioned between Ron Tan' Cho and Bo Rai Cho, surprisingly enough given the similar names. There is currently no way to draw conclusions between any of these characters and their playability in the MKX game, but it'd be a safe bet they'll show up along the way in the likely character deep Story Mode as at least a cameo role. Also of note, the listed director Garrett Warren was the Stunt Coordinator and Second Unit Director on the MK Legacy series previously. This appears to imply that he may now be the full director of this new series and that Kevin Tancharoen is not returning to the directors chair. It also appears that the new series will begin filming this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kung Jin

Spoiler:
Kung Lao's younger cousin?
So, a possibility that Kung Jin maybe took up the name "Kung Lao" in MKX to honor his cousin?

Last edited:
I don't think I understand.
Is this casting call for voice actors? Or artists.

It's a casting call for actors:

Blue Ribbon has already given series orders to three shows, including an untitled Mortal Kombat series produced in partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment that is tied to the upcoming Mortal Kombat X video game release in April 2015. The series is said to showcase some of the franchise's "most storied characters" and will introduce a new generation of fighters.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-unveils-first-development-742586

Edenia is dead? Wtf? Where did that come from?
I thought you were ignoring me...

And to answer your question, it's referring to the fact that Edenia was not unmerged with Outworld and its legitimate rulers and successors are all dead, so as far as I'm concerned, that's cause to consider that realm dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I thought you were ignoring me...

And to answer your question, it's referring to the fact that Edenia was not unmerged with Outworld and its legitimate rulers and successors are all dead, so as far as I'm concerned, that's cause to consider that realm dead.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
Yeah, but it's been so long... i cannot remember why i was ignoring you....
However that could mean they entered in a chaos state, or were invaded... but the territory and the people remain there, so the realm isn't over.... you would say chaosrealm isn't a realm just because they live in anarchy?

Yeah. It's for MK Legacy III, I think.

It's a digital live-action series in conjunction with the MKX game.
It's a tie-in to the MKX game, and apart from being a web series (IIRC), it likely won't have much else in common with Legacy.